Outside Photographer with No Disney Experience?

CMA21

DisBride 2013
I was wondering if anyone has used or is planning to use a Photographer for a WDW wedding that hadn't actually shot a Disney Wedding before. We might be considering using a photographer who knows Disney, but hasn't photographed there before.

So I'm wondering if they'll know how to handle the chaos and location changes of the day, without getting lost or missing anything.

Also, if by going with a photographer without Disney wedding experience if you get more unique and different pictures, then some of the photographers who do alot of Disney weddings and kind of always go to the same locations.

Basically I'm looking for any advice or experiences about going with a photographer who never photographed at Disney before...any help is appreciated!! :goodvibes

Our photographers had never shot a Disney wedding before ours, and our photos turned out great! I really think any wedding photographer worth her salt should have no trouble shooting in a new environment—and really, unless a photographer shoots exclusively in a small town, she probably tackles numerous new venues every a year.

Disney weddings are no more chaotic than any other (and some would argue they are much less chaotic because you have a team of coordinators and assistants helping to pull them off), so I wouldn't worry about that. While it is true that a photographer who is familiar with Disney might have more go-to locations for good shots, a versatile newbie should be able to spot these or find new ones. I always like to see someone with a fresh take on Disney weddings! :thumbsup2

Our photographer had only shot one Disney wedding before ours, and it was a while ago when they still allowed outside photogs inside for park weddings. He did an amazing job, and we are completely in love with our photos even to this day! He definitely provided a new style with photos and locations I had never seen before. I think that's a great benefit of outside photographers with no/little Disney experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter