Our Experience W/ The Character Couture Makeover at Grand Floridian

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
Since it is a fairly new experience, I wanted to do a quick review of the “Character Couture Makeover” that Disneyworld now offers for those are too old for Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, but not to old for a some makeover fun. We did the “Magical Makeover” option of the Character Couture Makeover at the Ivy Trellis Salon in the Grand Floridian for $105 that includes makeup and hair.

The makeup included eyes, false lashes and lipstick. If you wear foundation, you should apply it yourself before you arrive. The appointment was for 9:30 am so my daughter could enjoy the makeover for the entire day.

We had dinner that night with Snow White at Art Point in Wilderness Lodge. She wore a Snow White inspired outfit (Disneybound for those who know that term) …so…she got a Snow White style makeover. She didn’t have anything specific in mind for the makeover, so she and the stylist looked on Pinterest and found a look she liked. They can do any character and any style. My daughter's was bold, but they can do a more subdued look if you show some sample photos of what you prefer or just explain your preferences.

Even through the 80 degree heat and bright sun at Hollywood Studios (rollercoasters and all) the hair and makeup stayed in place really well. The first photo was taken right after it was done and the other one is at the end of a full day. You can see that by 10:30 pm that evening the eyelash was just starting to come loose. LOL.

The makeup was good, but it was heavy (there was a lot of eye make up). Her hair was really pretty, but it was really poofy. I liked it and my daughter LOVED it. But, I had to give my husband a “heads up” text to let him know it was a “real” makeover (and not just some glitter sprinkled on her hair) so he was not surprised. However, when he saw her, he liked it. You have to realize it is a “for fun” kind of thing. You could probably ask for a milder style of makeup, but the bold style was really fun [at least for one day]. My daughter is really into makeup, so this was a fun experience.

The entire experience took about an hour (maybe an hour and fifteen minutes). I think the price was $105, but I got a 25% DVC (Disney Vacation Club) discount so my final bill was about $99 and that included the tip. Last August the discount was 40% for DVC…I will be looking for that discount to come back around.

It was fun and we might do it again sometime…it was a fun way to celebrate her upcoming her 16th birthday.
snow-white.jpg

character-couture-makeover-at-Grand-Floridina-Ivy-Trellis-rotate.jpg

liz-with-SW.jpg
22222.jpg

So, SO adorable! She looked great! Thanks so much for this review, as I haven't seen a whole lot about it posted online. The finished product came out amazing, and I'm glad to hear she had fun!

Fantastic! She looks beautiful! Thanks for the review. I just booked today for Halloween for my daughter and myself. Strange thing when I received the confirmation email it said that if patron is under 18 an adult had to be with them the entire time and the adult can not receive a service done at the same time. So I am going to have to have my husband come and stand with her (she will be 12) or rebook my time before or after hers. I booked us in for noon for hair makeup and nails and then we will grab a bite to eat and head to MNSSHP.

Man, I want to do this so much, and take my daughters, too. It looks much better than Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Pirate's League. Is it worth missing rope drop and trying to get to things later in the heat of an August day in order to do this instead?

Awww!! She looks beautiful! My daughter just aged out of BBB(last year was her last) and we’re big Disneybounders so this is definitely something we would do! Thanks for sharing!

Man, I want to do this so much, and take my daughters, too. It looks much better than Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Pirate's League. Is it worth missing rope drop and trying to get to things later in the heat of an August day in order to do this instead?

have you thought about going to rope drop then go over to the Grand Floridian about 11am or so for the make over and have lunch at the resort to get a mid day break from the heat in August? Then she'd have the afternoon and evening to enjoy the makeover? We loved the makeovers at BBB and Pirates League when she was younger. This is a step up from those and we would do it again as far as the experience and end result are concerend. But, the price will cause it to be something we only do occasionally...

Fantastic! She looks beautiful! Thanks for the review. I just booked today for Halloween for my daughter and myself. Strange thing when I received the confirmation email it said that if patron is under 18 an adult had to be with them the entire time and the adult can not receive a service done at the same time. So I am going to have to have my husband come and stand with her (she will be 12) or rebook my time before or after hers. I booked us in for noon for hair makeup and nails and then we will grab a bite to eat and head to MNSSHP.

We were running a little late so I dropped her at the front entrance to the GF and went to park. I stopped in and they had already started the makeover. i shopped in the GF stores and got a snack.....she even left the salon without me....so they may not strictly enforce the statement they sent you :)

have you thought about going to rope drop then go over to the Grand Floridian about 11am or so for the make over and have lunch at the resort to get a mid day break from the heat in August? Then she'd have the afternoon and evening to enjoy the makeover? We loved the makeovers at BBB and Pirates League when she was younger. This is a step up from those and we would do it again as far as the experience and end result are concerend. But, the price will cause it to be something we only do occasionally...

That's a good idea! I'll have to see if I can move some ADRs around.

I love it! Your daughter looks so pretty ... and like she feels beautiful too! I'm thinking you need to do Mama / Daughter princess duo makeovers next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter