Our Nick Hotel Stay

tlinus

Forever a Proud Redhead
A few small issues, but other than that it was a good stay.

The kids LOVED the Nick Hotel. We stayed from 10-15 through 10-19. The pool was a huge hit with the kids and adults alike. We stayed a whole day at the pool on the 17th and my 2 older daughters and myself were picked for poolside games. I had to pie myself in the face......the girls are still laughing about that and Dh got it on video!

We had stayed here during construction/redecorating when it was the HIFS. The room layout was comfortable and we had a few small issues:
#1 - The fridge wasn't working (turns out it goes into a defrosting mode and shuts down after a certain period of time - I am not too sure why, but that is what the repair guy told me.)
#2 - Only had 1 trash can in the bathroom (when there should have been a larger one in the "kitchenette area".
#3 - We had a hole in the rug that was the size of a 50 cent piece. turns out it was from the old entertainment center - we had a built in flat screen tv in the room whereas they used to have a larger black wrought iron entertainment center there.
#4 - Hi Speed internet kept going out and had to be reset by the onsite IT guy 3 times.
#5 - Don't expect a fold out bed in the bunk bed rooms. They are doing away with that for some reason. We were not happy as that was going to be our son's (4 at the time) bed. We were not happy that our 11 year old had to sleep out in the living area alone, so I wound up sleeping out there.
#6 - We had no dvd player. I am pretty sure that they are advertised to be in the room, but we didn't have one. There was a PS2 in the kids room.

All in all we were there for sleeping and had no problem doing that. I might stay there again if we get a great rate like we had, but would like to try a family suite at the All Stars as well.

I would give it a 7 out of 10 stars.....it was all about the small details.

Just wondering, at check in did they ask you what theme you wanted?? I have two boys and don't want to get DOra!! :)

lovinpoohbear said:
Just wondering, at check in did they ask you what theme you wanted?? I have two boys and don't want to get DOra!! :)

Yes, at check in they tell you what they have available, or you can tell them what theme you would like. We had Danny Phantom.

I had heard they were switching to flat screen tvs which will open up the living room area quite a bit. I think that is a good idea. We had a trash can in every room when we were there both times. I think you could have asked housekeeping to send another one up. We had a problem with our fridge the first time we were there as well. They came and fixed it and then the next day they cleaned the mess off the rug. We could have changed rooms but I really didn't want to. We had spongebob the first time and then last time (I really am not going to pay more for paint on the wall) we had Fairly Oddparents. Both were great. Again, we have never used the bus service so I cannot comment on that. My DS slept on the pull out couch both times we were there and we never had a problem. There is a double lock on the door so nobody is going to get in or anything. We felt very safe when we were there and he enjoyed finally not having to share a room with his brother like home.

lovinpoohbear said:
You can also call ahead of time and make a request. They won't guarantee it, but at least it's in the system before you arrive.

Is the Playstation free to use ? Can you bring your own games to play on it ?
I have never been there before...going in June. Any other basic info. would be appreciated. How expensive is it to eat there? What are good sections to request in terms of location to food, pool etc. Thank you !

Thanks for the info. We've booked this for New Years Eve, and are really looking forward to it. When we booked through the Holiday Inn site, we were allowed to select a "Spongebob" themed room, but I didn't see that the other themes were specifically named in the reservation options.

TheresaNY said:
Is the Playstation free to use ? Can you bring your own games to play on it ?
I have never been there before...going in June. Any other basic info. would be appreciated. How expensive is it to eat there? What are good sections to request in terms of location to food, pool etc. Thank you !
The Playstation is free and you can bring your own games or rent them for $5.
They have fast food such as A & W and Subway and Pizza Hut and they also have buffet in which the kids eat free. We didn't eat much at the hotel; we ended up eating at the parks most of the time. We had a pool view location in the 700 building on the first floor, which was good, because we didn't have to go on the elevator, and opened our door and were right near the pool.
We went to the 2 different Nick at Nite shows, which the kids enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter