Outdoor paint that works great but isn't too expensive?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We need to repaint our wood fence once it warms up out there and I'm just wondering what brand of outdoor paint lasts long but isn't too expensive? we have A LOT of fence to paint so I know it will be costly. (It was painted 10 years ago by the previous owners). We also want to paint the old aluminum siding and shutters on the front of our house.
'

I just put a fence up on my property and wanted to paint it rather than have it turn the grey that wood fences turn as they age. I bought a 5 gallon can of stain at Home Depot for $120. Ouch. It covered only one length of the fence, I still had 2 lengths and the back sides.
I checked Home Depot every week and found (at 3 different times) 5 gallon containers that were returned for $20 each. One was a very light beige, one was light blue, almost white, and the other was navy blue. So my yard has a white length,a beige length and a light blue length but they are so light that they all look good together, and the neighbors have navy on their side.
They are happy since their trim is navy. 3 neighbors all with white houses and navy trim. And I saved $300.
I do notice that the returns for outdoor paint doesn't usually show up till the late spring into summer so if you can wait you will save lots of cash.

OfficeMax has the Kodak EasyShare 14 mg with 5x zoom for $59.99 with free shipping. I have the 8 mg and have been really happy with it. I paid more than that for mine and I had to wait in line on Black Friday.

We painted our house (aluminum siding) and fence last summer. We used weather screen fence paint from menards 5 gal for 85.00 and used weather screen paint for the siding. I think that was like 23.00 gl or 115.00 for 5 gl something like that. It has great coverage and has held up so far. Both have at least 15 yr guarantees. Happy painting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter