Packing just a carryon bag

la79al

DIS Veteran
DSis and I are heading to DW in September for a 4 day trip. I am hoping to take only a carryon bag (sis said she needs checked luggage though so I'm not sure what the point is of me downsizing). I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to pack and not to pack and any hints on how to get the most in the bag. TIA

Just remember, you won't be able to pack full size bottles of shampoo, bodywash, etc. All liquids have to fit in a quart size bag and only onequart size bag per carry on. At least that is what the box I saw said next to the travel size stuff.

I often travel for for 4 days for business and only bring a carry on along with a smaller personal bag. The personal bag is more like a small hand held duffel.

I think the suitcase makes a big difference as to what you can fit.

For Disney, in my 21" carry on, I'd pack 1 pair of flip flops (for the pool) and wear my Keen's. Underwear, no socks, 1 extra bra (wear the other--if you're a girl:), 3 shorts, 3 shirts, one capri. You're wearing your 1st day outfit so no need to pack more. Also, wear your light sweatshirt on the plane since it can get cool and is too bulky to pack. Also wear any hat you'd use. Bring one pair of pajamas. If you're sweaty before bed-time, make sure to wash up first so they stay fresh.

Don't use gel or liquid deodorant. Get a solid so it doesn't have to be part of your 1 quart bag. Use Bare Essentials as make-up so it also doesn't have to be part of your 1 quart bag. If you use lip gloss, buy a travel size or use a sample size. If you use eye-liner, don't use liquid, get a pencil. I think you get the idea. I've even gone as far as to wear my glasses and not my contacts so that I didn't have to add extra liquid items (solution) to my bag.

Your liquid items would most likely be: mascara, sunscreen (buy travel size), condition (again, travel size), lip gloss/balm, lotion, hand sanitizer, tooth paste. Use the shampoo from the hotel. Usually, as long as you have decent conditioner, you can go a couple of days using the hotel shampoo.

All of the other personal non-liquid items can then be packed in your small carry on bag with no problem.

Oh, I also don't bring a huge purse with everything in it since it counts as a bag. Pack a fanny-pack or small back-pack, but don't forget to take the important items out of your purse (ID, credit card) to bring with before you leave. Also, keep all boarding passes, ID's, and 1 quart bag handy with you for going through security.

I hope this helps! You can do it. And if there's any problem, you can wash your clothes if necessary and pick up an essential item at the gift shop.

I forgot to add that I roll my clothes when packing. I iron while I go when on vacation and do not iron everything before packing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter