Packing Alcohol

Ok, dopey question. Do you guys all drive to Port Canaveral, or can I take a rolling cooler filled w/ Guiness as carry on luggage on SW? :rotfl:

We always bring beer except for the last cruise when I was preg. NOT pregnant this time SO bring on the beer!!! Anyhow, we carry it right through to get on the plane. The only time someone questioned in was the first time we flew after 9/11 and the other checker said, "It's not on list so I guess it's o.k." We've never had a rolling cooler, so that should make it much easier. I also always bring a beer cozy. Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not...but it tends to get a little hot in the Caribbean!! :goodvibes :rotfl: I've had people come up to me and ask where I got the cozy and told them I was prepared and brought it from home. I also got one at Sloppy Joe's in Key West if ya forget!! Note to self: add that to my packing list!! :thumbsup2

Jodi said:
Ok, dopey question. Do you guys all drive to Port Canaveral, or can I take a rolling cooler filled w/ Guiness as carry on luggage on SW? :rotfl:

The time we flew down, we used a private car for transportation to the port from Orlando. Our driver made a stop at Walmart for us so we could get beer. Then we just carried it on.

Jodi said:

Hi
I took my rolling cooler on as a carry on, no problem. It however did NOT fit in the over head compartment. It only fit under the window seat in front of me. I flew Continental.

We drove. We would have gone over the weight limit if we had been flying and tried to check with our luggage. We had it filled to the top! It saved us a lot of money!!

KimK2006 said:
I would recommend carring any wine on the ship yourself. Some friends that went with us had a bottle of red wine break in their suitcase. (They thought it was wrapped up enough, but obviously it wasn't.) Of course it was in the suitcase with all of their dinner clothing. My friend discovered it when she went to check out her room for the first time and found her suitcase sitting in her bathtub with plastic wrap around it. When she called guest services, they had someone to her door in less than a minute. They dry cleaned everything and had it back to their room by 7:00 in the evening. Every spot came out!!! (Earlier, another friend could see the luggage being loaded on the ship and commented how rough they were with the luggage.) Live and learn!!

:scared1: This is why we pack all of our clothes in ziplock bags or the compressable Packmates. With my luck that leaky liquid would be all over my stuff. :laundy:

Has one here actually carried the whole case on board not in a cooler??
Thanks...

I am concerned about lugging my rolling cooler around until our room is ready.( we plan to get to terminal early, wanted to bring bottled water and some beer and wine) I have read that they rope off the hallways until the rooms are ready. I was hoping to be able to set the cooler by our door. Any thoughts?

Kritter ... last October my husband and I toted a case of Bud Light right on the ship. We didn't bother with the cooler and no one batted an eye. :drinking1

kritter said:
Thanks...
we've carried about a case of wine on in duffel bags but found the easiest way to do it is just ship the stuff. I just don't like having to haul heavy bags if I don't have to. I started a thread (which I think is in the FAQ section) with all the info. We used a wine shop in Port Canaveral so there would be no question about state-line problems (we're in CA). Not the cheapest way to go, but the easiest for sure. We didn't have any problems with corkage fees as we had DIS'ers over for wine before dinner and then carried large enough glasses into dinner to go thru the meal.
:teeth:

Has anyone shipped alcohol from Canada onto their WD Cruise??? If so, who did you use, and how much did it cost. Cheers! :joker:

Soccermom-Cheri said:
we've carried about a case of wine on in duffel bags but found the easiest way to do it is just ship the stuff. I just don't like having to haul heavy bags if I don't have to. I started a thread (which I think is in the FAQ section) with all the info. We used a wine shop in Port Canaveral so there would be no question about state-line problems (we're in CA). Not the cheapest way to go, but the easiest for sure. We didn't have any problems with corkage fees as we had DIS'ers over for wine before dinner and then carried large enough glasses into dinner to go thru the meal.
:teeth:

Thanks what was the name of the company?? We would like to do this...

I was also thinking that we would have our limo stop and then we could get some alcohol..I wanted a bottle of margirita mix too.....I found a great drink to make with the TGIF mix...

Kritter ... last October my husband and I toted a case of Bud Light right on the ship. We didn't bother with the cooler and no one batted an eye.

Thanks so much..Did he find it a pain to lug it around till your room was ready??????

Readytocruisefrompa said:
I know DCL rules say you are not to bring alcohol on board, but are they strick with this rule? Has anyone gotten away with bringing it on board and if so how did you pack it?

I thought DCL was one of the few ships that let you bring alcohol on board. We bring it every time, both in our luggage, mailed ahead and carried on. No problems any time..at all.

kritter said:
Thanks...

We bring a 30 pk (stopped at a store on the way into the port) in our roll on cooler, then at the first port my DH picked up more. We had no problem carrrying it on or in the cooler. And you will have no problem picking any up in most ports.

lUVTOGO said:
We bring a 30 pk (stopped at a store on the way into the port) in our roll on cooler, then at the first port my DH picked up more. We had no problem carrrying it on or in the cooler. And you will have no problem picking any up in most ports.

I did not know that you could get it in port and bring it back on to drink..good to know..thanks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter