Our WDW anniversary

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Today is the 7th anniversary of our first ever trip to WDW :)

I can remember the excitement and anticipation as we checked in for our Virgin flight, and I'll enjoy spending the next two weeks 're-living' the days we spent in Orlando in 1995. Awww, I've gone all sentimental just thinking about it...............

Hi Hilary,
Our first trip was about 12 years ago. We flew Continental to Miami (never again!) and then had to get a connector to Orlando. The flight was awful-the worst cabin crew we have ever encountered. No-one told us that the internal flights operate like buses and you just get on the next one. We thought we had confirmed places so we got to the desk and were told we'd have to wait but the luggage went off on time. The trouble was the wheelchair for DD went with it. When we were finally all reunited in Orlando it was late evening. We had to catch the bus to pick up the cars then drive back for the wheelchair. We were given 2 cars both with almost empty tanks and no maps. I don't know how many times we went up & down the Bee line trying to find petrol and Int Drive. We eventually found it at Beltz then set off to find the Quality Inn. No-one had told us there were 4 and of course ours was the last!
By the time we got to the rooms we all felt like bawling we were soooooooo tired!
Fortunately things picked up from there and we had a brilliant holiday-but as you say-The Memories!!!!!!!!
Carol:jester:

My first trip to WDW was September 19th (I think) 1998...and it rained buckets the whole first week thanks to Hurricane Georges :rolleyes: And can you say humid? Urgh! Fortunately, I still managed to have a good time and have never looked back :)

Penny :)

Okay, I'll confess our first trip wasn't all 100% Disney magic either!

We arrived at our hotel the first night and hated it:( We were so tired and deflated by then that we decided to stay put for the night and ask to be moved in the morning. We couldn't get hold of the Virgin rep in the morning, so it took us most of the first day to track down someone to help us. Eventually the Virgin rep from a different hotel came to our rescue, moved us to a hotel that we loved, and from that moment on things just got better and better.

Mind you, hearing your tales of your first trips, it does make you wonder why any of us bothered going back ;)

Wow, 7 years of WDW Hilary, can't be bad! ;)

Our first trip was in May 99 and it was just perfect from start to finish in WDW, just wish I could say the same for the flights! There I was expecting to have films with captions on, only to be told they didn't supply them on the Manchester flights! :rolleyes: At least on our return flight, we got an upgrade to Premium Economy which was lovely and spacious, but freezing!!! I was too cold to appreciate the comfort but it did help the kids sleep better ;)

Loved our stay in the Dolphin and can't wait to get there in December :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter