Own lightbulbs at AKL

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
Ok so I've be forewarned about how dark AKL rooms are. Is this true for the concierge rooms as well?

Anyway, people on the boards have mentioned bring their own lightbulbs. Can that be done? Would housekeeping report us?

Have to remember there is a reason why the lightbulbs aren't that bright. They can't have all 'bright lights' going on around the savannah area - they need to keep it 'low lighted' for animal's sake. Yes, it is somewhat dimmer than you're used to but it's okay for as little as you are in the room, believe me! I put on every light in the room, above beds and all and it was okay!
have a nice trip! AKL is awesome!

We just got back from AKL, and I have no idea what people are going on about. The lighting was fine, and I have eyes that are going on me now that I've passed 40!

It was bright enough in the bathroom area that I could pluck my eyebrows, so I don't know what kind of wattage people think they need. We also read in bed every night without a problem. Unless you need 100 watts to get by, I think you'll be ok.

Thanks musicfan and donnamerry,

Good to hear from people that said it was ok. All I seem to hear is negative on this issue.

It's good to hear some positive things about the lighting. I wanted to try the AKL next summer, but have been having second thoughts since I started reading the complaints about the lighting.

AKL seems like an exciting resort. Maybe I'll try to do 2 or 3 nights there instead of a whole week.

I totally agree. I loved the AKL rooms! I didn't notice a problem with the lighting, however, I do live in a log home. I guess I am used to brown hues. Anyway, I thought the lighting was fine to read the paper or whatever else I needed to do. We absolutely loved the AKL. I would recommend it to anyone. I don't know about concierge area but I really want to try it out some time. Especially for the sunrise safari. I hear that it's great. Maybe if some awesome codes come out for January we'll be able to do AKL and YC. My gosh, how would I ever be able to take two Deluxes in one trip????;)

Count us in the category of not noticing any hegative issues with the lighting. It was slightly dimmer, but absolutely fine.

I certainly wouldn't second-guess staying there because of the lighting!

Ted

We have stayed at AKL twice and although the rooms are darker than most, we have not had a problem. DD did her homework with no problem. She uses a lighted make-up mirror at home and never complained about the lighting in the bathroom either. One thing to keep in mind if you do decide to bring your own light bulbs, some lamps are only rated for certain watt bulbs, using anything higher could be a fire hazard. Also, as someone else mentioned, the lights are dim because of the animals. I guess if someone really wants a "bright" room, AKL may not be the place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!