Our wonderful 8 day cruise out of Galveston on the Magic

Mojavetex

Earning My Ears
This was our first Disney Cruise. We have been on several cruises on another cruise line. Of course. Disney does everything in a most excellent way which is one reason we wanted to cruise on Disney. Thankfully Disney came to Galveston (we live in Texas) or we wouldn't have been able to cruise Disney. Time and money make Galveston very convienent for cruising. So sad Disney is leaving Galveston. :sad1:

Just a note about Galveston because I have read on here some remarks that made me sad. (I really am a happy person!). No, Galveston's water isn't a beautiful blue but it isn't polluted--just the way God made it.

Our cruise ports were Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral (Disney World) and Key West. Castaway Cay is the perfect beach--beautiful sand, beautiful water and food provided by Disney. Of course, we loved going to Disney World! We were traveling with our daughter, son-in-law, and 3 year old grandson and it was fun seeing him experiencing Disney World for the first time. We visited 3 parks--Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Disney World. I did a lot of research online and it worked out great. We just concentrated on doing things we all would love so had to skip some fun things. Next we went to Key West. We were there a short time so didn't do any excursions. Had time to do a little shopping and eat. Just when we were ready to leave a monsoon came. The streets were FULL of water. Luckily, where we were eating sold rain panchos. We had to stand in the rain to wait for the tram to take us to the ship. We docked at the Naval station and you can't walk to the ship. But we survived.

On board, the food was excellent! Try the beef wellington--it is amazing! And the servers do a fantastic job. Actually, everyone on the ship was great. We enjoyed the shows in the Walt Disney theater and also the movies in the Bueana Vista theaters. Villains Tonight is so funny. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Magic is in great condition. It's older but well taken care of. The space in the stateroom (6144) was a little tight. All right, I do overpack a little but there was just enough space for the 2 of us. Not enough space to store our suitcases. Love the split bathroom.

The sports bar, Diversions, is a little disappointing as a sports bar. All that is allowed is Disney channels which really limits what you can see. But that was the only disappointment on the cruise.

Have our next cruise booked next year. Not on Disney since they won't be here
:sad1:

I was on this same cruise and agree it was a magical time! :)

We were also on this cruise just down the hall from you in 6140.

We loved sailing from Galveston especially all the days at sea. Thought the whole process was simple and seamless from flying into Hobby, getting to the port and checking in.

Key West was an experience that we will never forget. 7" of rain in a few hours was wild! I think my shoes are still damp from the knee deep water.

This was our first Disney cruise and we are hooked. I thought the Magic was the perfect size ship and in great shape.

I would fly back to Galveston anytime for a Disney cruise!

We were on this cruise as well, Key West was definitely SOGGY! :goodvibes Glad to hear that you had a great time, we did too. :)

We planned to go on this cruise next spring. It sounds just perfect! But alas, they are leaving Galveston and there will no longer be a cruise just like this one :sad1: However, I am very happy that you all had a wonderful experience!

This was our first cruise too! Although my boys were pretty bad throughout the trip (seriously, who expects little boys to sit through 1.5 hour dinners???), we all had tons of fun and re-booked our next year's cruise on board! Of course, we'll have to sail out of PC next time, but now we know it'll be worth it. :)

BTW, our favorite show was the one with Peter Pan and Ann Marie (what was it called?). It was the best Disney show we've ever seen! And I agree that the Magic was just the right size ship. It was really easy to get to know CM's onboard. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter