Paddle FIsh ,Boathoue, flying fish ,or blue zoo

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
Looking for thoughts on these for a dinner for two.
We will be at BW so flying fish and blue zoo are closest but we don't mind traveling
We have been to flying fish several times .
Last time we went there (about 3 years ago) it was sub par.
Service was not good .
We honestly could not understand the waiter.
But have heard it is back and now OK.

We didn't get to try Paddlefish, Boathouse or BlueZoo but really loved Flying Fish which we tried earlier this month. We never tried them before the refurb so I have nothing to compare it with but we thought this menu was delicious. We had the pork belly, lobster bisque & strawberry salad for appetizers. Salmon, scallops & trio for entrees & panna cotta for dessert. Our server was wonderful & very attentive. I would recommend it! Hopefully someone else can compare it with the other restaurants you're asking about.

My DH and I really like Boathouse. We typically sit at the bar outside by the water and have drinks and split an entree or appetizer. I think the food is excellent. I haven't been to Flying Fish or Blue Zoo. I had an ADR for our upcoming trip at Paddlefish but the reviews are so mixed so far that I decided to cancel and we are going to Morimoto instead. I do really want to try Paddlefish though so I think we are going to try out the roof top bar and get drinks an appetizer to see what we think.

Our family went to Boathouse and we loved it! Great food and fun place. There is a boat turned into a table inside. And I believe if you sit outside by the water, you have a view of that volcano that erupts. Amphicar Launch is next to Boathouse and looks pretty cool too! Never been to the others.

Bluezoo...seriously, sometimes I go twice in a trip, but i usually stay at the Swolphin and occassionally will just pop in for drinks, but I ALWAYS eat dinner there at least.

If you want to stick to the Boardwalk area, bluezoo is great. Really good food and service. We also like The Boathouse! We haven't tried Paddlefish yet. We tried Flying Fish after the refurb and were completely unimpressed. The food was mediocre and the service was terrible. Of the four you listed, that would be last on my list!

I personally was disappointed in The Boathouse - but mostly because of the price point. Things certainly weren't bad. Just not worth the mar up.

Flying Fish on the other hand was wonderful. I will admit I ate at the bar and had the pork belly and dessert - two stand outs on the menu it seems. I also love blueZoo. One of my favorites on property.

What I might suggest, especially with a small group, is to get apps and a glass of wine at Flying Fish - then have dinner at blueZoo. Would make for a really lovely evening!

NOTE - Haven't been to Paddlefish, so can't comment there.

Trying Paddlefish this next trip because the kids prefer the menu. Josh at EasyWDW gave Paddlefish a really good review so that makes me hopeful despite some of the bad ones I've seen. Some of the bad reviews I see for Paddlefish and Boathouse are based largely on the fact that the cost is too high for the quality/serving size, but that's pretty much the case at all Disney signature restaurants (in my opinion anyway), so I pay less attention to those than to folks who didn't like the quality or service.

We tried to grab drinks/appetizers at Boathouse last trip. Had an outside seat and the service was VERY slow/unfriendly so after one drink we paid and left.

I have not been to Paddlefish but have eaten at the other 3--bluezoo and Flying Fish several times and Boathouse just once. I would rank them

1. bluezoo
2. Boathouse
3. Flying Fish

At Boathouse, we sat outside on a beautiful day and I loved the oyster flight. Those oysters definitely are better than the selection offered at bluezoo. So for water view and oysters, Boathouse comes out ahead but in all other aspects, bluezoo is a better restaurant, especially if your dinner for two is two adults, as its definitely a more adult atmosphere. The scallop appetizer here (large enough to share) is the single best dish I've ever had at WDW, outside of Victora & Alberts. And they will have several specials based on what fresh fish they got that day. For my upcoming trip, I'm still debating on Boathouse because I want those oysters but we are definitely going to bluezoo.

I have had several nice enough dinners at Flying Fish but I've never left feeling like it was amazing. Factor in the close tables and noise level and I have to rank it well below bluezoo.

For me, I would try Paddlefish. It looks amazing and it has received really good reviews. Look up Josh's review there are tons of pictures of the food and the restaurant itself. We are going to try it.

I have not been to Paddlefish but have eaten at the other 3--bluezoo and Flying Fish several times and Boathouse just once. I would rank them

1. bluezoo
2. Boathouse
3. Flying Fish

At Boathouse, we sat outside on a beautiful day and I loved the oyster flight. Those oysters definitely are better than the selection offered at bluezoo. So for water view and oysters, Boathouse comes out ahead but in all other aspects, bluezoo is a better restaurant, especially if your dinner for two is two adults, as its definitely a more adult atmosphere. The scallop appetizer here (large enough to share) is the single best dish I've ever had at WDW, outside of Victora & Alberts. And they will have several specials based on what fresh fish they got that day. For my upcoming trip, I'm still debating on Boathouse because I want those oysters but we are definitely going to bluezoo.

I have had several nice enough dinners at Flying Fish but I've never left feeling like it was amazing. Factor in the close tables and noise level and I have to rank it well below bluezoo.
Huge oyster fan, so may stop by Boathouse for some oysters next trip, though there are some very good oyster restaurants in the DC area.

Read some reviews on the Paddlefish facebook page - a lot of negative. Same on Yelp/Trip Advisor, which makes me a bit concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter