Over the river and through the woods to Mickey's house we go: The Remix

Hi Lisa!

Yippee for your pre-trip report! I just love following your family adventures around my favorite place! We will not be able to take a trip this year, (getting a job is still pretty difficult here in Michigan and DH has been unemployed for 7 weeks :sad2: ) so I am just thrilled to get to "virtually" go with you. :thumbsup2 Keep up good reporting!

Hi Lisa,
like you, we always drop our stuff off in our room and head out the door! and we ALWAYS go to the Magic Kingdom on our first day

Growing up, all my family trips were driving trips. My dad could get us to Disney in 2 days...the 1st day we would drive from MA to somewhere in NC (Rocky Mountain maybe??) then we would be at Disney the next day around lunch....I guess the fact that we would be on the road at 5am helped!!
I have such great memories of our drives to Disney :)

It sounds like you guys will have quite the adventure just getting to WDW :thumbsup2 Sometimes I wish we could drive down...but it would probably take 3 days at a decent pace, and those are 3 valuable Disney days :laughing:

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans...

Looks like our dates are overlapping again, but unlike last year we won't be at CBR. We booked the Swan this year, it's our second stay there. We loved it back in 2008. The Epcot area is awesome and for half the price of a Disney Epcot resort-i'll take it!!!

We arrive Sat May 28 and leave Sat June 4.:banana:

I'm here finally. No excuse for not replying on your TR other than its been crazy around here. I don't think our December trip is going to happen unless free dining is available. Waiting and hoping:sad1:

l love your trip reports Lisa. I am glad you have starting one for your next trip. You have a great sense of humor. I too believe strongly in family vacations...with my kids as they grew up and now with my grandsons. We have been to WDW 14 times and are planning again for Feb 2012. I have a PTR started..."No men Allowed...." Please check it out and give me some pointers as it is my first trip report.

Thank you so much for the compliments. I love family vacations and am just itching for the days to pass so we can leave for this one.

Once I get going I do not like stopping so I have to force myself! And I am like you upon arrival....drop the bags and go-go-go! I am at Disney World after all!! I do not want ANY grass to grow under my feet!! :goodvibes

It is so hard for me not to hit the pavement running once we arrive at the resort. I feel like I want to cram in as much as I can since we won't be back for an entire year.

Bluto- but let me tell you, I now have such an awesome mental picture of your boss that you don't even need to post a photo!! :rotfl:

I love your photos from your "driving" and arrival days. I am the same way you are- I just want to put everything in the room & go right out to a park or DtD.

I'm glad that you can mentally picture my boss in your mind now. The only difference between Bluto and my boss is my boss wears basketball shorts and t-shirts every day (with the exception of days he has court, of course).

I highly recommend the online check in. We did it in Feb. and you still meet with a CM but your packet is all done. We got all opur requests. Our room was not ready but my daughter's was and the CM said " I can't give you your room number yet but it ends in 01 and is next to your daughter". We went to her room and the mouskeepers wer in my room and I told them that was going to my room and they said they were almost done and they left 2 towel animals. That day waas my birthday and when we got back to the romm there was a Disney gift from my college roomate and a card from Disney with pictures etc. Nice surprises on my first day in my favorite place. It was my 65th and we had dinner at Chef Mickey's and Minnie sang to me. Fun fun fun!!!!

I may reconsider doing online check-in. We have done it the last two years and were pleased when we didn't have a long wait.

How sweet of your college roommate to send you a gift!

I remember your rainy drive last year! And did we already discuss that fact that Hunter and Isaiah are only 5 days apart in age? Isaiah's 14th is on May 29th!

Like you...I'm ready to go, go, go as soon as we arrive. NO time to waste people...we are on VACATION!!! :cool1:

I think we did talk about the two boys being just 5 days apart in age. I can't believe they have grown up so quickly!

Same here. We should arive around noon or 1:00 and I know at least my aunt it going to want to rest, but I'm going to one of the parks. :)

I'll have to make myself slow down for Mama's sake. If it were up to me, I'd be doing something within 5 minutes of throwing our stuff in the room.

Hi Lisa!

Yippee for your pre-trip report! I just love following your family adventures around my favorite place! We will not be able to take a trip this year, (getting a job is still pretty difficult here in Michigan and DH has been unemployed for 7 weeks :sad2: ) so I am just thrilled to get to "virtually" go with you. :thumbsup2 Keep up good reporting!

Welcome! I'm sorry that you won't be going on a trip this year. Hopefully your husband will find a job soon.

Yay, I'm here! Congrats your upcoming trip! Can't wait to read all about it.

Hey! Glad to have you along! I should have another installment posted today or tomorrow. Hope your Lasiks surgery goes well!

Hi Lisa,
like you, we always drop our stuff off in our room and head out the door! and we ALWAYS go to the Magic Kingdom on our first day

Growing up, all my family trips were driving trips. My dad could get us to Disney in 2 days...the 1st day we would drive from MA to somewhere in NC (Rocky Mountain maybe??) then we would be at Disney the next day around lunch....I guess the fact that we would be on the road at 5am helped!!
I have such great memories of our drives to Disney :)

As long as I am doing something around the resort, I'll be fine not going to a park. But, I simply must walk around at take pictures, at least.

Isn't it wonderful to have family road trip memories!

It sounds like you guys will have quite the adventure just getting to WDW :thumbsup2 Sometimes I wish we could drive down...but it would probably take 3 days at a decent pace, and those are 3 valuable Disney days :laughing:

Holy smokes! I wouldn't want three days driving! Like you said, that's 3 days you could be spending in Disney!

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans...

Looks like our dates are overlapping again, but unlike last year we won't be at CBR. We booked the Swan this year, it's our second stay there. We loved it back in 2008. The Epcot area is awesome and for half the price of a Disney Epcot resort-i'll take it!!!

We arrive Sat May 28 and leave Sat June 4.:banana:

Oooh, I haven't seen any trip reports where the Disers stayed at the Swan. I sure hope you'll be doing a trip report so I can see pictures.

If you see us anywhere in the parks, be sure and stop us.

I'm here finally. No excuse for not replying on your TR other than its been crazy around here. I don't think our December trip is going to happen unless free dining is available. Waiting and hoping:sad1:

Welcome! You don't need any excuses as long as you are here. Have you been watching the free dining threads? I know there are rumors floating around that free dining is going to be announced soon.

I know what you mean that you just want to do something when you arrive. Dh wants to take a nap River and I are just going non-stop all around the resort. Its just to exciting to sit still!

We're getting so close now I have ants in my pants!

I'm late, but I'm here! :yay:

10 wonderful Disney days!!! :cloud9: I just love the pictures of CBR that you post too---it's such a beautiful resort.

I look forward to hearing more about your plans!

Hey! Lisa
hope things are going well on your end of the state! I cannot believe that your trip is in 26 days.... I would do on-line check in and call in with your request of ground floor for your mom the week before. I called the resort directly (was connected to the front desk-I thought was strange, but hey!) and let them know your concerns for your mom; worked for us last year. Seems to be how I keep getting a king with Ashton in our room.

Have a good day! and hope you guys are not getting slammed too bad with the weather :sunny:

Have you been watching the free dining threads? I know there are rumors floating around that free dining is going to be announced soon.

I can't seem to find the free dining threads. I have found the rumors thread but no free dining. Could you point me in the right direction?

You leave so soon! So far the plans sound great! So jealous you get to spend 10 days in Disney!

I can't seem to find the free dining threads. I have found the rumors thread but no free dining. Could you point me in the right direction?

Free Dinning for end of Aug.-Sept came out today for Disney Visa rumor is come out for General Public May 2.

my email stated that it will be out may 2 for the general public.

micandminforever- Free Dinning for end of Aug.-Sept came out today for Disney Visa rumor is come out for General Public May 2.
Thank you both for the info but we are wanting to go in December and are hoping the free dining gets extended past September.

Hi Lisa! Just checking in on you, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter