PAL MICKEY in resort?

ilovedisney_miami

Once upon a time there was a girl who loves to got
By any chance does anyone know how much more or less is PAL MICKEY is inside the resorts?? :confused3
I so want one :love: if only they had minnie ....

It's definitely the same price as it is in the parks. We bought two (my kids each had their own money) at ASMo right after we checked in. They were prominently displayed behind each register. The CM helped us open it; it's attached to the packaging with 1,000,000 wire ties.

My son really enjoyed Pal Mickey; my daughter left him in the room after the second day.

You cannot buy a Pal Minnie, but you can buy different outfits. It rained so much the first two days we almost bought the Pal Mickey rain poncho. Yes, it looks like the ones you buy in the parks.

How much do they actually talk and point out things? It seems like a really cool idea.

EnnEss said:
How much do they actually talk and point out things? It seems like a really cool idea.

Pal Mickey is a very interesting idea. It has positives and negatives.

Positives:

--fun for the kids
--plays a (limited) number of games out of the parks
--appears to be just a "regular" stuffed toy; huggable and lovable!

Negatives:

--price
--repetitive at times
--lanyard too long / clip too large for young kids (IMHO)
--"replay" value

I think the positives are self-explanatory, so I'll try to explain the negatives. I think $65 is pretty darn expensive for what the toy does. My kids saved up their own money, so I didn't fight them when they wanted to buy PM, even though I had some reservations.

PM was very talkative in AK, to the point of being annoying. When you first enter the park, there are small animal viewing areas. We first visited at night, so the animals were already off stage. PM didn't care as he told us numerous times about the anteaters.

The included lanyard is poorly designed and too long for young kids. At its shortest length, the lanyard places PM nearly below the knee of my DD7. The included belt clip is about the size of a cell phone clip, which is too big for little kids. It jabbed them in the ribs. My son ended up holding his PM on his lap in the stroller.

After you have heard all of the jokes and answered all of PM's trivia questions, it basically becomes an overpriced display piece. My kids haven't touched PM since we got home. My daughter asked me to put her's on eBay because she wants to get some of her money back. :rotfl2:

PM did say something really cool. During our EMH visit to AK, we walked right on Dinosaur. DS5 loves dinos, so he was thrilled to see all of the fossils. He actually loved the ride and was glad to save the iguanadon. When we exited the ride and headed through the courtyard, PM giggled and wiggled. When my son squeezed PM to find out what he had to say, PM said "Boy, I'm glad to be off that Dinosaur ride! It was scary!" We all got a big kick out of that.

So.... is PM worth the cost? It all depends on what you want. The novelty wore off after a few days, and sometimes PM has good information, sometimes he doesn't. I guess I would say that PM is hit and miss.

Very informative review, thank you Iteachlit. It seems like they could jack the price up a bit more and sell a ton of them as quasi tour guides if they put in a bunch of interesting little facts. I'm sure a bunch of people would pay for them if the info was amusing. Obviously it would be of little use out of the park, but still.

Thanks again for all the info :).

FYI - you can get them on ebay (something you may, or may not want to tell your DD iteachlit). I bought one "brand new, still in packaging" for my DF - total coast was something like $55 apposed to what I had heard was $72 after tax's and stuff in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter