Our First Summer Trip! 3 Canucks Tackle Orlando in August: A Trip Report (Complete!)

Gina, I really enjoyed reading your trip report. You've left me wanting a summer trip to Florida! I will be sooooo happy if my boys grow into young men who appreciate a good cross-border shipping trip like your son! Right now we plan all shopping trips by proximity to a good pool, and I dash around the shops while the boys swim!

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Aw, thanks! :goodvibes

My son was the same as your boys when he was younger.......family trips were definitely all about the swimming :thumbsup2 . He was about 11 or 12 when clothing and sportswear started to become important. I must admit I enjoy his affinity for shopping.....he is such a clone of my husband in every other way, and I'll never have a daughter, so I treasure this side of my athletic and rough-and-tumble boy :) . And I hope along the way I'm teaching him how to be fiscally responsible......he's a fantastic saver, has great money sense, and can seek out a deal as well as I can......which are all good life skills too.

The summer trip was definitely VERY different from our winter getaways. Equally as fun and amazing, but a totally different feel. I am so glad we have had a chance to experience both the summer and winter seasons in Orlando. We are super excited to be there for the Christmas season this year too :hyper: . Someday, I want to visit at Halloween as well......I love the pics of the Disney decorations in October!!!!

I love love your trip report ..... i am going to read it a second time to see what I have missed.. but I have a question for ... where you go to that orange juice type place. you mention a nike store

Following a very productive stop at the stand-alone Nike Factory Outlet Store

where is this place ..would love to know. thanks.

I love love your trip report ..... i am going to read it a second time to see what I have missed.. but I have a question for ... where you go to that orange juice type place. you mention a nike store

Following a very productive stop at the stand-alone Nike Factory Outlet Store

where is this place ..would love to know. thanks.

Hi there disneyred :wave2: ,

The orange store is called Eli's Orange World.....here is a link to their website:

http://www.orangeworld192.com/

The Nike Factory Outlet Store is very, very close by. Both are located on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee. The store doesn't have a website but I did find some information here:

https://foursquare.com/v/nike-factory-store/4bb20d75f964a520e7b43ce3

The two places are literally only 3 minutes apart by car :drive:....I Mapquested it for you, so let's see if this works:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=El...8nY-PYC3Ntg&oq=6149+w.+irlo+b&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

Some of the best deals of our trip were found as this Nike clearance store. DH got a gorgeous pair of size 15 Nike trainers for $25 (regularly +$100). My boys each picked up Nike Dri-Fit Florida Gators t-shirts for $8 (and DH's was a 3XL....they had a ton of harder-to-find sizes). Women's t-shirts were as low as $4.19 each. We have marked this outlet store as our FIRST stop on our December shopping trip.....because by the time we found this little gem, our suitcases were already bulging at the seams!! :rotfl:

Let me know if you have any other questions! And thanks so much for the kind comments on my trip report....I am so glad to have you share in our memories :goodvibes .

Hi Gina
Do you remember how much it was to eat at the Golden Corral? I'm looking for alternate ways to feed a family of 5 in Orlando, after doing the Disney Dining Plan for 5 years, I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to pay out of pocket (except during free dining of course).
thanks

Hi Gina
Do you remember how much it was to eat at the Golden Corral? I'm looking for alternate ways to feed a family of 5 in Orlando, after doing the Disney Dining Plan for 5 years, I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to pay out of pocket (except during free dining of course).
thanks

We used the coupons found here:

http://www.iloveorlando.com/documents/ILoveOrlando_SUM12_CouponBook_ForWeb-lowres.pdf

and paid $10.49 pp for dinner, and $7.29 pp for breakfast.

Breakfast includes your drinks in the buffet price, dinner does not (you can get water at no charge).

Loved your trip report. Roas rapids is by far my daughter and mine favorite attraction in Orlando. I enjoy the higher intensity rides but we spend hours floating there! You seem to eat in the same places we do, love Golden Corral and my daughter loves CiCi's, have to admit though that we walked into the huge McDonalds and my daughter wanted to leave because it was like Chuck-E-Cheese on steroids. Thanks again for the great trip report!

Loved your trip report! So many interesting "other" places!! :thumbsup2

Loved your trip report. Roas rapids is by far my daughter and mine favorite attraction in Orlando. I enjoy the higher intensity rides but we spend hours floating there! You seem to eat in the same places we do, love Golden Corral and my daughter loves CiCi's, have to admit though that we walked into the huge McDonalds and my daughter wanted to leave because it was like Chuck-E-Cheese on steroids. Thanks again for the great trip report!

Thank you both! :goodvibes

Just read your trip report from start to finish and really enjoyed it. We have alot of similarities...both from Canada and we both have one DS...mine will be 14 during our next vacation. He too loves sports...mainly hockey which he plays all the time. My ds has yet to have his growth spurt and is only 4'11''...so judging from your pictures that may be one difference :rotfl2:
Anyways just wanted to say thanks for your trip report. I got a lot of great ideas on what to do with a teen boy. We too will spend time shopping...i think teen boys are worse than the girls!
As get into planning I will be referring back to your trip report for ideas!
Thanks again!

Just read your trip report from start to finish and really enjoyed it. We have alot of similarities...both from Canada and we both have one DS...mine will be 14 during our next vacation. He too loves sports...mainly hockey which he plays all the time. My ds has yet to have his growth spurt and is only 4'11''...so judging from your pictures that may be one difference :rotfl2:
Anyways just wanted to say thanks for your trip report. I got a lot of great ideas on what to do with a teen boy. We too will spend time shopping...i think teen boys are worse than the girls!
As get into planning I will be referring back to your trip report for ideas!
Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the kind comments!!!

My DS was a hockey player for 9 years, then switched over to basketball as his new love. After all the years travelling around for hockey, I thought WOO HOO! A break!! Little did I know we'd be travelling around even more with basketball, I'd just be warmer :rotfl: . But its all good....I would much rather have him shooting hoops in the gym than hanging aimlessly around the neighbourhood.

I hope you have an awesome trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter