Our DVC Vacation: SSR, Member Cruise 2010, & AKV - SSMC Day 1 completed

As I left off the last time, we were so excited about finally arriving at WDW! :yay: I was amazed about how beautiful the grounds of Saratoga Springs were. I did not realize that it encompassed a golf course. Anyway, we made our way to the Carriage House to check-in to our two-bedroom villa. Of course, we had to take pictures.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Check-in was a breeze since I did online check in. There was no wait! I just walked up, the CM welcomed me home, and gave me my folder with our room keys, hotel information, and DVC related materials. Plus, she told me that our room was ready! :banana: She also made sure that DH's mother & brother's room was near ours. What great service! Before we went back to the van, my mother and I took the time to explore the Carriage House & take pictures.

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

After a little exploring, DM & I made our way back to the van and headed over to Room 8335 which was located in the Grandstand section of the resort.

I have to mention again that the grounds of Saratoga Springs were beautiful. My DM kept commenting on how green and beautiful the grass was. And, can I just say the room was beautiful too. As the saying goes, "A picture is worth 1000 words" so here are a few pictures so I will not have to come up with thousands of words. ;)

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DS loves elevators, so I had to take a picture of the elevator doors.
DSC_0033.jpg

The light fixture outside of our room.
DSC_0057.jpg

Welcome home.
DSC_0034.jpg

As soon as we entered the room, this is what we saw:
DSC_0035.jpg

When we turned right we entered the little hallway to the second bedroom
DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

The kitchen and living room is to the left of the entrance.
DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

100_0270.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Can you find the hidden Mickey?
DSC_0048.jpg

Did I mention this room was spacious. From the kitchen, there is a closet with the washer & dryer.
DSC_0045.jpg

Once we passed the closet with the washer & dryer, we entered the Master bathroom & bedroom.
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Of course, I had to explore the balcony.
DSC_0054.jpg

Our view:
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

And, I had to have some mother & son time.
DSC_0053.jpg

Great pictures. SSR looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't see too many pictures of the resort/villas.

Have not stayed here and am still on my plan to try them all :)

The grounds do look beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. They are worth 1000 words; we haven't stayed at Saratoga yet, so I appreciated seeing the units.

Beautiful Pictures!:wizard:

I love SSR and I agree the grounds and resort are just gorgeous!! I was there Labor Day weekend and was so impressed with all the landscaping and varieties of flowers on my morning walks. Love the music they play in the common areas, jazzy and relaxing:wizard:

Your room looks great! I was in the GS section also but in the first bldg in front of the GS Pool.

Saratoga is one of my favorite resorts. We could just stay there and not even go to the parks.:eek:

Great pictures. SSR looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't see too many pictures of the resort/villas.

Have not stayed here and am still on my plan to try them all :)
Thank you. I enjoy taking pictures and posting them since I know I scour the boards to find out all of the information that I can about a resort.

I too plan on trying out all of the resorts. DH wants to try BLT next.

The grounds do look beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. They are worth 1000 words; we haven't stayed at Saratoga yet, so I appreciated seeing the units.
You are so welcome. Saratoga Springs is a beautiful resort.

Beautiful Pictures!:wizard:

I love SSR and I agree the grounds and resort are just gorgeous!! I was there Labor Day weekend and was so impressed with all the landscaping and varieties of flowers on my morning walks. Love the music they play in the common areas, jazzy and relaxing:wizard:

Your room looks great! I was in the GS section also but in the first bldg in front of the GS Pool.
We were so glad we were near the pool. DS had a blast at the pool.

Love the photos. Cannot wait for our frist trip home. :goodvibes
I know you will enjoy your first trip "home."

Saratoga is one of my favorite resorts. We could just stay there and not even go to the parks.:eek:
We did not go to the parks at all this trip. We just enjoyed the resorts and did not feel like we missed a thing.

Thanks for the report:)
You're welcome. Thanks for reading it.

After relaxing in the room for a bit, we headed over to the Turf Club Bar & Grill.
DSC_0059.jpg

We did not have to wait too long for a bus and in no time we were at the Turf Club after a short walk from the bus stop. Once inside, I took pictures of the hallway leading to the Turf Club.
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

When we arrived, it was close to 5:00 p.m. which meant the restaurant was seitching over to the dinner menu. We were still given the menu for lunch, however, since we asked to be seated as soon as possible. We perused the lunch menu and asked to look at the dinner menu as well.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

We opted to order from the dinner menu and asked the CM if that was okay which, of course, it was. While we waited to be seated, we could have played a game of pool but DS was at the beginning stages of having a meltdown so DH took him to watch tv.
DSC_0066.jpg

We did not have to wait too long to be seated. But, while we were waiting to be seated, we noticed that the ferry stop was right outside. DM commented that it would be nice to ride the ferry. It was decided that tomorrow we would catch the ferry to DTD.

