Outside 7 month window

kcdisneymom

Bought DVC 2002
I have always booked in 7 month window but this time I need a 1 bdrm before a cruise at CCV next June. Can you waitlist something like that or would I need to transfer/rent points from a CCV owner?

You cannot waitlist it, unless you own at CCV. June is in the 7 to 11 month window. Since a waitlist would be 'filled' (theoretically) if it became available, you would need to have 'Home Resort Advantage.' So, I agree, book now at your home resort, then try to pick it up exactly at the 7 month date, or rent or transfer points from someone else who has CCV as their home resort.

You are looking for June, so the changes of getting it at the 7 month window probably won't be great. So, how much do you want it, and are you willing to pay cash for it?

Several elements will play in your favor here and you will likely have no trouble getting the room you need.

1- June is not high DVC season, as point costs are higher, and will not be in high demand.
2- You want a 1BR which is a booking category that tends book up well into the 7 month window in June because of the low “value” proposition (sleeps same as studio at more than twice the points in some cases - like CCV in mid-June)
3- There are likely to be a couple more declarations (if not the balance of held units) by then so there is likely to be increased availability.
4- This is between 4 and 6 months before the scheduled opening of SWGE and a lot of once-in-a-life-timers may wait until the next summer to make their trek to WDW (rental demand lower than once SWGE open).
5- The average temp in Central Florida in June is 218F/103 C (found on Wikipedia). Public buildings shut down and citizens are ordered to shelter in place as to avoid people’s faces melting off their heads, so a lot of sane DVCers (who’s points stop working above 85F) avoid walking around for six hours under the face-melting sun just to watch their Mickey bars vaporize before it reaches their lips.

So yeah, book your home resort, modify at 7-months. You should be* fine.

ETA: *Who knows if they suddenly announce a MM event during your stay (for all he reasons listed above) which would throw a wrench in your plans, so do book your home resort as a backup.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter