Our Honeymoon Redo - Trip Report 11/14-11/20! Final Update 4/4/16

Well I'm glad that you listened to your bodies and got some extra rest in the morning and the evening. Sometimes that's the best part of a trip - the chance to just slow it down and enjoy being together. I look forward to the new version of the GMR anyways - any day at Disney is a good day! And looking forward to Sci-Fi - a milkshake is calling to me!

We did have to remind ourselves that was part of this trip....go at a slower pace, rest when we wanted and just enjoy the time together!

OMG I totally get this. It's so different when you get to just enjoy a meal...while it's still warm...and no cajoling the kids into eating or referee the fighting or listening to them whine for whatever reason...but the funny thing is...I find it's still so hard to get out of the habit of inhaling your food that I'm still done in 5 mins flat even when it's just us lol....

You are so right....I can't tell you how many times Keith told me to slow down while at a meal....actually taste the food we were eating!

I am loving your TR!! You guys are so cute! I love how this trip is a time for you both to reconnect, you guys act like newlyweds! Also I love your outfits! Your shirts especially - they are so cute!

This trip honestly came at such a great time for the 2 of us. We really needed this time together, and what better place then our favorite place in the world!

Thanks about the shirts...I got them at Torrid. I always struggled finding cute Disney shirts that were fluffy-girl friendly, then Torrid came out with their Disney Line. I knew I was in big trouble. I got 3 more new ones for this upcoming trip so I'm pretty set, but had to force myself to step away from the computer so I wouldn't buy anymore!! :)

Sorry your foot was hurting so much, but it happens, especially when walking so much. I've had issues walking around WDW a lot, knee, back, hip etc. Although this past trip I was ok, thank goodness.

I was hoping I would be ok, but as the week went on it definitely got worse. However, it wouldn't stop me for having fun!

All your meals look really yummy! I'm so glad you enjoyed Ohana! That bread pudding is special, isn't it?

I loved Ohana....it was my favorite meal of the trip.

And your ride pictures...I LOVE them, they should be in an album! You guys have the best expressions!

Keith and I still laugh over these pictures...so funny!

I'm glad your DH managed to catch the new scenes on Star Tours. We loved them and kept going back on to see them again!

I was happy he got to see it too, he was really excited about. I can't tell you how many times he has seen the new movie at this point! :)

Congrats on becoming AP holders! One day I'd like to do that when we plan on going down more than once a year!

I was so excited. Of course the plan was just to use it for the 2 trips (November and March), but there is starting be some talk about possibly going again in October! Nothing definite yet...just talk right now. :)

Those ride photos! They.Made.My.Day. Seriously. Thank you for sharing them, and your wonderful Disney trip, with us! Some day I would love to take an "adults only" WDW trip, but it is hard to imagine going anywhere without the kiddo. You are an inspiration. :)

Thanks for following along! We definitely had the guilts about this trip at times, but it really helped us to know we would be back with the kiddos in March. We also knew they were being well taken care of while we were gone. I don't regret a moment of this trip, and the time together was something we really needed.

I adore your ride pics :) They just make me smile and wish I was riding instead of working right now!!

So sorry your foot was giving you trouble. What a drag. WDW is a seriously athletic vacation! Glad you and your husband have been able to slow down and relax this trip. I don't have kids but even just on my own this is something I'm no good at. I just get too excited!! Someday I hope to be able to sleep in/take a nice night at the resort while at Disney. :)

LOVE this pic of you guys making "it's raining" faces. Too cute!

I adore your ride pics :) They just make me smile and wish I was riding instead of working right now!!

I know the feeling. We leave for our next trip in 18 days (but who is counting?), and I much rather be doing pretty much anything than working!! :(

So sorry your foot was giving you trouble. What a drag. WDW is a seriously athletic vacation! Glad you and your husband have been able to slow down and relax this trip. I don't have kids but even just on my own this is something I'm no good at. I just get too excited!! Someday I hope to be able to sleep in/take a nice night at the resort while at Disney. :)

LOVE this pic of you guys making "it's raining" faces. Too cute!

I really had to force myself to slow down this trip and take time to take it all in...I'm usually "go, go, go" until I collapse. However, the Hubby and I really made ourselves chill out too, because that never happens at home! :)

11/19/15 – Part I: Epcot

This day we were up bright and early because we had a pre-park opening ADR at Garden Grill. I was so excited about this!! I had not eaten at Garden Grill since I was a little girl, and Keith had never eaten here before. The main reason being because I don’t think he would enjoy the lunch/dinner menu too much, but when they added the breakfast option I knew we would be golden!

We were up super early and drove over to Epcot. Right away my foot was giving me a problem. We got checked in at the front gate and started making our way over to Garden Grill.

We did have to stop for a few minutes to call back home to make some arrangements with Keith’s brothers to go over to help my Mom with her car. Apparently, the day before she got a flat tire and they were going over to help her get that taken care of. So, once all those arrangements were made, we headed to Garden Grill.

https://flic.kr/p/EQzp9C

We settled up the bill, and I made my way over to Soarin’. Keith is not a big fan of this ride so he waited for me. The wait wasn’t long since the park had just opened….maybe 20 minutes. I knew this would be my last ride on Soarin’ for awhile since they had announced that they were closing it for refurbishment.

As I was walking up to Keith after the ride, he could see that I was limping pretty bad. I told him my foot was really starting to bother me. We decided to head over to Living with the Land which is one of our favorites. After the ride we started to head out of The Land.

We didn’t make it very far until Keith made me stop and sit down. He told me he was going to go get me a wheelchair. Of course me being my stubborn self, told him not to worry about and I could manage. I didn’t want him to have to push me around all day. :(

Well, my stubbornness did not work this time and off he went to get a wheelchair for me! He came back a bit later riding a ECV!! I could not believe it, I had told him it would be too much money but thankfully he ignored me (this time)!

https://flic.kr/p/Ekr5Yo
From there I spent a few minutes getting the hang of the ECV, I was so worried I was going to run into someone. We decided to head over to Finding Nemo. I found out I could ride the ECV through the line, let’s just say this was quite the adventure as I was still getting the hang of this thing and those turns every few feet were “fun” to maneuver. I felt bad for the folks behind us, but I just kept moving along. We rode Nemo which is always a cute ride. This ride really made me miss the kiddos, we were approaching the end of the trip and I was definitely missing them at this point. It really helped to know we would be back with them in just a few months.

After Nemo we decided to head out and go back for a rest at the resort since we had big plans for our last night! However, I had to ride one more thing before leaving!!

Oh, your poor pouty face! You look so sad on the ECV! I'm so glad you were able to get it to help you get around, though. What fun is vacation if you're just in pain? Isn't it good to have partners who know when to listen and when to ignore us? Mine is the same way. :love2:

Looks like you guys had lots of fun and some great food at the GG breakfast! My friends and I have a reservation there for April. I get a little shy with character meets, but what the heck...it's Disney! I'm also pretty excited for the food...especially that cinnamon roll bake thing. Looks amazing! Also, I'm pretty much down for Mickey waffles and tater tots 100% of the time. :cloud9:

That really is the dream, man. Maybe someday... :laughing:

Hahaha! In all my Buzz Lightyear ride photos ever, I am wearing some SUPER SERIOUS Game Face, too!

While I was there, the PeopleMover went down for a previously unannounced 3-day maintenance stint! I was SO SAD!!!

This is basically the entire theme of my TR for my trip a few weeks ago. :rotfl:

The value of a Disney nap simply cannot be overstated! It helps soooo much!
we are going in August I cant wait

Hi! I'm late joining in but your trip sounds great so far!

The castle is so beautiful! Loved your pictures of Ohana. I can't wait to try it when we're there in August. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Flame Tree, that's another one that I was looking forward to trying.
I really liked flame tree maybe it was because you were feeling ill

Oh, your poor pouty face! You look so sad on the ECV! I'm so glad you were able to get it to help you get around, though. What fun is vacation if you're just in pain? Isn't it good to have partners who know when to listen and when to ignore us? Mine is the same way. :love2:

I told him I was happy he didn't listen to me this one time! :)

Looks like you guys had lots of fun and some great food at the GG breakfast! My friends and I have a reservation there for April. I get a little shy with character meets, but what the heck...it's Disney! I'm also pretty excited for the food...especially that cinnamon roll bake thing. Looks amazing! Also, I'm pretty much down for Mickey waffles and tater tots 100% of the time. :cloud9:

The food was so good, but so much! We felt like we wasted so much food. The characters were great! I get a little shy with them as well when we don't have the kiddos, but it was fun and I'm glad we did it...they were so cute and sweet!

Breakfast looked great - it would take me all day to finish, though! Glad your foot got some rest - last night DH said he didn't want to do a lot of walking at Disney World when we go. :scared: I think he might be in for a surprise. Or a surprise scooter!

We took our time eating and enjoyed the meal, but we just got to a point we HAD to stop. Though my foot is doing much better now, I did take a look yesterday at places that would deliver a scooter should I need it, and I will make sure I have the money put aside just in case! I'm hoping I won't need it, but I always like to have a plan just in case. :)

1.) I didn't really like the Garden Grill dinner much, but thankfully my son shared his kid's platter with me :) I love the character interaction and revolving restaurant. I didn't think we'd ever eat there again until I just saw your breakfast photos. Now I've added it to our breakfast list for December!!

2.) Oh, your poor sad face :( Sometimes it's good when husbands ignore their wife's requests! I bet you felt better not having to limp around for miles!!

3.) I went to WDW with just my Mom in November and I didn't feel one bit bad about leaving my son at home....until we got there. Every time we did something fun, I would get weepy and feel like the worst mother for going without him!! Good thing he gets to go with us in December :)

1.) I didn't really like the Garden Grill dinner much, but thankfully my son shared his kid's platter with me :) I love the character interaction and revolving restaurant. I didn't think we'd ever eat there again until I just saw your breakfast photos. Now I've added it to our breakfast list for December!!

Keith is a pretty picky eater and the lunch/dinner menu did not look appealing to him. However, when they announced breakfast there I knew he could find something to eat out of the different selections.

2.) Oh, your poor sad face :( Sometimes it's good when husbands ignore their wife's requests! I bet you felt better not having to limp around for miles!!

My foot definitely felt better, I did struggle with the ECV but eventually got the hang of it. ;)

3.) I went to WDW with just my Mom in November and I didn't feel one bit bad about leaving my son at home....until we got there. Every time we did something fun, I would get weepy and feel like the worst mother for going without him!! Good thing he gets to go with us in December :)

I definitely had my moments where I felt guilty not having the kiddos with me, but overall the trip was great for me and Keith. :)

Your pics have me so excited! We booked GG for breakfast for our May trip. We've never been either since lunch/dinner menus didn't appeal to me.

Poor sad face ECV. But better to get that than be in constant pain!

I'm playing catch-up today!!! :D

Sooooo jelly! I can't want to pick mine up in October! So so so cool!

We made it through the line and we got the Cowboy Scene! Now onto the changes, I’m not a big fan of the recording and miss the interaction that took place with the CM. I’m glad they kept the main piece of that interaction with the CM. I did like the updates to the film at the end as well, but overall miss the old ride.
I'm on the fence about this. In theory I would rather have the CM live narrating. However, over the years I saw a lot of BAD narrators. Either just too soft-spoken or too droning or zero energy. Not to mention that since I usually take my ECV through this queue, I usually get put in the VERY LAST CAR. And even with their little microphone, it's very very hard to hear the CM back there sometimes.

24872093239_3176291478_c.jpg
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

YOU TWO ARE THE CUTEST, I SWEAR TO GOD. :rotfl2:

We only had to wait a few minutes before we were taken to our table. I don’t think Keith knew what we were in for because there were moments of complete shock on his face as the food kept coming out to the table!
HAHAHA! My aunt & uncle had a similar reaction when I took them to Ohana for dinner! :goodvibes

OMGGGGG! Get in my belly! (Just 6 months and change until I'm eating all of this deliciousness!) :bitelip:

I was worried how Keith would feel it just being the 2 of us and meeting characters, but he was a good sport and had fun!
Oh, I'm so so so glad to hear that he enjoyed it! I remember on your PTR you were real worried!

THANK YOU, KEITH! Ain't no shame in the ECV game, girl! I'm the posterchild for it! Like I've said before: If you needs it, you needs it! Ain't not sense in being miserable on your vacation! :thumbsup2

From there I spent a few minutes getting the hang of the ECV, I was so worried I was going to run into someone. We decided to head over to Finding Nemo. I found out I could ride the ECV through the line, let’s just say this was quite the adventure as I was still getting the hang of this thing and those turns every few feet were “fun” to maneuver.
BAHAHAHA! Yes, the Nemo queue is a TRIP to navigate on an ECV, even for a veteran driver like me! Grats on making it! :goodvibes

Your pics have me so excited! We booked GG for breakfast for our May trip. We've never been either since lunch/dinner menus didn't appeal to me.

Poor sad face ECV. But better to get that than be in constant pain!

We really enjoyed this meal, but it is A LOT of food!! The characters were great too! :)

I'm playing catch-up today!!! :D

YAY! Missed you!!

Sooooo jelly! I can't want to pick mine up in October! So so so cool!

It was so exciting!!! I NEVER thought I would have an AP! :)

I'm on the fence about this. In theory I would rather have the CM live narrating. However, over the years I saw a lot of BAD narrators. Either just too soft-spoken or too droning or zero energy. Not to mention that since I usually take my ECV through this queue, I usually get put in the VERY LAST CAR. And even with their little microphone, it's very very hard to hear the CM back there sometimes.

True. I just felt it took away from the personal touches, but the Narrator still does talk some just not the entire ride like before.

Don't hurt yourself laughing! LOL These crack me up every time I look at them! :)

YOU TWO ARE THE CUTEST, I SWEAR TO GOD. :rotfl2:

Thanks!

HAHAHA! My aunt & uncle had a similar reaction when I took them to Ohana for dinner! :goodvibes[\QUOTE]

Easily my favorite meal of the trip!

OMGGGGG! Get in my belly! (Just 6 months and change until I'm eating all of this deliciousness!) :bitelip:

Beyond yummy!!

Oh, I'm so so so glad to hear that he enjoyed it! I remember on your PTR you were real worried!

I was so relieved he enjoyed the characters.

THANK YOU, KEITH! Ain't no shame in the ECV game, girl! I'm the posterchild for it! Like I've said before: If you needs it, you needs it! Ain't not sense in being miserable on your vacation! :thumbsup2

You are right!! I definitely needed it!

BAHAHAHA! Yes, the Nemo queue is a TRIP to navigate on an ECV, even for a veteran driver like me! Grats on making it! :goodvibes

I guess you might as well dive in (lol..get it Nemo, dive in) and learn how to navigate by picking the hardest queue first!

Well, my goal was not reached. I did not finish this Trip Report prior to our Spring Break 2016 trip! WOMP, WOMP!

11/19/15 – Part 2 – MVMCP!!

After a bit of a rest back at the resort and a change into our Christmas Shirts we decided to head over to MK. I convinced Keith to the take the bus this time, and once we got to MK he asked why we had not been taking the bus the entire trip!! REALLY????? I had only tried to get him to ride the bus since we got there..UGH!

We arrived a little before the party actually started and made our way over to Tomorrowland.

We had not done one of my must do’s yet so I needed to rectify that….Carousel of Progress. This is just one of those attractions that is classic Disney and my trip does not feel complete unless I get to enjoy it.

From there we headed to Space Mountain. This is one of my favorites, but boy do my legs feel wonky when I get off that ride.

https://flic.kr/p/FWjC8L

Then it was off to help Buzz Lightyear. As you can see from the picture below…I gave up!!

https://flic.kr/p/FyuGDf

We started to make our way over to Frontierland for a ride on Thunder Mountain. When we got off the ride it started to rain. So stopped to buy these beauties.

We tried to wait out the rain a bit but it didn’t look like it was going to let up, so we wrapped up in our new purchases and headed to Pirates!

When we got off of Pirates we went over to the Mine Train to use our Fast Pass, but it was down so they let us know we could come back later and use our FP even during the party. At this time we decided to get our bands for MVMCP. We asked a CM where we could pick them up and they told us at the Emporium. We went all the way over there, and were told nope…had to go to Tomorrowland to get them. So, that is what we did.

Once we had our official MVMCP bands I suggested a ride on the PeopleMover since we were right there. I love the PeopleMover, but especially love it at night! We went around once, and asked the CM if we could stay on because there was not any line. He told us we could so we went around again. As we entered Space Mountain, I realized the lights were on and told Keith we were going to see Space Mountain!

It always amazes me what this ride really looks like!

We decided to see if Mine Train was back up and running and it was, so we used our FP. It was pretty crowded over in this area. I found a place to park the scooter and luckily the rain had stopped so we stashed out ponchos in the basic on the scooter.

After Mine Train we took a ride on Pooh because the line was pretty short. Once we hung out with Pooh and friends we wanted to head over to our ADR at BOG. We went to find my scooter and it was gone!! It also started raining again (and ponchos were in the scooter). We looked up and down where I had left the scooter. We asked one of the CM’s if any of the scooters had been moved to another location..nope. A CM came up to us and Keith explained we could not find the scooter. He then told to us that the Disney Scooters have a universal key and someone probably mistakenly grabbed our thinking it was theirs. We told him we were heading over to our ADR at BOG. He let us know he would have a CM deliver a new scooter over to BOG and it would be there when we got done eating. He also gave us a voucher for 2 new ponchos. He walked us over to BOG and let the CM know that a scooter would be delivered for us. The CM was so nice, she lead us in and got a chair for me to sit on while we wait for our table.

While waiting, I saw a CM drive in a scooter and start to look around. I asked her if she was looking for a Sandra…she said she was. I let her know that was me! :) She was so happy I found her because she was wondering how she was going to locate me in the restaurant. I signed the necessary paperwork and she gave us a voucher for popcorn…so sweet.

Shortly after that, we were called in and escorted to our table. We sat in the West Wing. I loved it in there!!!

https://flic.kr/p/F4mtyk

We both ordered the steak which was absolutely delicious!!! We had a great Waiter…he was training and he was wonderful!!! After our entrée we had some dessert. We were completely stuffed, but really enjoyed the dinner here. We could not wait to bring the kids back in the Spring, we knew Emma would love it!

We had a bit of trouble with my new scooter…some alarm kept going off but a couple CM’s came over and helped us out and we were on our way.

https://flic.kr/p/FSKQjZ
After BOG it was on our way to Haunted Mansion. While on Haunted Mansion the fireworks started, so when we came out we were able to watch from Frontierland. We then decided to take another ride on Splash Mountain.

https://flic.kr/p/FSKQjZ

Keith wanted another ride on Thunder Mountain, but I was pretty tired at this point and my foot was not feeling that great. So, I sat and waited for him while he took a ride.

After Thunder we headed back over to Tomorrowland via Fantasyland. We saw the standby line for Mine Train was only 30 minutes so we decided to ride it again.

https://flic.kr/p/FQrx5s

While he was riding Space Mountain and used our popcorn voucher. Instead of getting 2 popcorns, they let me get one souvenir Popcorn Tub. I was a happy girl!

It was at this time we decided it might be best for us to head out so we could miss the crowds leaving all at the same time, not to mention we had a long drive home the next day.

We said our good byes to the Magic Kingdom, but I wasn’t too sad because I knew we would be back in a few months with the kids! We returned my scooter, and Keith got a wheelchair to take me back out to the buses. We didn’t have to wait too long for our CSR bus.

We got back to CSR, packed our stuff and called it a night. We were on the road at a decent time the next day.

This trip was such a wonderful trip. It had some bumps just like every trip, but the time together for me and Keith was great!!! We absolutely missed the kids while we were gone but knew we would be back soon with them.

Thank you so much for following along on this Trip Report. I plan on starting my newest TR from our Spring 2016 trip soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter