Our Stay at the Disneyland Hotel.................Day 4......................Final Day

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
Thursday 30 October

For our last morning we had once again decided to go into EMH first and then go back for breakfast and checking out of the hotel.
Today we were the first in the Park and on Main Street and were glad to see the Castle back in place.
Only Dtr in front of me....

100_0469.jpg

No-one behind

100_0468.jpg

We went for three goes straight away on Buzz and it was my turn to get a ’highest ever’ personal score of 315,700. :banana: Dtr went on Space Mountain and then we went on Pinocchio before we boarded a bus outside the Castle and travelled back down Main Street in style.

100_0471.jpg

100_0474.jpg

Dtr queued up for a photo with the Main Mouse

100_0481.jpg

and then we had breakfast in Inventions. Once again we had seats by the window with great views.

100_0483.jpg

We both tucked in and enjoyed our last breakfast - I had loads of banana bread and Dtr gorged on maple syrup and pancakes

100_0498.jpg

We stopped on the way to our room for a photo with Max

100_0480.jpg

Gepetto

100_0499.jpg

and Goofy

100_0500.jpg

Then we could put it off no longer - we had to go and finish off our packing and leave our room for the last time.

We went into the Studios and happened to notice Daisy just walking out of a side gate

100_0506.jpg

but it was very busy everywhere else and Dtr particularly wanted a photo of Winnie the Pooh in his Halloween costume so we went back to Disneyland Park to queue for that. It was quite pleasant at that time, queuing by Casey’s Corner, where we could see/hear the Villains show going on. It wasn’t cold so we were quite happy to queue - it took about 40 minutes in total.

100_0507.jpg

The chap in front lit up a cigarette, which was mildly annoying, but after a while he put it out and put it in his back pocket. About 5 minutes later the woman in the queue line next to ours leant over and said to him (in broad Birmingham accent) “S’cuse me, but your trousers are on fire!” And they were! The cigarette had obviously still been smouldering and he had to really slap himself on the backside to put it out properly and it had burnt a hole in his pocket as well. :rotfl2:

After seeing Pooh we went for our meal at the Silver Spur - I have reviewed that on the restaurant thread. We saw Stitch going by on his splatchmobile

100_0508.jpg

We decided to go to buy our photo with Pooh and then made our way to Casey Jr. Lots of characters were out and about but were actually on their way backstage, so I got a few photos but no autographs for Dtr.

100_0514.jpg

We queued a little while for Casey at it broke down with people on it. They got it sorted, though and we had our turn.

If you have been following our story, you will know that on each of the other days we had gone for a little rest after lunch, which meant we hadn’t been in the Park at the busiest time. This in turn meant that we had not used our DLH FPs, so we had 3 each to use. We had decided to save them for our last day, when we wouldn’t be able to go for our snooze.
We used the first on Peter Pan - queuing for about 5 minutes only. Next we went to BTM, Dtr went on and then we spent a little more money in the shop, where Dtr bought a CD. We had one FP left each which we used on Buzz.

It had started to drizzle now, but we had decided we wanted to see the Parade so we went to the spot opposite Pizzeria Bella Notte. We wondered after a while why nobody else was waiting, before it occurred to us we were an hour early!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

We went for a little further browsing round Sir Mickey’s, bought a hot chocolate each and then went back to wait. There are no photos of this, as it was raining quite a lot and I didn’t want to get the new camera wet. I did worry that they may cancel the parade but luckily it went ahead.

As soon as it passed us by we dashed down the Arcade, hoping to beat it down, but we ended up watching it again at the exit of Discovery Arcade. No matter - we weren‘t in too much of a hurry. But now it was time for the sad bit - collecting our luggage from the Hotel and looking round for one final goodbye.

The train home was on time…although we didn’t want to get it really……

100_0517.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Plane was on time, Husband was waiting in Arrivals for us, Son had kettle on at home. The journeys both ways had been as smooth as we’ve ever had.

Conclusion? I guess it probably came through in the report - we loved this Hotel and found it a most relaxing way to do Disney. I came home without the exhausted feeling that I normally have and I think that was due a lot to the proximity of the Hotel and the walking it saved, not to mention the ease of going back for a rest. If it is at all possible to stay there, I would say GO FOR IT!

What a fantastic report!

I can't believe your daughters Mickey hat has lasted so long.

Nooooo I can't believe its over!!!!!!
Loved the pic of your DD with Max - I've never seen him in the parks before :love: .

So, when can I expect the next trip report :rolleyes1 ??

Wonderful trip report, i am in need of finding the money now as i want to stay there too!!

BTW what is Banana Bread ????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Another lovely trip report, the DLH looks fab & the breakfast looks gorgeous. mmmm pancakes & maple syrup

Great report. It's great to see a new character about too - I have never seen Max before. The Disneyland Hotel sounds wonderful, I have just booked to go there for my 40th in January & I've loved reading your details & seeing photos of it. I love the photo of your daughter on the way home - just sums up that sad feeling when you're leaving the magic behind.

A fabulous trip report, really great fun to read and your photographs just portrayed the mood. Many thanks!

thank u soooooooooooo much!!
yes - i can imagine how fab it wud be at dlh..... and maybe one day we will get to stay there as i can imagine how lovely it will be!!

loved all the pics, and dtr looked like she had a fab time and def didnt want to go home!!!

and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm banana bread - make it here and its yummy!! (also make banana & choc chip bread ;) )

fantastic report. I cant wait to stay at DLH now when we go in February

aww fantastic!! Loved reading the report!!!

thank you xx

I'm so glad you bumped this Elaine as I'd missed it when I read the other days! :)

hildasmuriel ~ thanks for a lovely report and fabulous photos, as always. :goodvibes

I must've somehow missed this last day. I came searching for a Halloween report and found one which had made me even more determined to try and get there this year.
Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter