Oval Stickers **UPDATE**

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
Since "For Sale" posts are not allowed on the site, the Oval Sticker threads have been removed.

Individuals are welcome to order stickers themselves from the autostickers.com site mentioned, but we are unable to allow orders to be taken on the boards here.

Thanks!

--WebmasterDoc:(

Hey Doc... if we were to take this off the boards and handle it all in email.... would that be okay??

So maybe if those who would be interested in creating a email loop for the disscussion of vehicle enhancements could sign up here???? <grin>

Hey Doc,
Did I miss something? I thought this was just a bunch of Dis'ers who were trying to work together to purchase something. Who was trying to sell something?

If I missed an inappropriate post, sorry for the inconvenience.

I agree with the maniac

I think you're being a bit of a stickler here Doc. Nothing was for sale, just good intentioned cooperation on a mutually beneficial, not-for-profit project.

You do a great and much appreciated job otherwise Doc!

Nothing was for sale, just good intentioned cooperation on a mutually beneficial, not-for-profit project.

Unless they're being offered for FREE it's a for sale post and is not allowed. I saw no mention of the word FREE in any of the posts. Perhaps I missed it.

If you are offering them for FREE to all members , please repost! ;)

I was a little confused on this point at first too, but then thought about it, and agree with Doc.

While this was intended to be a non-profit motive for DVC members to pool their resources (money) to get a special sticker, it would still involve a financial transaction with a 'commercial vendor', and that's what makes it a 'For Sale' post which is in violation of the rules for this board.

Basically it'd be the same as if some DVC member paid money up front to get stickers made, and then posted to sell this inventory to other members. That would be an obvious 'for sale' post. The only difference here was that in the first case, the money 'committment' was to be made 'up front', prior to the order for the stickers to be placed.

So the statement that nothing was for sale is incorrect.

I personally think Doc does an excellent job of moderating these boards. He saw something that I, and probably many others. didn't see at first, and I agree that he's correct.

sheesh!

How come the rules are so rigid?

All the maniac and I were trying to say is that there was clearly no intent to sell anything or make profit and that maybe the rules could be bent a little in this case.

I know that if you let one thing like this slip thru, that others might try to disguise a for profit thread as a group effort, and I'm sure that's what Doc is trying to prevent, but I think this case was pure spontaneity and joy of being a DVCer.

As always, I'll say that I hugely appreciate Doc's tireless efforts on our behalf...thank you Doc!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter