Our reviews of 12 sit-down restaurants + Poly Luau! (Part 2)

jabead

DIS Veteran
Here are our reviews for Whispering Canyon, Boma, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Beaches & Cream.

Whispering Canyon (lunch) - It rained all day long on the 4th day of our trip, so we decided to spend the day visiting some of our other favorite Disney resorts and eating at their restaurants, LOL!!! For lunch we went to Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. The lobby of the lodge was as beautiful as I had remembered and I had fun taking pics while we were waiting for them to ring the lunch bell. We had a very entertaining waitress, so our lunch was lots of fun. The food was good. I had the meatloaf, DH had the Cowpoke Pork Sandwich, DD the chicken quesadilla, and can't remember what DS had, but probably the chicken fingers. Whatever he had, he wasn't eating though so our waitress put him in jail, LOL!!! So I would say that this meal was as fun as (probably even more fun because we were not tired from being at the parks all day) the dinner we had had here on a previous trip. Although Whispering Canyon was a late addition to our dining plans, it was an enjoyable one and we'll probably return here on our next trip.

Boma (dinner buffet) - For dinner on our rainy day we went to another beautiful resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge. On a previous trip we had tried Jiko, so decided to try Boma this time. DH and I tried many of the different foods from the buffet and found several that we liked. DD tried several things before ending up at the kids' buffet table. Oh well, I give her credit for at least trying, LOL!!! We finally got to try the famous zebra domes and they were very good, as were all the desserts. This meal was good (but not great) and I'm very glad that we got to try it, but we will probably not be returning. It was quite expensive ($23.99 for adults), especially when you are paying that for a 13 yr. old that is eating from the kids' buffet table. If we do return,it would be to try the less expensive breakfast buffet.

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - We've eaten here a couple of times before for the character dinner, but never for lunch. Since we had always liked the turkey dinner that they serve for dinner and found that on their lunch menu, that is what we all ordered (except for DS who I think had a hot dog). I know we should have tried some of the other food that they offered on their lunch menu, but what can I say except that we were all really hungry for turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, etc. LOL!!! Anyway, our meal here was very good and more relaxing (and much less expensive) without the characters that are there at dinner. We will probably try this one again for lunch (and hopefully try something else besides the turkey dinner, LOL!).

Beaches & Cream (dinner) - By this time we had moved into the Beach Club Villas, which is where one of our family favorites is located - Beaches & Cream!!! DH and I both had burgers, fries, and vanilla cokes (our usual) and the kids had grilled cheese. We again had hopes of having dessert, but once again were too full. So of course we had to return the next afternoon for ice cream, LOL!!! Our whole family loves this place. Good food, great ice cream, and reasonable prices. This one will always be included in our dining plans.

Well, that's all for now. I'll save Prime Time Cafe, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, and Rainforest Cafe for Part 3.

Thanks for the great reviews. Can you describe zebra domes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter