Palo dress code

evedein

Mouseketeer
I'm curious about the dress code for Palo Brunch vs Palo Dinner. DD asked if Bermuda shorts would be OK (for her husband) for the Brunch, since we're going to Bermuda. The last time we were in Bermuda (yrs ago) we saw a local man in a tux that included Bermuda shorts.

I'm curious about the dress code for Palo Brunch vs Palo Dinner. DD asked if Bermuda shorts would be OK (for her husband) for the Brunch, since we're going to Bermuda. The last time we were in Bermuda (yrs ago) we saw a local man in a tux that included Bermuda shorts.
The dress code for Palo is the same for dinner and brunch. This is what it says on the DCL website:
Dress to Impress
To preserve the elegant ambiance of this restaurant, you are asked to adhere to a dress code when dining at Palo. We recommend dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men, and a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse for women. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes). Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Shorts are a no-no.

I would say business casual- so no shorts, tank tops etc. Men were in nice pants, dark jeans, collared casual tops at the Palo brunch I was at.

Just be forewarned: dress code enforcement in Palo seems hit or miss. As a word of warning, you may show up for brunch with your DD's husband not in Bermuda shorts and someone else IS in Bermuda shorts...

Just be forewarned: dress code enforcement in Palo seems hit or miss. As a word of warning, you may show up for brunch with your DD's husband not in Bermuda shorts and someone else IS in Bermuda shorts...

This is regrettably true. We have seen shorts at both of our last 2 brunches. T-shirts as well.

We saw a woman in shorts (short with a cuff) and heels at a Palo brunch a couple years ago, I was surprised honestly. Maybe the heels made the difference

Still too formal for me. I only wear Birkenstocks and would be afraid I would be turned away.

Business casual is the best way to describe a reasonable interpretation of the dress code.

Business casual is a meaningless term. Business casual in Seattle is short, t-shirts, and flip flops. No one takes you seriously at Google, Amazon, Apple, and Expedia if you are dressed up.

Business casual is a meaningless term. Business casual in Seattle is short, t-shirts, and flip flops. No one takes you seriously at Google, Amazon, Apple, and Expedia if you are dressed up.

At least in the South Bay, no one pretends that casual is business casual if you work in IT. YMMV. But let's just say pants, shirts with a collar and closed toed shoes for men.

Last edited:
They do enforce the dress code, even at brunch. My husband forgot to change out of his jeans when he showed up and had to go back to our cabin and change before they would seat us.

They do enforce the dress code, even at brunch. My husband forgot to change out of his jeans when he showed up and had to go back to our cabin and change before they would seat us.

But jeans are allowed by the dress code. Unless they were ripped...

They were good condition jeans. They told us jeans weren't allowed and he had to change. Not really sure why then if they are allowed.

Maybe I'm misremembering and he was in shorts and changed into jeans. It was in January I just remember he had to go back to the cabin and change.

They were good condition jeans. They told us jeans weren't allowed and he had to change. Not really sure why then if they are allowed.

I would have argued that because the dress code clearly states jeans are allowed since 2016.

“Guests are asked to preserve the ambiance of this fine dining venue. Dress pants, slacks and collared shirts are recommended for men and a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse are recommended for women. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes). Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes.”

I think it is so odd that jeans are okay but nice, more professional looking shorts are not. My husband was asked to leave because he was wearing shorts for our PALO brunch in March. We had dined there on prior occasions and saw others wearing shorts so we assumed it was okay. They CM specifically told him jeans were acceptable so he went back to our room and changed. IMO he looked much more classy with the shorts and button down than he did with jeans. We don't mind dressing up or following the dress-code I just wish they would enforce it consistently:confused3

I think it's subjective as well. Last year when we had brunch at Remy a family of four showed up with two people dressed to the nines, one kinda rumpled and one in leggings and a tank top. No one was sent back to change.

In the bar between Palo and Remy on the Fantasy they have a cupboard with extra men's dress shoes...kinda reminded me of renting bowling shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter