Overwhelmed (new) 🙄

You can not book a loop only a category, tent pop-up, full hook up, preferred, premium or premium meadows. After booking your category of campsite you could then ask them to note on the reservation a specific site or loop that you would like to try and get. There is no guarantee that your request will be granted but Fort Wilderness will try for you, you could also try upon check in to ask the CM for a specific loop or site number but again no guarantees.

Are there all level of campsites in each loop or are some loops more preferred and some more basic??

Last edited:

all of the sites in a given loop are the same type.
100, 200, 300 are preferred. Those are the only ones I know off the top of my head.

Are there all level of campsites in each loop or are some loops more preferred and some more basic??

100, 200, 300, Preferred, 400, 500, 1100, 1200, 1300 are Premium, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1400 are Premium Meadow (more pricey) 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 are Full, 1500, 2000 are Partial.

Here's the number of sites in each loop,
100 loop – 25; 200 loop – 37; 300 loop – 63; 400 loop – 33; 500 loop – 56; 600 loop – 37; 700 loop – 35; 800 loop – 74; 900 loop – 32; 1000 loop – 23; 1100 loop – 24; 1200 loop – 22; 1300 loop – 34; 1400 loop – 61; 1500 loop – 21; 1600 loop – 46; 1700 loop – 41; 1800 loop – 32; 1900 loop – 38; 2000 loop – 69

You can request loops, but not guaranteed that you would get that loop, we usually request 3 loops that we would like, with first choice, second choice and third choice, have always got the first choice loop that we requested.

rejak73 has given you some excellent information but must have forgot that the 2100 loop is now campsites (it was first made into campsites a long time ago and then into cabins and then 2 years ago back to campsites) and it is a full hook up loop, and there are 44 sites in that loop.

400 and 500 loops like all the other premium and premium meadows loops are all concrete while the preferred (100,200, 300) and the full hoop up have concrete and small rocks. The actual pad you park your RV on is concrete with a little extra on each side and the outlying parts are small rocks, the back and sides coming up to the concrete. So really no sites are better than any other it just boils down to preference, as in close to the settlement (preferred) close to the Meadows ( premium meadows 6,7,8,9,10 and 14) and the full hook ups are supposed to be a little farther away from everything but I personally don't find this to be true. While the campground is almost 800 acres all the loops are pretty close to all the main activities with the 2100 loop being the exception as it is a little farther away from everything. Go to one of the posts that have the campground map on it and you will see where all the loops are situated within the campground, Like most everyone here will agree there is NO bad campsite at the Fort some who have been coming for a ling time or who come frequently like a specific loop because they get used to it and may have met friends who now stay in the loops together. Hope this helps......

Location, Location, Location. That is a big determining factor of the loops status. Plus the size of the concrete pads as well. Oh yeah, and $$$.

The location may or may not be a factor depending on how you want to get around. If you have a golf cart (or bikes or something similar) the location is less of an issue. If, however you are walking or taking the bus everywhere, well then this could be a factor.

As far as reserving a loop, the advice to note your reservation is good advice, but I would also add, to follow up with a call to them about a week before arrival. That seems to be when they work on assignments. Also as you check-in, if you come in Earlier in the AM, you have a better chance to get your preference as opposed to later in the day. If someone comes in before you and there is an issue with the site they were assigned, (They don't fit, don't like or whatever), they may get re-assigned. This means that your preference could be snagged up before you get there. No site is guaranteed until it's actually assigned, so it really is a first come first serve.

I know for us (we have a 38' TT) we have gone a couple times and had to go back up front to get a new site. One site they gave us, we couldn't get in even if we had a large shoe horn :). We have since gone around to the loops and looked at the sites for size, angle, location, etc, and have developed a list of the sites we know we can fit into without too much issue. That way when we check-in we have a large selection that we can work with. Saves us many trips back to the front.

Thank you Corgidad! I did forget about that loop, copied the sites from Allears and they must not have it updated. Well, they didn't have the Meadow loops either but I knew about them.

Location, Location, Location. That is a big determining factor of the loops status. Plus the size of the concrete pads as well. Oh yeah, and $$$.

The location may or may not be a factor depending on how you want to get around. If you have a golf cart (or bikes or something similar) the location is less of an issue. If, however you are walking or taking the bus everywhere, well then this could be a factor.

As far as reserving a loop, the advice to note your reservation is good advice, but I would also add, to follow up with a call to them about a week before arrival. That seems to be when they work on assignments. Also as you check-in, if you come in Earlier in the AM, you have a better chance to get your preference as opposed to later in the day. If someone comes in before you and there is an issue with the site they were assigned, (They don't fit, don't like or whatever), they may get re-assigned. This means that your preference could be snagged up before you get there. No site is guaranteed until it's actually assigned, so it really is a first come first serve.

I know for us (we have a 38' TT) we have gone a couple times and had to go back up front to get a new site. One site they gave us, we couldn't get in even if we had a large shoe horn :). We have since gone around to the loops and looked at the sites for size, angle, location, etc, and have developed a list of the sites we know we can fit into without too much issue. That way when we check-in we have a large selection that we can work with. Saves us many trips back to the front.
Thanks for the details. Size isn’t a big issue. We’re 22’. DH isn’t a great backer-upper. Still learning. But this trip is September 2020! I’m just figuring things out.

Thanks for the details. Size isn’t a big issue. We’re 22’. DH isn’t a great backer-upper. Still learning. But this trip is September 2020! I’m just figuring things out.
This is our second year in our little trailer. We just got a new tow vehicle and haven’t been anywhere with the new setup. We will be at the Fort first week of September. My husband had just gotten the hang of backing in with our old vehicle. Neither one of us are sure how much of a difference it’s going to make with backing in. The turning radius is different, so I think that will factor in. I think he is planning to go find a big empty parking lot and practicing a bit before we go.

This is our second year in our little trailer. We just got a new tow vehicle and haven’t been anywhere with the new setup. We will be at the Fort first week of September. My husband had just gotten the hang of backing in with our old vehicle. Neither one of us are sure how much of a difference it’s going to make with backing in. The turning radius is different, so I think that will factor in. I think he is planning to go find a big empty parking lot and practicing a bit before we go.

il_794xN.1899982011_j0y2.jpg

Practice backing is never a bad idea. Although if you get backed in on the first try it does cut down on the campground entertainment.
When we went from our one ton to the HDT, I had to make adjustments to backing as the new truck has a better turning radius than the one ton.

Practice backing is never a bad idea. Although if you get backed in on the first try it does cut down on the campground entertainment.
When we went from our one ton to the HDT, I had to make adjustments to backing as the new truck has a better turning radius than the one ton.
😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter