Our Royal Adventure: Nine Nifty Nights in November (Updated 6/4)

What a fun final day. :) It sounds like right before Thanksgiving is a good time to be there.

I love the teacups photos! Nothing like caturing the joy on your child's face!

Excellent use of a snack credit by your son!

I love Port Orleans Riverside. So beautiful!

The crowds don't appear that bad from your photos.

Haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo in some time. I think it's time to get back there!

What a fun final day. :) It sounds like right before Thanksgiving is a good time to be there.

I think the worst days of Thanksgiving week are Thursday-Saturday. We left Thursday morning, so I can't comment on that. But, if you have to go during a time when kids are out of school, we found this week to be very doable. For Tuesday and Wednesday, we definitely had a plan, and everything worked out well. Now that my kids are older, missing school is a bigger deal, and we will definitely consider coming around Thanksgiving again.

Some really great photos today. Sleepy little girl.

Thanks!

Thanksgiving morning came early! We had to be at the Magical Express stop by 7:00 for our 9:45AM flight. We had enough counter service credits left to grab breakfast at Riverside Mill before leaving. We were surprised to find out that not all options were available before 7:00, but we found enough to fill up before traveling.

We boarded the ME bus and sadly said good-by to Riverside. I loved this resort! My DS still says All-Star Sports is his favorite, but what do 12yo boys know!?! Although we were sad to leave, our morning flight allowed us to arrive in Nashville in time to head to my family's Thanksgiving meal. Flying on Thanksgiving Day was also a great choice because the airport wasn't crowded and flight costs were low (most people don't want to travel on the actual holiday).

We had such an amazing week! From the mommy/daughter time at the beginning to the family fun for the rest of the week, everything worked out wonderfully. I'm sorry to say we don't have definite plans to return any time soon, but we do have a DCL Western Caribbean cruise planned for this October, and I am working on a plan to even things out with my DS. He turns 13 in January, and I may surprise him with a mom/son weekend. We have always talked about doing 4 parks in one day, so we may do that on Saturday and then hit Universal on Sunday and Monday (MLK weekend). He is a Harry Potter fan, and we've never seen the Harry Potter sections at Universal. Because we can use my husband's points, we can fly free, so I am working on getting my DH on board with this plan. I think it would be a great surprise and a wonderful mom/son trip!

Thanks so much to all of you for reading! It was fun to relive our trip!

Thank you! I very much enjoyed reading about your trip!

Good luck with your new home and have a great time on your cruise!

Thanksgiving morning came early! We had to be at the Magical Express stop by 7:00 for our 9:45AM flight. We had enough counter service credits left to grab breakfast at Riverside Mill before leaving. We were surprised to find out that not all options were available before 7:00, but we found enough to fill up before traveling.

We boarded the ME bus and sadly said good-by to Riverside. I loved this resort! My DS still says All-Star Sports is his favorite, but what do 12yo boys know!?! Although we were sad to leave, our morning flight allowed us to arrive in Nashville in time to head to my family's Thanksgiving meal. Flying on Thanksgiving Day was also a great choice because the airport wasn't crowded and flight costs were low (most people don't want to travel on the actual holiday).

We had such an amazing week! From the mommy/daughter time at the beginning to the family fun for the rest of the week, everything worked out wonderfully. I'm sorry to say we don't have definite plans to return any time soon, but we do have a DCL Western Caribbean cruise planned for this October, and I am working on a plan to even things out with my DS. He turns 13 in January, and I may surprise him with a mom/son weekend. We have always talked about doing 4 parks in one day, so we may do that on Saturday and then hit Universal on Sunday and Monday (MLK weekend). He is a Harry Potter fan, and we've never seen the Harry Potter sections at Universal. Because we can use my husband's points, we can fly free, so I am working on getting my DH on board with this plan. I think it would be a great surprise and a wonderful mom/son trip!

Thanks so much to all of you for reading! It was fun to relive our trip!

I'm glad you had such a great trip! We loved Riverside too and would stay there again. I hope you are able to plan the mother/son trip for your son's birthday. :) I've enjoyed reading your TR. Thank you for sharing all of your experiences. :)

Thank you! I very much enjoyed reading about your trip!

Good luck with your new home and have a great time on your cruise!

I'm glad you had such a great trip! We loved Riverside too and would stay there again. I hope you are able to plan the mother/son trip for your son's birthday. :) I've enjoyed reading your TR. Thank you for sharing all of your experiences. :)

Thanks to both of you!

Great trip report..Thanks for sharing!

I would love to do a mother daughter trip one day, I just don't know how that would work.

Have a great cruise, good luck with the house build and enjoy your mother son trip if you do it.

LOL. The pic of him looking at the dessert is great.
I love the boats at Disney.
LOVE WGE. The meatloaf is the best.
I never heard of the brownie sandwich at EOS. I will have to look next time we go.
LOL. The pic on Splash Mountain is funny.
Too bad it didn’t work out for the AP’s.
I must try the HDDR one time.
Nice pics of Wishes.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was a great read.
I hope you and your son get to have the weekend. Universal is fun and love the Harry Potter section and cannot wait for the new area to open.
The cruise will be loads of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter