PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

Chris, if you start dancing around the IV pole they'll likely let you go home sooner.

If you were my patient, it would certainly cause me to sign a discharge order.
Michael I wouldn't be so quick to be signing discharge orders if I was you. How many times have you heard me say that "Comedy Isn't PRETTY !" Chris starts TWERKING and he is more likely to have them sign orders for a 72 Psych hold

Glad to hear that Chris!!!! Glad you get to go home and recover in your own space! It's never easy to recover in someone else's butt dent.

PS: Anything you would like from Disney? Back scratcher? Mickey printed hospital gown (I am sure they have them somewhere)? Pixie Dust container?

I heard they have this really cool 1:1 scale R2 D2 unit !!! :rotfl2:
The only thing I could not get last trip down there that I think is neat is the Orange Bird sipper.

So today at 3pm I was released from the hospital. I have to return tomorrow for bloodwork and if needed a blood transfusion. From there I go every other day to have bloodwork done. Reba is glad I am home, and I frankly am glad to be home even if limited in what I can do.
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers so far. This is far from over for me. Next step in a few weeks will be another bone marrow biopsy to see how I am doing. We will then determine what the next step will be from there. So for now we continue on with round 2.

Chris Super Happy Happy Happy to hear that you are home. Now you can start to recover. Reba and Jenn will keep you on the Beam.

So today at 3pm I was released from the hospital. I have to return tomorrow for bloodwork and if needed a blood transfusion. From there I go every other day to have bloodwork done. Reba is glad I am home, and I frankly am glad to be home even if limited in what I can do.
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers so far. This is far from over for me. Next step in a few weeks will be another bone marrow biopsy to see how I am doing. We will then determine what the next step will be from there. So for now we continue on with round 2.
Pulling for all good stuff! Glad you made it home! Everytime i think of steps, and moving forward, i think of this.....https://youtu.be/H4fc74snmK8

So today was a trip back over to the hospital as an outpatient. They did labs, my Red Blood Cells were up, but platelets were down, so needed a transfusion of them. That only takes a little over an hour, vs the blood transfusion takes closer to 3 I believe. So back again on Monday and see how I am doing then. From there it is every other day until we get to the biopsy date.

So Sunday was a day of relaxing around he house, trying to get little things done without overdoing it. I did manage to unload the motorcycle and get it back in the garage. Have to move the trailer Tuesday so it is out of the way, also need to contact dealership, have a couple spots delaminating.
Today was back to the hospital for bloodwork. Today my numbers were ok, so no transfusions needed. I walked out to the parking garage, about .5 mile and after eating lunch needed a nap. Reba joined me for nap time and we used up a good hour.
90 for a high today, 90's the next two days, so will not be doing much outside for sure.

Chris , very happy to hear you feel well enough to do some basic tasks. Willing to bet extra time with Reba is something she appreciates. The Savages once they got used to my need for supplemental O2 They were all over me, when Lucille did let out of the house once I came back they wouldn't leave my side.
Just don't overdo things. your treatments are likely to take a lot out of you

So glad you are home to Jenn & Reba. Take it easy & pray your treatments will be successful real soon & your days will get easier. Still sending prayers!!

. I did manage to unload the motorcycle and get it back in the garage.
Hope the bike was secure and in good working order when you got it out. With all this talk about Randy and warp speed......you never know.:car::D I should have got that crash course on the Spyder that you offered. The parking brake had me for a few minutes. Did someone say YouTube :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Continued thoughts and prayers for you.

Steve

Chris, so glad to hear that you are home with Jenn & Reba. We will continue to keep you in out thoughts and prayers.
I'll keep an eye out for R2D2 for you 👍

I heard they have this really cool 1:1 scale R2 D2 unit !!! :rotfl2:
The only thing I could not get last trip down there that I think is neat is the Orange Bird sipper.

Well you would have to pay me back for that sooooo, I will keep an eye out for your Orange Brist sipper as I think that is closer to our budgets abilities?

Glad you are home and able to tend to some things. Just keep in mind not to push yourself too hard, you are in recovery after all.

Hope the bike was secure and in good working order when you got it out. With all this talk about Randy and warp speed......you never know.:car::D I should have got that crash course on the Spyder that you offered. The parking brake had me for a few minutes. Did someone say YouTube :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Continued thoughts and prayers for you.

Steve

You guys did a great job loading and securing the bike down.

Well you would have to pay me back for that sooooo, I will keep an eye out for your Orange Brist sipper as I think that is closer to our budgets abilities?

Glad you are home and able to tend to some things. Just keep in mind not to push yourself too hard, you are in recovery after all.

I am trying to get little things done and not to push. I am still in treatment, have not gotten to recovery yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter