PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

If you bought it from Ikea you definitely need a lego master builder......

@PaHunter hope that that trend continues, like any other day I bet there are highs and lows and hoping for more highs than lows.

Well doing alright, did need some blood today. WBC was up to .09, so took a jump from yesterday at .06. Finally making some progress on that front.
The nurses keep reminding me of how good I am doing considering I had the harshest treatment regimen. They have been fighting over taking care of me since I am such an easy patient.
Finally started the next lego build of Boba Fetts ship the Slave 1. Finished the 3rd bag this afternoon, did two yesterday while DW was here visiting, so I had supervision.
Saw the new Titanic release, and the price is not bad. The reviews have not been too bad either. Not sure where I would put something over 4 feet long. We will see, another amazon package shipped to the house, DW purchased, so not sure if it is another set and which one.
They are hoping with today's jump in WBC that I may only have a week left before I can head home.

Great news Chris!

You are almost at 0.1 WBC... :cool1:

For those not sure what a normal WBC count is, 5-15 (thousand) is normal for men for most labs.

What number are they shooting for before you get to go home?

j

Great news Chris!

You are almost at 0.1 WBC... :cool1:

For those not sure what a normal WBC count is, 5-15 (thousand) is normal for men for most labs.

What number are they shooting for before you get to go home?

j
Was wondering same. What is their goal?

Actually my ANC needs to be 1.5 for 3 tests for me to go home.

Actually my ANC needs to be 1.5 for 3 tests for me to go home.
Cool,

I was wondering if they were monitoring neutrophils (baby white blood cells) or leukocytes. I'm sure they are.

For the non-medical, there are several types of "white blood cells" (WBC). The ANC Chris mentioned is a calculation taking the total WBC number and multiplying it times the neutrophils. Normal range for someone healthy is 2.5-5 in most labs.

j

Good news to read! Brightens a dreary morning here in WI. I hope you'll share a full collage of all your builds once you are settled at home.

Cool,

I was wondering if they were monitoring neutrophils (baby white blood cells) or leukocytes. I'm sure they are.

For the non-medical, there are several types of "white blood cells" (WBC). The ANC Chris mentioned is a calculation taking the total WBC number and multiplying it times the neutrophils. Normal range for someone healthy is 2.5-5 in most labs.

j

Right now with my WBC coming in today at .08 down from yesterday, they can not even calculate neutrophils yet. So counts were down a little today, received platelets. Nothing big. Once we can get that ANC number up, they will send me home. After 27 days so far I am ready to go home and cook something that tastes good, or order wings.

Today was another day, well it was raining out so just overcast and blah. WBC was up to .12 so climbing. My Dr is the one doing rounds this week, so first time I have seen him in awhile. He said I look good and should be out around the end of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

that sounds positive and seems like you are climbing the walls with Pascal. Sorry I have nothing to entertain you. I seriously think you might get my kitchen done faster than the contractors though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter