Our Favorite "All Hands on Deck" a Major Disappointment!

swandiverpatt

DIS Veteran
We just got back from the 3-day Wonder cruise. We've always looked forward to ordering the cheese platter after we get back from Nassau. This time all that was on it was a very thin slice of cheddar, cut into 2 triangles; a very thin slice of Swiss, cut into 2 triangles; and a wedge of gorgonzola! Lots of crackers and a few grapes, but nothing like we've had in the past.

We even ordered one yesterday to see if it was as bad, and it was. :confused3 :sad2: :sad2: DD always liked the smoked gouda or edam -- but even the quantity of what we got was chintzy! I thought I took a picture of it, but guess I didn't.

OTOH, DD won the jackpot at Bingo last night plus one of the other games! It must have been her lucky night! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I honestly found this platter a HIT or MISS. Our first 2 cruises it was gorgeous, and a full plate. The third cruise, it was not as great. Oddly enough, it varied every time we ordered it..

Congrats to your DD, that is a way to end the cruise:cool1:

We noticed a big change too between our 2003 and 2006 cruises. If I would have known how small it was I would have ordered two! ;)

We would have liked more variety (as we had in August 2006!) We basically had 2 paper-thin slices of cheese and some gorgonzola (which was a rather generous wedge, so I can't fault them with that!)

This was our 2006 plate:
cheeseplate0806.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter