Our quick trip to the Fort, I will admit, it was awesome!!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we were supposed to have a half day/full day at the Fort during this last trip but it seemed like we never were even going to make it over there because we were so tired, exhausted, ect from having the absolute best time in the parks, at SSR and so forth. So our last day we did TL, which was supposed to have been done on a Monday, but the weather was a bit cold so we did it on our last day.

So we were leaving TL around 4 and had just realized we would have to do the Fort next time. No problem for me, I just didn't really want to do the Fort anyways. But my husband said he wanted to kill a few more hours to beat the rush hour in Orlando, and we were staying over in more night in Cordele, Ga so no problem.

I got on MDE and seen a reservation for Trails End at like 5:15 so I snatched it for dinner. Oh my gosh, was my family so happy that I did. The best meal on property. My husband was beyond excited to be where he really fit in. It was a really nice place. Took us a bit to figure out where to go and all, but man it was awesome.

Does anyone have the recipe for the mac and cheese at Trail's End? LoL.

Does anyone have the recipe for the mac and cheese at Trail's End? LoL.

Not the mac and cheese, SL6827, but I do have the bread pudding recipe (and syrup sauce) they use at Trails End. But be advised: the recipes are written down in industrial terms: pounds of bread products, pounds of butter, etc... The TE kitchen was very willing to share their recipes but it was up to me to cut it down to a home kitchen recipe.

But yeah, the mac and cheese at TE is awesome. It's the one buffet I will pay for at WDW and it's very enjoyable.

Bama Ed

PS - I am also a fan of the TE Brunch.

Not the mac and cheese, SL6827, but I do have the bread pudding recipe (and syrup sauce) they use at Trails End. But be advised: the recipes are written down in industrial terms: pounds of bread products, pounds of butter, etc... The TE kitchen was very willing to share their recipes but it was up to me to cut it down to a home kitchen recipe.

But yeah, the mac and cheese at TE is awesome. It's the one buffet I will pay for at WDW and it's very enjoyable.

Bama Ed

PS - I am also a fan of the TE Brunch.
I am on a mission for that mac and cheese recipe. Bread pudding I will pass, but I have to have the mac and cheese!!!!! LoL.

Oh, and they charged us just the breakfast price at that.

It was so funny, my husband was like, these are my people. I was cracking up at him.

Dam it, now i have to make it a must do. Lol, was trying to only do the hoop de do review.

Next time I am at the Fort, I hope I can remember to ask for the Mac & Cheese recipe (industrial though it may be).

Here was the bread pudding recipe:

The Praline Sauce recipe I will hold back.

Bama Ed

Ahh,

The Fort pulls in another one. :-)

The place really is magical. Completely different from the rest of "the World". Tell your husband we are here for him, but be careful, you might just start RV shopping. If he starts using works like gray and black tanks, "5er" or "MH", it will all be downhill. :D

j

I got on MDE and seen a reservation for Trails End at like 5:15 so I snatched it for dinner. Oh my gosh, was my family so happy that I did. The best meal on property. My husband was beyond excited to be where he really fit in. It was a really nice place. Took us a bit to figure out where to go and all, but man it was awesome.

SHHHHHHHHH.........Don't let it out, then reservations will be harder to get. Best deal on Disney property.

Ahh,

The Fort pulls in another one. :-)

The place really is magical. Completely different from the rest of "the World". Tell your husband we are here for him, but be careful, you might just start RV shopping. If he starts using works like gray and black tanks, "5er" or "MH", it will all be downhill. :D

j
He has an RV. We will be at the campground this weekend in Alabama. We are having to repair the place after it was completely flooded out a month or so back. We got the RV out just in the of time. Barely. If we had not, the it would have been completely destroyed. He is an avid camper during the warmer weather. Lake Weiss Alabama. Me, not a fan at all, lol.

Ya, I will never dread the Fort again. It got me. We won't stay there, but will go there and enjoy it.

Ya, I will never dread the Fort again. It got me. We won't stay there, but will go there and enjoy it.

But if you want to really see what the fort is about and the people, join us in Oct 2020 for the Dis meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter