Palo, alone?

eek40

DIS Veteran
I am travelling on the Nov 16th/20th Wonder and wondered(lol)since I am travelling alone, with a 5 year old if they let singles eat at Palos? I have heard so much about Palos and would love to try it but didnt know about doing it solo? Anyone have any ideas?
Aimee

At the parks, CM's go out of their way to make single diners feel welcome and comfortable in the restaurants. I'm sure it would be the same at Palo. Go, enjoy the scenery and fine food, and have a great time!

On one c ruise, the table of eight ended up just me! DH was sick and DS was at the club - tables mates were elsewhere and it was all pretty nice since the servers kept coming over to "entertain" me! Actually, it was very flattering to have the attention as a chubby old lady!

Rae

On our last cruise, we met a dad and his young son. The dad ate at Palo every night becuase he preferred eating alone to sitting with a family he didn't know. His son was having too much fun in the older kids club to want to have dinner with ol' dad!

I had the pleasure of dining alone twice in Palo. They are definitely more attentive especially to a single female ( sorry guys) They make you feel like a Princess. Go for it ! Enjoy the experience, you won't regret it

I believe that you can choose to eat at the bar, which would probably give you even more interaction than sitting at a table. And you never know...you might find tablemates at your regular dinner table who wouldn't mind if you joined them. We have often invited single travelers to join us, although they have had children with them and haven't been able to make it. Usually it isn't a problem to expand a reservation from 2 to 3.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for all the encouragement. I really do want to try Palos, my last cruise was a business trip and we were required to eat with the group so I missed out, but it just looks so good, and everyone seems to love it. I think I will go for it..I just didnt want to feel out of place in a sea of "couples".
Aimee

Palo is soooooooo yummy. My favorite place to eat on board! I am going at least twice on our next 7 day cruise in June!!! Go for it, sit at the bar if its more comfortable for you!

Absolutely I would eat there alone!!!

(I'd also bring a good book. I have no problem eating alone as long as I have something to stare at...without a book I feel self concious like I have nothing to look at but others, which of course then makes me feel self concious that they'll think I'm staring at them, even if I'm not. Even if you do'nt read the book it gives you something to focus on :) )

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter