Padding the Tractors at Carsland

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
Are they going to add A/C to the tractors next? :rotfl2:

Published: Sept. 18, 2012 Updated: 11:01 a.m.
Disney adds padding to Cars Land ride
By SARAH TULLY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ANAHEIM – Crews next month will make changes to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree vehicles in Disney California Adventure, the second Cars Land ride to undergo modifications since the area opened in June.
Disney plans to add padding in early October on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, a ride in which riders in tow trucks based on a character in the "Cars" movies spin about. The ride is expected to remain open.

"We heard from guests that it was uncomfortable," said Mary Niven, vice president of Disney California Adventure in an August interview.
Already, on July 25, crews placed non-skid material on the seats of the vehicles to prevent guests from sliding about. Padding will be added to the back of seats near the shoulder area to increase comfort.
Three visitors have reported injuries or medical problems to a state agency while riding Mater's. Disney began discussing the changes before the problems occurred, said Melissa Britt, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman.
The reports include a 28-year-old woman who said she suffered whiplash while going on the ride June 17, and a 9-year-old girl hit her mouth and chipped her teeth on the vehicle on June 29. It is unclear how those incidents allegedly occurred. The state found no wrongdoing with Disney.
James Stevenson, an annual passholder from Studio City, said he doesn't think the padding will hurt the ride's thrill.
"The hard plastic on the sides can be painful when you get whipped into it, or the person next to you forces you into the side," said Stevenson of Studio City in an email. "I think it's the sensation of being whipped (and even crunched by your seatmate) that is what makes the ride fun."
Cars Land officially opened June 15 as a 12-acre area with three rides based on the "Cars" movies.
Already, Disney, on the Luigi's Flying Tires ride, removed beach balls that guests tossed while floating about, in vehicles that move like a puck in an air-hockey game. The state investigated five cases in which visitors had injuries related to the beach balls. Disney removed the beach balls in August because of the incidents and it was taking so long to retrieve the balls between the loading of guests.

I can understand the non-skidding material on the seats as I was sliding all over the place when I rode it a few times during the summer. I'm not sure if padding is necessary though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!