Now, I usually take a picture of the food that everyone orders but we were all so hungery when the food arrived we just dug right into it. I did manage to take a couple of pictures.
DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

The crabcakes were DELISH! And, my dad had the most tender pork tenderloin I have ever tested. Everyone was very pleased with the meal. By the time we were finished eating, DH received a phone call that DMIL & DBIL had arrived. He told them to come to the lobby and we would meet them there. DH & DS headed out first while I waited with my parents to pay the bill.

When we finally arrived in the lobby, there was DH waiting ever so patiently for us - NOT.
DSC_0069.jpg

But, DS did not mind the wait at all. He was so busy & happy playing with a ballon that a CM had given him.
DSC_0068.jpg

DH decided that he would ride with his brother in the car to show him how to get to the room. The rest of us took the bus back.

Up next: More of SSR.

OMG Marsha, just found your TR. I have been looking for it on the cruise thread. Glad to have finally found it. So glad that you are doing one on the cruise, and all of your vacation, but especially the cruise ;).

Now I have to go catch up. :thumbsup2

OMG Marsha, just found your TR. I have been looking for it on the cruise thread. Glad to have finally found it. So glad that you are doing one on the cruise, and all of your vacation, but especially the cruise ;).

Now I have to go catch up. :thumbsup2

Glad you found it. More updates will be coming soon.

I'm loving your TR!! Great photos too -- seeing all of your great pics of SSR is getting me soooo excited for our trip there later this week!

So glad that you enjoyed SSR. Now that you have stayed at my home, :rotfl:, you can see why I said it was so beautiful. We just love it there. And you stayed in our favorite section, the GRANDSTAND! We just love that pool and the grounds and the rooms, ahhhhhhhh.

Your pictures have really helped me from missing our home resort.

But I saw where you said Corey wants to stay at BLT, which is our other home resort, well we stayed there after the Members Cruise (1st time) and LOVED IT! If you thought the 2 bedroom rooms at SSR were spacious just wait until you try that at BLT. And there were 3 bathrooms. Score! And we asked for a cheap view room, well we may have only been on the 2nd floor but had a great view of the Magic Kingdom! The girls could watch the fireworks while lying in bed. It was just awesome.

The only complaint we had was that they could have made the pool and pool area bigger for the BLT part. We walked over to the Contemporary Quite Pool area and enjoyed ourselves far better than we did at the BLT Pool. But that was just us. Small pool, lots of people = not much fun for us. However, we did like the slide at BLT pool. :rolleyes1

Can't wait for your next update. :woohoo:

I'm loving your TR!! Great photos too -- seeing all of your great pics of SSR is getting me soooo excited for our trip there later this week!

You are going to love the resort. I wish I had more time to explore it. Have a great trip!

So glad that you enjoyed SSR. Now that you have stayed at my home, :rotfl:, you can see why I said it was so beautiful. We just love it there. And you stayed in our favorite section, the GRANDSTAND! We just love that pool and the grounds and the rooms, ahhhhhhhh.

Your pictures have really helped me from missing our home resort.

But I saw where you said Corey wants to stay at BLT, which is our other home resort, well we stayed there after the Members Cruise (1st time) and LOVED IT! If you thought the 2 bedroom rooms at SSR were spacious just wait until you try that at BLT. And there were 3 bathrooms. Score! And we asked for a cheap view room, well we may have only been on the 2nd floor but had a great view of the Magic Kingdom! The girls could watch the fireworks while lying in bed. It was just awesome.

The only complaint we had was that they could have made the pool and pool area bigger for the BLT part. We walked over to the Contemporary Quite Pool area and enjoyed ourselves far better than we did at the BLT Pool. But that was just us. Small pool, lots of people = not much fun for us. However, we did like the slide at BLT pool. :rolleyes1

Can't wait for your next update. :woohoo:

Now, we will have to try BLT. When Corey was younger, he stayed at Contemporary. He called it the monorail resort when he was younger. I think he wants to relive his childhood. I am going to try to book it at the 7 month window for August after our cruise.

Now, we will have to try BLT. When Corey was younger, he stayed at Contemporary. He called it the monorail resort when he was younger. I think he wants to relive his childhood. I am going to try to book it at the 7 month window for August after our cruise.

That is so funny. Because we stayed at the Contemporary, in the North Wing - where BLT is now - on our honeymoon (20 years ago) and said the same thing. :lmao:

Great minds! ;)

Hi Marsha!!! So glad I found your TR!!!! I have been trying to get to mine too but I had to see your thoughts of SSR - our home - we LOVE it there- actually I am missing it reading your TR because we are on a quest to try all of the DVCs after our stay at AKV next April we will only have BWV to go!!!

We stayed at BLT after the cruise but did a studio lake view - that was our first stay in a studio ever and it wasn't horrible but for the four of us - very cramped!!! It seems you mostly travel with family so definately do the 1 or 2 bedroom - I did take pics of the fireworks at the TOTWL - AMAZING!!!!!

I can't wait for your AKV part!!! I am anxious to learn all I can!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter