Our Home Wedding/Disneymoon 9/05/09 Updated 8/6

livinlife25

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!
The plans- we are getting married on September 5, 2009. We are having an outdoor wedding ceremony at state park near our area. The reception will be in one of their halls there as well. The next day we will be leaving @ 4 from the airport and arriving in Orlando @ 7:30 i think. We are staying CL @ AKL for 6 days. We will be on the deluxe dining plan.

I thought I would break it down so new people don't have to go e searching for the posts. I hate that!

Bridesmaid dresses, Rings, Centerpieces

Our Advance Dining Reservations

Champagne flutes, server sets, weddng jewelery

Card Box

The dress

Placecards/Garters

Sign, Bouquet, Lemonade Stand, thank you parasol

Bridal Shower

It looks like a beautiful place to get married - hope you're not hiking the day of your wedding! :rotfl: You two look like a cute couple together!!

Congrats on starting your PJ and I'm looking forward to reading more!! :goodvibes

PS - check out Carolina's PJ (camera381) - she's getting married the same day as you! :thumbsup2

thanks! I'm hoping there wont be any hiking that day :) And the hill wont be brown lol.....it will hopefully be green and full of flowers!

That looks so pretty!!! I can't wait to hear all of the details and see lots more pics!!!

The dining plan is def a great idea - make your reservations as soon as you can - just because they can be really hard to get if you have specific dining times in mind.

Though Id drop in and give an update....

Here are my bridesmaid dresses *i think* i like them and they are inexpensive but no one has them in stock so the girls cant try them on....anyone have any opinoin on whether or not its okay to not try them on? They will be pink with a chocolate sash and I am having the sashes shortened bc they are too long for my taste.
bridesmaiddresses.jpg

Here is the ring-
CIMG0001.jpg

Centerpeices I made *from above*

CIMG0413.jpg

Side-
CIMG0415.jpg

The ring that goes around the vase-
CIMG0347.jpg

Heres part of the dress--couldnt find a good picture but ill try to take one when DF isnt home sometime
dreeses.jpg

Yay for another home wedding PJ! You and your DF make an adorable couple!!! I like the bridesmaid dress too!! I think you're fine to order without trying on. We did that when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding, and it was fine! Plus, an A line dress like that would look great on anybody! Can't wait to read more!

These are the final ADR's that were made today. I was very happy with what the IPO was able to get me :banana:

Arrival Day- Sunday night- Boma

Mon-
breakfast @ Main St. Bakery
lunch- @ Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner- Narcosses

Tue
breakfast- CL
lunch @50's Prime Time
dinner @ California Grill

wed
breakfast- in CL lounge
lunch- Earl of Sandwhich
dinner- Yachtsmen

thur
breakfast- Sunrise Safari
lunch- Yak n Yeti
dinner- Jiko

fri
breakfast @ Whispering Canyone

dinner @ Lecellier

Sat- departure day
breakfast- Boma
lunch- im not sure of this one.....may just wing it!

First of all your Ring is sooo pretty!

Now important stuff - get rid of Yak & Yeti! I have never ever read a good review and we HATED it when we were there. I think its by far the worst restaurant on disney property. If you don't believe me then go over and ask the restaurant board. I just would hate to see you be as disapointed as we were/are.

Also I LOVE the brown derby at the studios - I would say I prefer it to mama melroses and the 50's primetime. The only negative is that I think they require two meal plan tickets.

Earl of Sandwich is my all time favorite - great job! everything else looks good.

If you order the bridesmaid dresses are they returnable if they don't work?

Ive acftually seen several good reviews of Yak & Yeti.....its not sometihng im dying to do but we are on deluxe and i dont want to waste a table service on a counter and Tusker house sounds disgusting to me......All i really want to try is that wonton desert lol!!! I am very picky and looked at brown derby's menu and i couldnt find one thing i wanted to eat there lol!!! but thats just me :) thanks for the advice though! The lady said today on teh bridesmaid dresses we could send them back for a new size if they were wrong!

Thats great about the dresses - I would just order them then - I think they are really pretty.

Is the rainforest cafe part of the meal plan? Animal Kingdom has always been lacking in food choices compared to the other parks. We were at Yak & Yeti the first week it was open - maybe its improved since then. But my understanding from other posts here is that its not a disney owned or operated restaurant - so I don't think the quality control is the same.

No :( Rainforest is not on the dining plan!~ otherwise that would have been what I chose....Ill keep an eye on Yak n Yeti and Tusker house...see what ends up happening

yay!!! Just booked free dining, upgraded to deluxe dining and added another day of park tickets!!! We are now booked Sep 6-12 AKL Concierge, deluxe dining :) :) Im also thinking about doing MNSSHP but dont have much info on it

Unfortunately this morning I found out that one of my bridesmaids has cancer :( Right now it is looking like it will be easy to treat and a good outcome but it still came as a total shock. Very unexpected......

Unfortunately this morning I found out that one of my bridesmaids has cancer :( Right now it is looking like it will be easy to treat and a good outcome but it still came as a total shock. Very unexpected......

I'm really sorry to hear that. :sad2: Sending a ton of :goodvibes and pixiedust:to her to get her through this!!

Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry to hear that.:sad1: I hope that her treatment goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!