Our Mickey Mouse Penthouse Wedding (on a budget too!)6/24/12

tajmommy

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Where do I begin? Well, even before my husband and I decided to get married, I always wished I could get married at Disneyland. It holds such great memories from my childhood and stills does now that I am an adult. When we chose to get married at Disneyland, this site became an invaluable resource and that's why I want to share my story as well.

Our background info: My now hubby and I had been together forever. It was like we were married with three children but didn't have the official paperwork. It didn't mean anything to us until our daughter started asking why Mommy didn't have the same last name as the rest of the family. So we knew it was time.

I had checked Disney weddings a few years ago and only saw Escape Weddings held in Florida only. Then I was so surprised to find out that Disneyland was now offering them too, or at least advertising them now. I thought great, I can get a Disney wedding for 5K. That was the max I wanted to spend with a brand new school debt hanging over my head. But then you factor in things like the dresses, flowers, hair, make up, photography, etc. and it started creeping up to 10K. Even though my then boyfriend said the price didn't matter since he was paying, I just couldn't do it. I mean, I would call to get a price quote and once I mentioned wedding, the price went up triple. Then it just started getting complicated when planning the wedding that I just said forget, lets get married in Vegas in a suite. It will be quick, cheap, and kind of fun. Then an idea clicked in my head. Well, why not get married in a suite at Disneyland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!