• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our First Disney Cruise - Wonder 12/2 Finished 1/22

Thank you everyone for the kind compliments. I was worried no one was reading my trip report. So happy to see people are reading.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Where was I? Ah yes, we were in our cabin enjoying the view from our balcony. We did request the second seating of dining so that means we would go to the first seating of the nightly musicals. Time to get ready for the show!

Disney suggests "Cruise Casual" for the nightly dinner attire. Hmmm...that can be interpreted many different ways. And trust me it was definitely interpreted many different ways by guests on this trip ;) but we choose to go with dressing up. One reason is cause we don't get many excuses to dress up outside of vacation and main reason is I'm a woman. That means I can never pass up a chance to buy new clothes. :lmao:

So we changed clothes and headed down to the theater. But a quick side note. We are on the sixth floor aft near a set of elevators. OMG our room was so conveniently located. I loved it!!! It never took us more then three minutes to get to the shows, dinners, or drinks (even in my high heels).

So anyway, back to the theater...which was packed. We found a good seat to the side in the middle. We are usually the types to show up way early to anything to get great seats but not on this trip. We never got to the shows more then ten minutes early and still found great seats (not the best but still great).

Our first musical was "The Golden Mickeys." We both enjoyed the show. My favorite scene was the Cruella De Ville skit.

Picture190.jpg

Yes I took photos...no I did not have my flash on so put the matches away. DH bought me a new camera for our anniversary and I love love love it. It takes wonderful photos at night without the flash. I don't think I had my flash on this whole trip.

After the show we headed to Bingo at the WaveBands. Wavebands is one of the adult lounges. The first night we paid $60 for the family package which includes paper cards and an electronic bingo machine. We loved the bingo machine...it does everything for you...you just have to sit back and call bingo if the machine tells you too...which our machine never did.:sad2:

Even though we never won Bingo we loved it and for one reason only..."Jen". Jen was the Bingo hostess and she was freakin hilarious. She had the cutest Australian accent and the most outgoing personality. She was a show in herself.:3dglasses She pretty much forced everyone to have a great time...it was awesome. She also kept saying "Everyone say..." and then she would prompt us until we all responded. We were the puppets and she was the master. My favorite was she would say "Everyone say Jealous" whenever someone won or was close to winning. So I now say that all the time to my husband and it drives him crazy. muuahhh.

Picture199-1.jpg

So after Bingo we headed to our first dinner rotation at Animator's Palete. We asked for a table for two when we booked the trip and got it with no problems. Yeah, cause sorry but I'm not the most social person in the world and eating with strangers does not sound like a fun vacation to me.

Picture203.jpg

But I did put away my antisocial button for this trip and did make conversation with the nice older couple next to us. The older man was a delight and full of interesting his stories. His lady friend seemed very nice but I am pretty sure she never said a word...not that she didn't want to...it is just her companion never gave her the chance. :rolleyes1 Anywho, we kept running into them the whole trip, not that we minded cause they were pretty cool.

Another side note...anyone every go on vacation and notice the same people over and over again? Flashback to this morning on the transfer bus, we encountered a very annoying family. Annoying in the outspoken "we are the only ones on vacation so you will all bow down to us" way. I said to my DH, "See them...remember them cause I bet we see them everywhere" and sure enough we did. My husband now thinks I am psychic.:cool2: which might work out in my favor in the long run.

Back to dinner and the awesome dining room.

Picture215.jpg

Just so you know...I am one of those people...those people who take pictures of their food. :scared1: Good thing I know 99% of disboards people love it!!! Unfortunately I didn't think of taking pictures of the menu so I don't know the exact names of what I ate, just a wild guess. ;)

We meet our server Nelson and our assistant server Brendon. Both were awesome, no complaints there. And no complaints on the food either....We loved all the food. I've read a lot of reports of people complaining about the food on Disney cruises being mediocre but definitely not on this cruise.

Picture216-1.jpg

Tuna TarTar for an appetizer.

Picture217.jpg

Some kind of squash soup, very tasty.

Picture218.jpg

DH had baked potato cheese soup.

Picture221.jpg

Our new best friend checking out my camera ;)

Picture222.jpg

We both had the prime rib, simply awesome.

Picture228.jpg

my dessert, shortbread cookie with rasberry creme.

Picture229.jpg

DH had the apple crumble with vanilla bean ice cream.

Dinner was awesome, servers were awesome...and I am pretty sure you are going to get sick of me saying awesome but this trip was awesome.:thumbsup2

So after dinner we walked around the ship for awhile, checked out the lounges, checked out Shutters and bought the $80 package. I wasn't planning on buying any pictures...yeah right...I can't ever resist pictures, especially if they are of DH and I together. I was happy with our boarding photo and we ended up with several other good photos so I thought the $80 package was well worth it.

So we went back to our room and was so happy to see our first gift in the Fish Extender gift exchange.

Picture234.jpg

So if anyone isn't familiar with the FE Gift exchange, it is basically a gift exchange with other disboard members who are cruising at the same time as you. You find a thread on the meet & greet forum for your cruise time and sign up, and get a list of everyone in the exchange. I think there was around 15 families on my trip. OMG we got so many goodies. It made coming back to the room so much fun.

Picture235.jpg

Our stateroom host was awesome too. I forgot his name but we did chat several times. He was very impressed by the gift exchange.

So after changing shoes, we decided to walk around and drop off our gifts for the FE gift exchange. It was so much fun looking at everyone's doors and I did take pictures of everyone's doors & FE much to my husband's embarrassment. I was like get over it the hallways are deserted. But he had fun too and loved looking at the gifts as much as I did.

Picture236.jpg

One of the impressively decorated doors.

My FE gift to everyone was a bag of Disney silly bandz. I thought my idea was clever and still think it was but after seeing everyone elses gifts to us, DH started to feel like we were cheap. I was like honey Disney silly bandz aren't cheap and they are the latest craze (or at least they were when I bought them months ago.) So I told him to get over it and he is now in charge of our gifts for our next cruise FE exchange. Should I apologize to anyone in advance? ;)

Really enjoying your report!!! Sounds like you had a great cruise...and I have to agree on the food. I thought all our meals were very good!

What kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are wonderful!

Really enjoying your report!!! Sounds like you had a great cruise...and I have to agree on the food. I thought all our meals were very good!

What kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are wonderful!

DH bought me a Canon Powershot S90. All I wanted was a small camera that takes great night shots. I love it.

Thank you for reading my report!:goodvibes

Love love loving your report. It will be our 1st Disney Cruise next year so it is great reading your report. I can't wait for the next write-up. I subscribed to your thread so I can keep current on it. Great job and great pictures!

I love your TR. I was hooked from the get go after you told us and showed us how your awesome DH surprised you with it. I hope you all recorded it, it would make a great commercial.

I saw that you will be joining us on our February cruise. Please plan to have even more fun then (and write another really great trip report)!

See you on February 6!

Beth

Did Gradysmom make this? It is so festive! Love it!!!:santa:

You are right, Gradysmom made it. She did such a great job I have already ordered another one for our next cruise. I just give her free reign on the design cause I am so not creative.

I saw that you will be joining us on our February cruise. Please plan to have even more fun then (and write another really great trip report)!

See you on February 6!

Beth

Joining in since we are on your Feb cruise too!

Yeah! So glad to see you here. We have only had the Feb cruise booked for two days and I am already way too excited. It is all I think about, forget Christmas I want February to be here now.

So I better just explain in case anyone was wondering how the heck I am doing two cruises back to back. So here is the story, during Thanksgiving I was talking to my twin sister who is going to WDW the last week of January/first week of February. I mentioned that WDW is having a Valentines Pin Event on 2/5/11. I also mentioned to my DH that going to the event would be a good use of our AP's (that we purchased during our September trip).

He agreed so my sis and I registered for the one day pin trading event. Unfortunately I couldn't go to WDW the same week as my sis cause of work commitments but we booked the Beach Club for 2/3/11 thru 2/10/11. My sis and her family are leaving on the 5th after the event so we would be able to enjoy 2 days at the parks together. So DH and I were happy with the idea of spending the week at WDW...that was until after we cruised the first week of December.

So I am sure any cruise addict knows what happened next...we just couldn't get over how much fun we had on the cruise and the idea of spending a week at WDW just didn't hold it's normal appeal. So for the heck of it we sent an email to our favorite travel agent to see what cruises were going on during our Feb trip.

:cheer2: So we were quite excited when a four day cruise fit in perfectly to our vacation time line and just happened to be the price of my Christmas bonus. :cheer2: So yeap as of Saturday DH and I bought ourselves a Christmas present, a four day cruise on the Dream!!!

So the way February will work is we will have two full days at WDW, four days on the cruise ship, and fly back home the last day of the cruise. :cheer2:

I totally plan on doing a report on that trip...might even just tack it on to this one depending how long I take to write this one. ;) Teasing, I plan to finish this one within a week, already been mentally composing tonight's installment.

Thank you everyone for reading!!!

So after dinner we walked around the ship for awhile, checked out the lounges, checked out Shutters and bought the $80 package. I wasn't planning on buying any pictures...yeah right...I can't ever resist pictures, especially if they are of DH and I together. I was happy with our boarding photo and we ended up with several other good photos so I thought the $80 package was well worth it.

So we went back to our room and was so happy to see our first gift in the Fish Extender gift exchange.

Picture234.jpg

So if anyone isn't familiar with the FE Gift exchange, it is basically a gift exchange with other disboard members who are cruising at the same time as you. You find a thread on the meet & greet forum for your cruise time and sign up, and get a list of everyone in the exchange. I think there was around 15 families on my trip. OMG we got so many goodies. It made coming back to the room so much fun.

Picture235.jpg

Our stateroom host was awesome too. I forgot his name but we did chat several times. He was very impressed by the gift exchange.

So after changing shoes, we decided to walk around and drop off our gifts for the FE gift exchange. It was so much fun looking at everyone's doors and I did take pictures of everyone's doors & FE much to my husband's embarrassment. I was like get over it the hallways are deserted. But he had fun too and loved looking at the gifts as much as I did.

Picture236.jpg

One of the impressively decorated doors.

My FE gift to everyone was a bag of Disney silly bandz. I thought my idea was clever and still think it was but after seeing everyone elses gifts to us, DH started to feel like we were cheap. I was like honey Disney silly bandz aren't cheap and they are the latest craze (or at least they were when I bought them months ago.) So I told him to get over it and he is now in charge of our gifts for our next cruise FE exchange. Should I apologize to anyone in advance? ;)

I got off the Wonder the day you got on so I know that it CrazyboutDisney's door - they were awesome! We were shocked at the cold when we got off the boat - we had shorts, flip flops, etc. thankfully, I didn't pack my two year old's sweatshirt so I was at least able to put that on him. I did laugh at the floridians though who had ear muffs, winter coats, mittens and still shivering - it was 50 people, not 15! enjoying your report!

Waiting for the rest of your report! We were on your cruise too - it's fun to hear a different perspective - we'll have to try the Bingo next time!

And, DD LOVED the silly bands! :cloud9: Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter