Our First October Trip - Pre-Trip Report - Trick or Treat Bags Done (04/10/09)

Morning Kenny--you are more than welcome :hug:.
So glad that i thought i would have a quick nosey for you :thumbsup2.
Well i am glad you have got Dine With Shamu sorted.
Sorry,i never got your last PM until just now-as i went to bed after your previous PM.The reason why i said to you to ask them how many people had booked the same day+time before you-will try to give you an idea of where you will be seated.'Apparantly' they assign you your table number when you ring,now this worked right for me-i was the first to ring and was given table number 1-centre poolside :thumbsup2.This has also worked out right for other disser's on here.This is how Seaworld decide where you will be sitting.
Did you manage to ask them-what did they say?.x.

Your plans look brill. Hope you get Dine with Shamu booked it's excellent

Morning Kenny--you are more than welcome :hug:.
So glad that i thought i would have a quick nosey for you :thumbsup2.
Well i am glad you have got Dine With Shamu sorted.
Sorry,i never got your last PM until just now-as i went to bed after your previous PM.The reason why i said to you to ask them how many people had booked the same day+time before you-will try to give you an idea of where you will be seated.'Apparantly' they assign you your table number when you ring,now this worked right for me-i was the first to ring and was given table number 1-centre poolside :thumbsup2.This has also worked out right for other disser's on here.This is how Seaworld decide where you will be sitting.
Did you manage to ask them-what did they say?.x.

I figured that that would be the reason for asking, so once the person on the phone confirmed that we would be seated front centre we were happy at that. As always with these things it is possible that we will turn up on the day and be sat at the back - but for now we are just happy that we got it booked. :thumbsup2

I figured that that would be the reason for asking, so once the person on the phone confirmed that we would be seated front centre we were happy at that. As always with these things it is possible that we will turn up on the day and be sat at the back - but for now we are just happy that we got it booked. :thumbsup2

Great news Kenny :cool1:.You will all have a fantastic time here,if money goes our way when we return in 2011 we are doing this again without a doubt.Make sure you have your camera's+camcorder's at the ready-they do tell you where to point them though so you can get a good shot :thumbsup2.x.

Just a quick update to say that as all of the travellers were at my house for a BBQ last night we took the opportunity to get the last of the ESTAs sorted out.
Everyone now has the authority to travel and the relevant forms have been printed off and filed in the large black leather Florida folder (doesn't everyone have one of these ;))
That's one more thing crossed off the list :thumbsup2

Sounds great! :thumbsup2

Have you got any pics of the villa that you are renting?

I have been thinking about Dine with Shamu but the only trouble was that the kids had no interest in Shamu on the last trip but went crazy for the Dolphins, I don't know if Shamu was too slow for them or what but it was very odd! Maybe I will play it by ear and try and book on the day if they seem interested.

Not long to go now!!!

Just catching up with this, sounds like you have a great trip planned Kenny. Looking at your sleeping arrangements in the run up I think you are going to have a few moments where you wake up and think "Where am I!" :rotfl:

Sounds great! :thumbsup2

Have you got any pics of the villa that you are renting?

Yes sure - this villa was SIL fave out of a shortlist of 3. We let her choose the villa as it is their first trip :)

Master
villamaster.jpg

2nd Master
villa2nd.jpg

3rd Master
villa3rd.jpg

Cars Twin
villacars.jpg

Twin
villatwin.jpg

Kitchen
villakitchen.jpg

Dining
villadining.jpg

Games Room
villagames.jpg

Living Room
villalr.jpg

Pool
villapool.jpg

Pool View
villapoolview.jpg

Lovely plans, your villa looks gorgeous too, nice to have all that extra room to chill in.

Just catching up with this, sounds like you have a great trip planned Kenny. Looking at your sleeping arrangements in the run up I think you are going to have a few moments where you wake up and think "Where am I!" :rotfl:

I am certain you are right. It takes me a few days to get back on track when I come back from the Middle East as it is. Throw in the excitement of the trip and another 5 hour time difference and my head is going to be all over the place.

WOW! That looks lovely! Nice back area too! :thumbsup2
We like the look of it and hopefully it will live up to expectations. Sis picked that one out of the others as her DS (5) is a Cars fan - so no prizes for guessing which bedroom he will be having. It's not as secluded as some of the other villas we have stayed in - but the view is good, and certainly beats looking straight into someone elses pool or back room.

Lovely plans, your villa looks gorgeous too, nice to have all that extra room to chill in.

Thats why we love villa holidays so much. I's nice to come back and have all that space and your own pool. I'm not saying we will never stay on-site but for now it suits our needs.

WOW that villa looks gorgeous :worship:,i would bagsy the Cars room :laughing:.x.

p.s.Yep i have a Florida folder :thumbsup2-although mine is a red book bag-like what the younger kids use for school now-a-days :laughing:,not as posh as yours.x.

Got a phone call yesterday from Grandma (my Mum).
Unfortunately she has twisted her knee - she doesn't remember how, just that she can hardly stand let alone walk. I went to see her and she had already been to the hospital and had had it x-rayed, resulting in a huge bandage all around her knee and strict instructions regarding rest.
We still have 8 weeks to go before we are off so hopefully that will be enough time for things to get better, but I told her that if things were still bad then she will have to make use of the ECVs that you can hire. ;)
I think that made her wish even more that things will be sorted by the time we go :thumbsup2

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Grandma. I hope that she can make a nice speedy recovery! :)

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Grandma. I hope that she can make a nice speedy recovery! :)

Thank you.
She is still a bit uncomfortable at the moment but we still have time to get things sorted.
On the up-side it looks like I may be coming home from the Middle East a couple of weeks early - so I won't have the dreaded '5 different beds on 5 different nights' to look forward to. :thumbsup2

Well we have finally got everything paid up and should expect to see some tickets popping through the letter box any day now.
We got an email from the villa owner yesterday with all the directions, (not that we needed them, when we were there in February we did a 'recce' and whilst we were sat outside the villa put it into our sat nav :thumbsup2), villa access code, wifi password - the usual stuff.
Grandma has been resting her knee a lot and things seem to be improving.
As I see it now the only thing we have left to buy are fast passes for HHN. Everytime I read something about this night someone says that they are a must - so we will fork out to make sure we get the most from the trip.

On a personal note I have recently been offered a job back in the UK :thumbsup2. I have been trying for the past year to get away from working out in the Middle East - without much succes due to the current climate - but have always maintained that it is better to be in work over here than out of work back home, however much I missed the family while away.
My new job is working on the oil rigs in the northern North Sea as a Training and Competency Coordinator, so I am really looking forward to all the challenges that that will bring.
As a result I am now coming home 2 weeks earlier than originally planned as I have to spend 1 week completing my offshore survival course (the one where they strap you into a helicoptor and drop you into a swimming pool - as a lover of thrill rides I am really looking forward to this one ;)), then I have to go offshore for a week for a bit of familiarization.
This should all finish nicely in time for us to go away for our holiday before coming back to start work proper.
Oh - and one more thing. We have decided that we have room for one more on our trip, so once Dizzy's passport arrives he will be set to go as well.
Who's Dizzy? I hear you ask. :confused3
More on that in another post. Watch this space :rolleyes1

Hello

Just been reading your Pre-trip and seen we are there at the same time ;D

Best time of year to go this will be the 3rd year in a row I have been for the same week you'll love it :D

all your plans sound great

Got a phone call yesterday from Grandma (my Mum).
Unfortunately she has twisted her knee - she doesn't remember how, just that she can hardly stand let alone walk. I went to see her and she had already been to the hospital and had had it x-rayed, resulting in a huge bandage all around her knee and strict instructions regarding rest.
We still have 8 weeks to go before we are off so hopefully that will be enough time for things to get better, but I told her that if things were still bad then she will have to make use of the ECVs that you can hire. ;)
I think that made her wish even more that things will be sorted by the time we go :thumbsup2

I don't know how i missed this update :confused3.So sorry to hear about 'Grandma' :hug:.My Nan had a knee replacement years ago that went wrong :sad2:,so 2 years ago she had another to rectify it+was'nt using her leg as well as she could have been so me+my Grandad would always threaten her with buying a electric scooter-that soon made her use her leg :laughing:.x.

Well we have finally got everything paid up and should expect to see some tickets popping through the letter box any day now.
We got an email from the villa owner yesterday with all the directions, (not that we needed them, when we were there in February we did a 'recce' and whilst we were sat outside the villa put it into our sat nav :thumbsup2), villa access code, wifi password - the usual stuff.
Grandma has been resting her knee a lot and things seem to be improving.
As I see it now the only thing we have left to buy are fast passes for HHN. Everytime I read something about this night someone says that they are a must - so we will fork out to make sure we get the most from the trip.

On a personal note I have recently been offered a job back in the UK :thumbsup2. I have been trying for the past year to get away from working out in the Middle East - without much succes due to the current climate - but have always maintained that it is better to be in work over here than out of work back home, however much I missed the family while away.
My new job is working on the oil rigs in the northern North Sea as a Training and Competency Coordinator, so I am really looking forward to all the challenges that that will bring.
As a result I am now coming home 2 weeks earlier than originally planned as I have to spend 1 week completing my offshore survival course (the one where they strap you into a helicoptor and drop you into a swimming pool - as a lover of thrill rides I am really looking forward to this one ;)), then I have to go offshore for a week for a bit of familiarization.
This should all finish nicely in time for us to go away for our holiday before coming back to start work proper.
Oh - and one more thing. We have decided that we have room for one more on our trip, so once Dizzy's passport arrives he will be set to go as well.
Who's Dizzy? I hear you ask. :confused3
More on that in another post. Watch this space :rolleyes1

It feels great and more 'real' when everything is paid up :cool1:.
Glad to hear that Grandma is on the mend :thumbsup2.

So glad to hear that you will be coming back home to work :banana: :yay:,ow fantastic for you+your family :woohoo:.Hope all goes well with your training :wizard:.

Dizzy :confused3,come on don't leave us wondering too long.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter