Packing Water?

Irish Kelly

Earning My Ears
So, I've been thinking of ways to save money, and was considering taking a cab from PC to a local grocery store to stock up on water (instead of paying the Disney prices for bottled water)

But a lot of people on the budget board suggested packing water to take along with me.

Is this a good idea? I haven't travelled since 9-11 and I'm wondering what kind of restrictions there are on what you pack in your suit case... I was hoping to take some breakfast bars down as well, but again, I hear that there are 'issues' with taking food across the border.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

I wouldn't bother...

We used FLTours for our town ca service, and we stopped for a free 30 minute grocery stop...picked up water, and groceries besides...

Save the room in your suitcase!!

:sunny:

We always take a case of water with us, but then we always drive (and the water is cheaper here than in the Florida grocery stores). If I was flying, I probably wouldn't bother packing it.

I have read some good things about the Brita Sports Bottles, I plan on picking a couple up tomorrow. Apparently when you are in the parks you can just ask a vendor for some ice, then head to a fountain. The filtered water tastes great, so they say!

I usually do a grocery stop and pick up some bottle water there... I'd worry that if I packed water in my suitcase it might leak.

A neat trick I read on one board was renting a car at the airport and doing your running around unload at disney and drop off car at the Hilton.
Do you think I could find that post again... Anyways could be a money saver depending how many of you there are... If I find details again I will post here.

But it might be worth a couple of phone calls to find rental drop off points near Disney.

Does anyone know where to get those filtered Brita bottles? I've looked in a few Walmarts and Canadian Tire but they didn't sell them.

Originally posted by mbb
I wouldn't bother...
We used FLTours for our town car service, and we stopped for a free 30 minute grocery stop...picked up water, and groceries besides...
Save the room in your suitcase!!
My sparkly Maritime friend here is right. Water is Heavy. Best to use a car service and just get some at the grocery on the way there, plus a few snacks, maybe some fresh fruit for the next few days (and the fruit is so nice and fresh in Florida). A case or a couple of 8 or 12 packs of bottled water should cover you. And they have the itty bitty 4 oz bottles that are so great for kids.
:sunny:
As for those breakfast bars, you can pack them, and if they are in sealed packages, I doubt if Agriculture, Customs or the TSA will look twice at them. I'll bet they are cheaper in the States tho. It's really onlya problem if you are bringing in citrus (you know the really good kind, from those Canadian citrus groves in, where are they again? the tropical part of Newfoundland maybe? ;) ), and they'll just toss those in a waiting trash recepticle.

Thanks The House of Mouse! I will check out Pharma Plus in Brampton as I go there all the time!

Thanks again!

The House of Mouse, thank you!!! I printed out the thread on the link just so I can have the info handy when we go to WDW in October!

I appreciate the trouble you went to! Thanks very much!

I was able to pick up my Brita Sport water bottle at Canadian Tire, but they seemed to have stopped making them last April. The customer service went on their computer and found a Canadian tire that had them in stock I paid $9.99 for it. When I was down in Disney, I went to the Walmart on highway 192 and found them there as well. Also, if you can't find one, water from melted ice is better tasting than from the drinking fountains. Also, the water from the drinking fountains is bad at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!