Our DVC Vacation: SSR, Member Cruise 2010, & AKV - SSMC Day 1 completed

Marsha - So glad you are reliving our cruise!!! I love the photos!!! It puts me right back there!!!

Loving your report!
Your little boy is adorable.
Thank you to both comments.

Wow - great job and a lot of work with your trip report. Thank you for taking the time. Everything looks absolutely great!!
You're welcome. I apologize that it has been taking so long for me to update it.

Hope your not done yet. Again you have done an excellent job at getting me excited for my own upcoming trip.
No, I am not done. I definitely plan on completing it because I do not like to leave things unfinished. Plus, I like reliving the moment.

When is your trip?

Marsha - So glad you are reliving our cruise!!! I love the photos!!! It puts me right back there!!!
Thank you. Please feel free to add any comments along the way. How are you and the family doing?

We were so excited to be stepping on Castaway Cay again. The night before I ordered breakfast through room service for DS & DH since I knew I would be going to the Hawaii Homecoming Presentation. Room service arrived right on time. I left it on the table for DS & DH and headed out with my MIL to the presentation. Before I talk about the presentation, here is the navigator for the day.

91310navigatorp1.jpg

91310navigatorp2.jpg
91310navigatorp3.jpg

91310navigatorp4.jpg

91310navigatorp5.jpg
91310navigatorp6.jpg

91310navigatorp7.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

As usual, the presentation was held in the Walt Disney Theater.

DSC_0408.jpg

The presentation was actually pretty good. For those of you who have not been on the member cruise, DVC hosts a presentation where members can discover some of the incentives that DVC is offering on the cruise. Each year, the presentation has a theme. The 2010 theme was Hawaii Homecomig which was a presentation about the new DVC resort, Aulani. I really enjoyed the presentation because of the speaker, Joe Rohde, the leader of the creative team for Aulani.

DSC_0415.jpg

He was a great presenter. He was very knowledgeable not oonly about Aulani, but Hawaii since he grew up in Hawaii. From the pictures that were shown and the discussion about all of the little details that are going into the resort, I am sure Aulani will be a stunning.

After Joe's presentation, the guides told us about the incentives.

DSC_0417.jpg

At the presentation on the 2010 SSMC, the Aulani incentives were:
Deeded to 2062
No closing cost
$114 per vacation points
Price increase either Nov. 21 or Nov. 26 (I can't read my own handwriting).
Annual dues: $4.31 per vacation point estimated for 2011.

With the purchase of 125 vacation points or more you received the limited addition artwork of Beauty & the Beast created by Rodell Gonzalez - Disney Fine Artist (picture above) and a $10 per point discount which was approx. a $1250 credit.

With the purchase of 160 vacation points or more you were considered a founding member and your name would go on the Pohaku (limited to the first 800 people), a $12 per point disocunt, and a $1500 Visa pre-paid card.

With the purchase of 200 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $2000 Visa pre-paid card.

With the purchase of 250 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $14 per point discount, you were confirmed for the 2011 SSMC oceanview room for up to 4 people or a $2500 pre-paid Visa card.

With the purchase of 320 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $16 per point discount and a confirmation for the 2011 SSMC verandah room or a $3000 pre-paid Visa card.

With the purchase of 500 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus an $18 per point discount and a confirmation on the 2011 SSMC or $5000 pre-paid Visa card.

The giveaways at the presentation were a (1) one time allotment of 50 points, (2) a one time allottment of 100 points, and (3) a 1 week RCI 1-bedroom stay.

After the presentation, the attendees were given a little menehune, a great craftsman, who lives deep in the Hawaiian forests and stay out of sight of humans. You will statutes of the menehune strategically placed throughout Aulani.

Now, off to Castaway Cay...

Thanks for asking we are doing great! We are returning to WDW in April and counting down the days!! The girls (and John & I;)) think we should cruise EVERY trip!!! Castaway Cay is what did it for us....what a beautiful beach!

Giana saw the photo of her and Charles and said -he is my friend from Mickey's ship!!!:lovestruc!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

Thanks for asking we are doing great! We are returning to WDW in April and counting down the days!! The girls (and John & I;)) think we should cruise EVERY trip!!! Castaway Cay is what did it for us....what a beautiful beach!

Giana saw the photo of her and Charles and said -he is my friend from Mickey's ship!!!:lovestruc!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

I hope you have a fantastic trip. You and the family will love AKV.

Castaway Cay is a beautiful beach.

Charles had so much fun meeting everyone, especially the girls. :laughing: I won't be laughing when he is older.

After the presentation, I headed back to the room to get ready. DH & DS were up and had enjoyed their breakfast delivered by room service. We got ready

DSC_0422.jpg

and were off to Castaway Cay.

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

It was a beautiful and sunny day. It was not too hot but warm enough to enjoy the water. Oh, how I missed Castaway Cay and glad to be back.

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

:welcome: Home!

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

We enjoyed Castaway Cay so much. We spent most of our time in the water and loved every minute of it. So, I did not take many pictures. But, here are a few.

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

100_5113.jpg

We also had lunch on the island.

100_5105.jpg

It was all very good. Sorry no pictures we were all hungry after spending time in the water.

After a full day at Castaway Cay, we headed back to the ship. On our way back, DH had an encounter with Capt. Hook.

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter