Our first UO visit with our kids and my first since the late 90s.

Brett Wyman

Legacy Guest
While Wizarding world is of course amazing, the Jurassic area is pretty good, and the Marvel land is holding on(mostly because of Disney MCU and some great classic rides)....THATS KINDA IT! All of the other areas feel so empty and dead. The toon lagoon area in particular was just so so sad. Does anyone alive under 40 even know who these characters are? I know all of UOs cash is going to the third gate, but they have some serious work to do in these parks once thats done (hopefully sooner).

1. Toon Lagoon needs to be 100% torn down. Bring in a Dreamworks area. Kids love Dreamworks. Having Dreamworks shoved in the very very back corner of Universal is a waste.
2. Can they brighten the screens on the older rides? The Simpsons area is pretty awesome but the ride screen is so so dim.
3. Make the Studios entrance more cohesive. Minions, Mummy and Transformers are good rides(Sorry Jimmy Fallon) surrounded by empty streets and square buildings(yeah I know all about the studio park fads of the 90s, it doesn't mean you cant fix it.)
4. Tear down the sad sad remnants of the Lost Continent and expand Hogsmead
5. City Walk is like the dirt mall compared to Disney Springs. Not sure if there is any hope there.
6. UPDATE JURASSIC RIVER ADVENTURE. Or for heaven sakes at least maintain it.
7. Minor pet peeve. Your refillable mugs cost too much BUT the in park refills are awesome.

So interesting to read others' impressions - thanks for posting. I actually have the opposite opinion on many of your points, but still enjoyed reading! :-) Hope you enjoyed your trip overall?

So interesting to read others' impressions - thanks for posting. I actually have the opposite opinion on many of your points, but still enjoyed reading! :-) Hope you enjoyed your trip overall?

When did yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter