Our First Disney Cruise - Wonder 12/2 Finished 1/22

I am loving your trip report! We are going on the dream in April. As I look out my window at the massive blizzard we have going on right now I am reading your trip report dreaming of my cruise! Thanks so much for the Nassau info. I was debating whether or not to take mt daughter shopping and now I think I will!

We are going on the Dream in February. I can't wait but I am nervous since it is so new there aren't any reports on it. It will be like undiscovered territory.

We didn't have a blizzard like your area but we did get four inches of snow on Christmas Eve. Just enough to look pretty but not cause travel problems.

I'm loving this report! We were considering going on the 3 day wonder on Dec 9th, but then my DH had to have surgery so it was out. We are now planning at this point and time to hit WDW in March, but I still keep thinking, maybe we should do a 4 day Dream cruise. I can't make up my mind. We do have a 6 YO DD, and I think she would be happy either way. She was really excited about the cruise whne we talked about it before...and she really wants to go to a beach.

I was really worried that I wouldn't like a cruise, that there wouldn't be enough to do but there was always something to...actually probably too much to do because sometimes stuff conflicted and we had to pick what we wanted to do the most.

Your daughter would have a blast. Disney does so much to keep the kids entertained. I never once saw an unhappy kid. Plus there are so many character photo opportunities that I am sure your daughter would love.

Love your report and your witty writing style! Please please please write a report after your Dream cruise. I am very interseted in what you think of the new ship. Can't wait to check my kids into the club for a bit on the island so DH and I can check out Serenity Bay! Your pictures are awesome!

+1 on the great report! It's so fun to get such a different perspective. It's making me want to go on another cruise again soon since we had a completely different experience than you did! Oh, I wish I had the money to go again next week!

You are doing a tremendous job on the TR! I am really getting the itch to go, but have to wait till Nov 2011 :guilty:
Make sure you do a TR for your Feb trip on the Dream!

I'm loving this report! We were considering going on the 3 day wonder on Dec 9th, but then my DH had to have surgery so it was out. We are now planning at this point and time to hit WDW in March, but I still keep thinking, maybe we should do a 4 day Dream cruise. I can't make up my mind. We do have a 6 YO DD, and I think she would be happy either way. She was really excited about the cruise whne we talked about it before...and she really wants to go to a beach.

Let me just say we are a true Disney family... we go every year since our 11yr old DD was 3 months old. We went on one cruise, and have only one regret... we waited too many years to go because we thought kids would prefer WDW or DL. We could not have been more wrong. They would cruise every year I think if we gave them the choice. There is SO much for them to do... our 2 DD's both preferred hanging at the kid clubs more than with us. Your DD will love it if you go, no worries

You are doing a tremendous job on the TR! I am really getting the itch to go, but have to wait till Nov 2011 :guilty:
Make sure you do a TR for your Feb trip on the Dream!

Let me just say we are a true Disney family... we go every year since our 11yr old DD was 3 months old. We went on one cruise, and have only one regret... we waited too many years to go because we thought kids would prefer WDW or DL. We could not have been more wrong. They would cruise every year I think if we gave them the choice. There is SO much for them to do... our 2 DD's both preferred hanging at the kid clubs more than with us. Your DD will love it if you go, no worries

Thanks for your input!

We had a blast at the party. We were on deck ten leaning on the railing looking down at the party. We had great view of the show and the fireworks. But we did have a parade moment...you know when you have a really great spot because you got there early...so people come in at the last moment and think they deserve your great spot. Yeah that happened. I had to use my legs and elbows to keep my claim. I think I left bruises...that is what happens when you invade my personal space without the decency of buying me dinner first.

I love love love that you said this!! We were waiting for the Christmas parade for at least an hour. We had an amazing view and in comes this lady five minutes before the parade started. She asks my dad, "Can I just squeeze in here and sit in front of you?" I was so proud of him when he responded, "We have been waiting here for an hour, NO WAY!" Sorry people, but if you don't come early, you sit in the back!

So the night before at Bingo, we won a all day pass for the Rainforest Room at the Vista Spa. Everyone say "Jealous"...or actually save your breathe and don't :rotfl: cause unless you are spa people you won't be jealous and we learned we definitely aren't spa people.

When we got back to our cabin last night, we learned that the Vista Spa had also gifted us with a $30 coupon for a spa treatment. Cool...I thought. I looked at the list of services and called them up to book a pedicure and inquire on how the Rainforest Pass works.

So I called Vista Spa and learned for the Rainforest Pass we can just visit the room all day long without an appointment. The lady said just wear your swimsuits. Ok, sure not a problem since we were planning on stopping by after spending the day at Castaway Cay. So then I tried to make an appointment for a pedicure. The lady informed me the coupon doesn't cover a pedicure, just spa services. Oh silly me for thinking a pedicure was a spa service. So then I ask her, so what does the coupon cover? And she says again "Spa Services." So a salesperson she wasn't cause otherwise she would have went into detail on what services I could get but instead she just said "Spa Services." I said never mind, hung up, and promptly threw away the pointless $30 coupon.

So the next day after enjoying the majority of the day at Castaway Cay, we dropped off our beach bag in our cabin and headed to the Vista Spa. A cast member gave us a tour of the dressing rooms and the Rainforest Room. We then locked our stuff up in the dressing rooms, put robes on over the swimsuits, and headed to the Rainforest Room.

Picture135.jpg

I only took a picture of the dressing room. The Rainforest Room was always packed with people so I didn't feel comfortable taking a picture.

So the Rainforest Room consists of 4 stone chairs that are heated, 4 saunas, and 4 Rainforest Showers. 2 of the showers were broken while we were there. The chairs were occupied so we started by sitting in one of the saunas...for like...2 seconds. Yeah getting steamed like a crab just isn't my idea of fun.

What I really wanted to try was the showers cause I read several trip reports of people just raving about the showers. So we headed for the shower. DH held my robe while I took a shower. :3dglasses I would have loved for him to join me in the shower but I just don't think it would have been a Disney thing to do ;). The showers have 3 settings...I can't remember the exact names but something like Rainforest....Storm...Relaxing, blah blah blah. OMG, it was a shower, just a freakin shower. I felt so punked. And the worst part was the water was freezing. I prefer hot showers but either hot showers aren't relaxing or I didn't know how to work the darn dials.

So I lasted in the shower for 30 seconds. DH is patiently waiting for me with my robe but I ask him to go grab me a towel. So he leaves for a second and comes back with my towel...and a look on his face that was just :scared1:. He said "Are you done? I'm out of here." I was like yeah I am done lets go.

So I put on my robe and as we are leaving I notice two older women with towels wrapped around their bodies and no visible bathing suits. Hmmmm....interesting. I only noticed cause I am weird like that.

As soon as we get to the hallway, I am like what the heck is wrong to my DH. Well apparently as he was grabbing me a towel, one of the older ladies decided to climb up onto the rock warming chairs and totally flashed her nether regions to my hubby (by accident of course) but still my dh is forever scarred. I was like that can't be right, the cast members told us we had to wear our swimsuits but apparently someone forgot to tell the older ladies cause they were only wearing their birthday suits under their towels. :eek:

So yeah we only lasted five minutes at the spa...which the cast member at the front desk was kind enough to point out. I just played it cool and said "Oh we were just checking the place out, we will be back after dinner." NOT!!!

I am not trying to down the Vista Spa. It was a very nice Spa...everyone was super nice...but lounging around in a rock chair or sweating in a sauna is just not our thing. I would have loved a massage...and I did get one later...by my husband...not a stranger....just the way I like it. ;)

After the extremely short visit to the spa, we head back to the room and start to get a little sad. It is our last night on the ship. As I start to pack since we won't have time later (and bags have to be placed outside the door by ten), I decide to order room service. I picked the cheese plate and cookies. We loved the cheese plate but never got around to eating the cookies.

Picture145-1.jpg

Picture147-2.jpg

View of the sunset from our room.

So after we were done packing, we headed to our nightly show. Tonight was Disney Dreams, An Enchanted Classic. It was a good show but Toy Story was my favorite out of all the shows.

But of course we need some refreshment for the show.

Picture162.jpg

Picture175-1.jpg

Picture187-1.jpg

None of my pictures for the show turned out good cause all of the actors were constantly on the move. We enjoyed the show and then headed to Bingo.

Ahhh, Bingo...so much fun...but yet so depressing...so close...but not close enough. Jackpot Bingo was heartbreaking...I was one number away from winning. It was just down to me and a kid...and the kid walked away with $1000.:headache:

At this point, I doubt we play Bingo on the next trip....unless Jen is on the cruise...which is highly unlikely. We want to give pin trading on the ship a try. Pin trading always happened during the Bingo time so next cruise we are trying pin trading first. If the trading absolutely sucks (which I heard it does on the cruises) then we might give Bingo another shot. But next time DH will be the one standing waiting for the winning number to be called because my unlucky tush is staying parked.

After Bingo, we headed straight to dinner at Triton's. This was our first dinner there but the restaurant was very familiar to us since we had several breakfasts and a lunch at Triton's.

Our servers were awesome as usual. And of course the food was delicious.

Picture201.jpg

The cocktail sauce was very tasty.

Picture202.jpg

Escargot. This is my second time having the dish but DH's first. He didn't think he would like it but I made him try it and he ended up eating half of them. They were very yummy, cooked perfectly.

Picture203-1.jpg

DH's appetizer, some kind of duck dish. He liked it, me not so much.

Our main dish was some kind of beef dish again. Can't remember the name.

Picture204.jpg

Picture205.jpg

During our first dinner, our head waiter asked if we celebrating anything. DH mentioned our anniversary (which was August 1st...don't ask me why DH mentioned that) but anyway, our server surprised us with the best tasting cake ever. Seriously that cake was delicious.

Picture208.jpg

My all time favorite dessert is creme brulee. This one did not disappoint.

Picture207.jpg

This is the dessert DH ordered, he loved it.

Picture206.jpg

This is the dessert are server brought just cause he is nice like that, it was very good too.

After dinner, we headed to the movie theater to see Tangled. The movie was awesome but lots of people talked during the show, very annoying. Plus next time we are bringing our own 3-D glasses cause the ones the ship gave out were all spotty due to disinfectant and I couldn't get the spots to come off. :3dglasses. But I am the queen of drowning out background noise and after a few minutes was able to enjoy the show. Tangled is my new favorite Disney movie.

YUM! I probably shouldn't be looking at these wonderful food pictures whil I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. LOL!

When we first boarded the ship, I dropped off two vinylmations at customer service to get autographed. One was for me and one was a Christmas present to my twin sister. On the final night of the cruise, the signed vinylmations were waiting for me in our cabin after dinner. I forgot to take a photo at the time so here is a photo of one of them on my bed at home.

Picture307.jpg

Picture308.jpg

I was very happy with how they turned out and my sister loved her present. I have run out of ideas of what to get autographed for the upcoming trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already have an autograph book and mat. I have no desire to get a shirt or sheet signed so now I am stumped. I want something for the princesses to sign. Hmmmm.

From shutters we bought the $85.00 package and the nice black folder for $19.95 (or maybe it was $9.95 with package, I can't remember). Here are some of the photos I bought. Yes I was too lazy to scan them in, I took photos with my camera.

Picture309.jpg

The cover of the nice black folder. It also had a nice photo of a Disney cruise ship inside.

Picture310.jpg

The photo taken when we boarded the ship.

Picture312.jpg

Photo taken at Castaway Cay.

Picture313.jpg

Photo taken during dinner.

Picture314.jpg

Photo with my boyfriend and my husband.

Picture315.jpg

Photo with Stitch.

So after the 10pm showing of Tangled, we went to bed and woke up around 7am. We made it to breakfast at 8am at Tritons and was off the ship by 9am. I guess I was pouting cause I don't have a single picture from the morning of departure.

When we disembarked into the customs area, porters were waiting and when one young man asked if we needed help we said Yes. I highly recommend pulling out the tip money and using a porter. He said "Follow me I know which customs guy will just look at the form" and sure enough we breezed right thru customs. I was like "That is it." Seriously no one looked at our passport, no one looked at our luggage, very anti-climatic. Yeah I know I should quit my whining but I have nothing juicy to report. So final tip of the day, use a Porter if Disney hasn't spent all your money.

The hotel we stayed at on Wednesday night had a shuttle pick us up and take us to our car. In less then an hour we were at The Contemporary. Yeah!!!

We spent 1.5 days at Disney before we flew home to St. Louis. I will report our 1.5 days on this report cause it was a fun 1.5 days even though not nearly as fun as our cruise days. Yeah the cruise spoiled us (plus I have photos from the Christmas party).

Hey MissJ-

What size vinylmation did you have signed? Our girls were thinking of using these and they sure came out cute.

I bought the 9" vinyls of the "Create Your Own Vinylmation" from disneyshopping.com. They cost $39.95 each and there are lots of colors to choose from. I took them out of the box before the cruise and stored the dolls in my carryon bag in a huge ziploc bag with the sharpies. They took up a lot of room but well worth it!

you are hilarious~!!!

was glad you were able to go into the water...we froze when we went to CC. :( and it looks like you had the same Captain Jack Sparrow we did..I also wish now I would've had breakfast at Tritons..I don't really remember only eating breakfast once at BBB.

After we left the cruise ship, we picked up our rental car and headed to the Contemporary hotel. I think we were there by 11 am and were very happy when the check in desk said our room was ready. Woot Woot!!! So we grabbed our luggage and headed to our room. We were on the 9th floor.

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture008-2.jpg

We splurged on the Contemporary because we were only going to be at WDW for one night, the resort is within walking distance of Magic Kingdom, and quite frankly we were sick of Pop Century. We needed a change and all I can say is Wow we loved this change!!!

The room was huge, absolutely huge. DH quickly fell asleep on the comfy bed so I decided to check my email. I thought I read somewhere that internet was free at the Deluxe resorts. Hmmm, not at this one. There was a sign for $9.95 internet access. Seriously? I pay over $200 for a room and Disney still charges for internet. Blah! I was mad for two seconds until I remembered I have internet tethering on the Iphone. All I do is hook the iphone to my laptop and :wizard: ta da I have internet.

So after checking three days of email, checking my online business, and double-checking the world hadn't ended while we were cruising, I woke up DH and said "Get Up you lazy a@@." Ok maybe I didn't say that but I was thinking it. The day was young and we had Christmas decorations to see.

Picture012.jpg

So the sky had me a little worried but all was good. It rained in the morning while we were driving to WDW but stopped when we got there. No rain for the rest of the day.

Picture017-1.jpg

Pic of the hotel Mural outside our room.

Picture018-1.jpg

Pic of Contemporary's gingerbread tree from outside our room. At this point I started to drag DH away from the room. It takes him a little bit to wake up from a nap.

Picture021-2.jpg

Much better view of the gingerbread tree. After browsing the shops, we hopped on the monorail to see the Christmas decorations at the other monorail resorts.

So after checking three days of email, checking my online business, and double-checking the world hadn't ended while we were cruising, I woke up DH and said "Get Up you lazy a@@." Ok maybe I didn't say that but I was thinking it. The day was young and we had Christmas decorations to see.

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter