Palo/Remy Questions from a 1st Time Disney Cruiser

CruiseLover73

Earning My Ears
I recently booked my first Disney cruise for October 2012 on Disney Fantasy. After reading these boards for a couple weeks, I'm starting to worry that I made a mistake.

As a first time Disney cruiser, am I going to have a hard time getting reservations for Palo and Remy (dinner)? I thought I'd just get to the port early on embarkation day, but now I see that there is a port arrival time to adhere to.

Am I stressing too much? Specialty dining on a cruise is very important to my husband and I, so if there is a big chance we won't get reservations, I'd rather just switch to another cruise line.

Comments?

If you can't get the ressies on line, then go to D Lounge on deck 4 (ask when boarding where the Palo/Remy ressies are being taken) at 1PM or ASAP when u board. They are very quick and can accommodate most requests. If you are still unable to get them, cl the maitre d' for the restaurant and ask to be put on the 'waiting list'. Trust me, 9 out of 10 times they clear with no problem.

I'm a first time cruiser and there were plenty of options for Remy and Palo on our 75 day, in fact there are still dinner times-we want brunch. We're 12 days out, so I bet it'll be the same when it's your time to book!

If you can't get the ressies on line, then go to D Lounge on deck 4 (ask when boarding where the Palo/Remy ressies are being taken) at 1PM or ASAP when u board. They are very quick and can accommodate most requests. If you are still unable to get them, cl the maitre d' for the restaurant and ask to be put on the 'waiting list'. Trust me, 9 out of 10 times they clear with no problem.

I agree:thumbsup2

We've always managed to get something even if we couldn't book online.

I have heard though that even though the navigator states a 1:00 pm time for embarktion day that the CMs are often there much earlier and all open spots gone by 1:00 pm:confused3

So given how important it is to the OP it might be worthwhile to check by the Palo/Remy desk as soon as you board to see if anyone is there rather than wait for 1:00pm.

Good luck!!

On my first cruise I stayed up late on the night our booking window opened and managed to wrangle reservations for Palo and our CC massage.
So it's really all luck, I guess.

Happy sails!
:boat:

I was on the DREAM last week (full cruise - no bookings available on line because i checked over and over) Went to D Lounge about 1:15 there were 2 people there. I was able to book REMY, PALO, and also the brunch and tea at Palo.

Thanks for your comments. I feel better now. This is an anniversary cruise, so we'd really like to eat alone at least once or twice for a romantic dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter