Overrated TV Series

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
that you WATCHED ?

1. Sopranos - ok very cool, a first series dealing with a crime family, but really, such little action, they had a few, but most stuff just never materialized , and you add on to it the worse ending ever

2. Game of Thrones - blah, blah , blah , come on now, dragons and stuff, would be incredible if I was only 13 again

Westworld. I kept hearing how good this show was, that it was amazing and totally addicting. I tried, but I just could not get into it. I was bored and found myself doing other things like checking email. The premise was interesting, but just didn't grab me like I thought it would.

Westworld. I kept hearing how good this show was, that it was amazing and totally addicting. I tried, but I just could not get into it. I was bored and found myself doing other things like checking email. The premise was interesting, but just didn't grab me like I thought it would.

Ahh, when your reading your hone, the series has got to pick it up

Haven't found any I like since Dexter ended. Now I watching shows or live PD.

So I'll go with all of them

Scandal. By Season 3 I literally loathed every single character, but persisted in hate-watching it to the end. I feel similarly about This is Us; not sure if I'll bother with it this fall. :crazy2:

1. The Big Bang Theory. The characters are so annoying and make me uncomfortable.
2. How I Met Your Mother - I think every real-life architect hates this show because Ted Mosby is an absolutely absurd and inaccurate representation of an architect.
3. Breaking Bad. It took me a long time to even get into it because none of the characters are likable imo. They're all jerks, but not in an amusing way, and it was really hard for me to empathize..... I did, however, enjoy the spin-off Better Call Saul. Jimmy is an interesting and relatable character.

Scandal. By Season 3 I literally loathed every single character, but persisted in hate-watching it to the end. I feel similarly about This is Us; not sure if I'll bother with it this fall. :crazy2:

YES to both of these. I stuck with scandal also bc I wanted to see where it ended but I don’t think I can stand another season of this is us.

I want to add Modern Family to the list. It stopped being funny years ago.

Haven't found any I like since Dexter ended. Now I watching shows or live PD.

So I'll go with all of them

I like PD also

1. The Big Bang Theory. The characters are so annoying and make me uncomfortable.
2. How I Met Your Mother - I think every real-life architect hates this show because Ted Mosby is an absolutely absurd and inaccurate representation of an architect.
3. Breaking Bad. It took me a long time to even get into it because none of the characters are likable imo. They're all jerks, but not in an amusing way, and it was really hard for me to empathize..... I did, however, enjoy the spin-off Better Call Saul. Jimmy is an interesting and relatable character.

the laugh track alone makes me mad at big bang, and agree also with other two

Hill Street Blues. I was OK but not sure why it was considered that groundbreaking.

that you WATCHED ?
I think we’re gonna have to fight now. Hugs and kisses:)
1. Sopranos - ok very cool, a first series dealing with a crime family, but really, such little action, they had a few, but most stuff just never materialized , and you add on to it the worse ending ever

2. Game of Thrones - blah, blah , blah , come on now, dragons and stuff, would be incredible if I was only 13 again

Hill Street Blues. I was OK but not sure why it was considered that groundbreaking.
I think it matters what you are comparing it to. If you're comparing it to television series today, then sure it wasn't groundbreaking. But if you're comparing it to the best long-running successful television series of the years before it premiered (Rockford Files, Police Story, Marcus Welby) then it was quite groundbreaking. Stories didn't begin at the beginning of episodes and end at the end of the same episode. Few dramatic series did that previous, and none of the long-running successful series did so. The type of cinematography is something we see quite often today, as one of many modern tools in the cinematographer's toolbox, but was different from that of the long-running successful television series that preceded it. Prior to Hill Street Blues, it was very unusual to craft television series that had to be watched serially. The maxim was that each episode had to stand on its own; viewers were to be expected to be able to join the series at any point and not suffer from having missed prior episodes. Hill Street Blues, by its success, helped dislodge that limitation. It made television into a long-form dramatic medium, where before that it was strictly a short-form medium.

Tentatively booked a 10,000 day trip staying just offsite, beginning in November.

:laughing: Retiring near the mouse?

Overrated TV Series...that you WATCHED ?

I guess I'll say Walking Dead. I didn't watch all of it, but I binged-watched a few seasons with DS. (Then he got mad that a character he liked was killed off, and we stopped watching.) It was good at the beginning, but kind of lost me when it became people vs. people instead of people vs. zombies.

Friends

I watched it and liked it but people, it’s been off the air forever, it’s time to stop idolizing it. Plus, with today’s eyes, there are some troublesome storylines and plot points.

I think it matters what you are comparing it to. If you're comparing it to television series today, then sure it wasn't groundbreaking. But if you're comparing it to the best long-running successful television series of the years before it premiered (Rockford Files, Police Story, Marcus Welby) then it was quite groundbreaking. Stories didn't begin at the beginning of episodes and end at the end of the same episode. Few dramatic series did that previous, and none of the long-running successful series did so. The type of cinematography is something we see quite often today, as one of many modern tools in the cinematographer's toolbox, but was different from that of the long-running successful television series that preceded it. Prior to Hill Street Blues, it was very unusual to craft television series that had to be watched serially. The maxim was that each episode had to stand on its own; viewers were to be expected to be able to join the series at any point and not suffer from having missed prior episodes. Hill Street Blues, by its success, helped dislodge that limitation. It made television into a long-form dramatic medium, where before that it was strictly a short-form medium.
Dallas?

that you WATCHED ?

Game of Thrones is for 13 year olds? You said in the OP it was shows you actually watched. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!