• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Disneymoon PTR + Wedding TR w/ pics - I'm back! (TR link and POP review 9/7)

I am not a fan of GF either! BUT, the food is the main objective here is food! Boma is awesome, and Kona is my fav for breakfat! I get the big kahuna, not the tonga toast though!

another fun breakfast is 1900 park fare..again at the GF, BUT alice and mad hatter are there!!

I just talked with DH and showed him the menus for both Tusker House and Boma. Seeing as he loves food, he was very interested in the offerings of Boma (mainly the omelet station and the possibility of fresh mango). So it looks like it's a definite maybe for us to go there.

We figured that we would go on our rest day: book a late breakfast, take a cab directly there, eat at Boma, visit the resort, then take a bus wherever we feel like going (whether it's a park, DTD, a waterpark, or even going back to our resort to enjoy the pool). Plus by having a late breakfast we could skip lunch and just have a snack before dinner. Thanks again for the suggestion!:goodvibes

I did tell him though that if we don,t do any character meal then we HAVE to wait in at least one character line in a park. :rotfl:

You are also the second person to tell us that they were happily surprised by Coral Reef, so that looks like it's here to stay.

Now the only one left that we are not sure of is Ohana... where else could we go for a romantic dinner and great meet?

Hey Mel!

We LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast! We tried Donald's Safari breakfast last trip and I would choose CP or that ANY DAY! The atmosphere is just so much better in CP and you can't beat the puffed french toast! It was nice to go straight to the safari right after and honestly, I am glad that we tried it so if you really want to try something different, go for it!

I would DEFINITELY do 'Ohana for dinner! It's our favorite but you have to be on top of it at 180 days to score it! Other than that, we really liked Kouzzina last trip.

I just talked with DH and showed him the menus for both Tusker House and Boma. Seeing as he loves food, he was very interested in the offerings of Boma (mainly the omelet station and the possibility of fresh mango). So it looks like it's a definite maybe for us to go there.
the fruit selection is phenomenal! all of the food was super fresh and tasty!If it helps, my DD Kayla chooses Boma over ANY character meal! It is by far her fav breakfast on property!

We figured that we would go on our rest day: book a late breakfast, take a cab directly there, eat at Boma, visit the resort, then take a bus wherever we feel like going (whether it's a park, DTD, a waterpark, or even going back to our resort to enjoy the pool). Plus by having a late breakfast we could skip lunch and just have a snack before dinner. Thanks again for the suggestion!:goodvibes
fantastic idea! sounds romantic and just relaxing!

I did tell him though that if we don,t do any character meal then we HAVE to wait in at least one character line in a park. :rotfl:
:rotfl:
You are also the second person to tell us that they were happily surprised by Coral Reef, so that looks like it's here to stay.

Now the only one left that we are not sure of is Ohana... where else could we go for a romantic dinner and great meet?

hmm.. idk that a character meet and dinner are super romantic! lol! If your looking for romance I say do the Coral reef, and then for the character meet and fun do Ohana! Plus although it has characters and children, Ohana has a darker more intimate feel to me. which makes it kind of romantic! no?

Hey Mel!

We LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast! We tried Donald's Safari breakfast last trip and I would choose CP or that ANY DAY! The atmosphere is just so much better in CP and you can't beat the puffed french toast! It was nice to go straight to the safari right after and honestly, I am glad that we tried it so if you really want to try something different, go for it!

I would DEFINITELY do 'Ohana for dinner! It's our favorite but you have to be on top of it at 180 days to score it! Other than that, we really liked Kouzzina last trip.

While we enjoyed CP last time, Pooh and friends are not really our favorite characters and we do want to try something new. The puffed french toast does sound yummy though!

What makes Ohana your favorite?

I'll check out the menu for Kouzzina.

the fruit selection is phenomenal! all of the food was super fresh and tasty!If it helps, my DD Kayla chooses Boma over ANY character meal! It is by far her fav breakfast on property!

hmm.. idk that a character meet and dinner are super romantic! lol! If your looking for romance I say do the Coral reef, and then for the character meet and fun do Ohana! Plus although it has characters and children, Ohana has a darker more intimate feel to me. which makes it kind of romantic! no?

Well it must be awesome food for a kid to prefer it over character meal!! And yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think going to Boma would make for a very relaxed and romantic rest day. :)

Ohana is only a character meal at breakfast (which we did last time). At dinner it's a regular table-service. ;)

Right now we are thinking of doing both Ohana and Coral Reef, though we are always opened to new suggestions.

While we enjoyed CP last time, Pooh and friends are not really our favorite characters and we do want to try something new. The puffed french toast does sound yummy though!

What makes Ohana your favorite?

I'll check out the menu for Kouzzina.

'Ohana? The atmosphere, the drinks, the food! We went to town on the chicken wings and pot stickers, we barely had room for the meats!!

At Kouzzina, I had the flank steak and DH had the lamb. We both cleaned our plates, it was soooo good! It was definitely more "adult." We got a little dressed up, ordered a pitcher of sangria and had a really nice, relaxing meal, followed by our night out at Jellyrolls! It was perfect...except for the drunken meat-heads at Jellyrolls but thanks to them, we made it to Epcot EMH that night!

'Ohana? The atmosphere, the drinks, the food! We went to town on the chicken wings and pot stickers, we barely had room for the meats!!

At Kouzzina, I had the flank steak and DH had the lamb. We both cleaned our plates, it was soooo good! It was definitely more "adult." We got a little dressed up, ordered a pitcher of sangria and had a really nice, relaxing meal, followed by our night out at Jellyrolls! It was perfect...except for the drunken meat-heads at Jellyrolls but thanks to them, we made it to Epcot EMH that night!

I think DH will really love the food at Ohana. It's more me who's doesn't like meat that much. I would be going there solely for the atmosphere, but then again that could be said for so many of the restaurants. I'm quite the picky eater (trying to improve!).

I remember reading that in your trip report, the drunken guys. Ugh!

Thanks for all the input!

Mega Waves, Date Night, and FastPass Baby!

Day 3 continued- DisneyQuest and Stitch Heaven

So when I last left you we were about to leave Magic Kingdom. By 1:30pm we had already done almost all the rides on our touring plan, except for two. We decided to go visit DisneyQuest, which was initially planned for another day.

We took a ferry to the TTC, then walked to the Poly and waited for a DTD bus. And waited. And waited some more. I think in the end it took 45 minutes before a bus showed up, by far our longest bus wait of the trip.

Finally we made it to there, though we almost forgot to get out. See I was under the impression that there were three bus stops at DTD (Market Place, Pleasure Island and West Side). Turns out there are only two, so as were pulling out of the parking lot I got worried and went to talk to the driver. He was a bit annoyed, but nice enough to let us out on the sidewalk, so we just walked across the parking lot.

We went to DisneyQuest where we played for about 2 hours. We didn't take any pictures, as we left the camera at coat check. I did the Mighty Duck Pinball (had no real what I was supposed to do there...), Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (fun, but hard to control), Alien Encounter and lots of more classic arcade games. DH and DD's favorite was the rollercoaster simulator (not the one where you create one, just one that you ride predetermined rides). I loved the skipping rope arcade, but my favorite was a simple finger maze: you follow a path with your finger as fast as possible without touching the "walls". Simple, yet so addictive!! Even had a CM give me tips, and check up on my progress. :thumbsup2

At the end of the day, so we took a bus back to the Grand Floridian, then the Monorail. It was getting a bit close to our ADR time, so we just did a quick stop at Stitch's store, Merchant of Venus. I bought a Stitch key chain, and Stitch thingy to attach to my cell phone. I was in Stitch Heaven. :lovestruc
stitchheaven.jpg

We then went to check in to Crystal Palace, where we were told they were running 40 minutes late. :mad: It was actually closer to one hour later that we were finally called in. Food was ok (didn't take pictures), character interaction was ok too. Not bad, just nothing special.
Pooh wanted to hug DD, but she was a bit shy. :rotfl2:
pooh.jpg

piglet.jpg

After dinner my throat was starting to hurt a lot, so we found the first aid station and bought some lozenges. It looked like a nice little and welcoming place for people who get sick, I like that.

By then it was getting too late to go do our last remaining rides, Phillarmagic. :sad1:
So instead we made our way to the beginning of Main Street, so we could make a quick exit after Wishes. Along the way we stopped in a few stores. I bought some yummy delicious fudge, and some Disney coasters. I like practical souvenirs. :thumbsup2
candies.jpg

ricekrispietreat.jpg

It was never in our plans to watch SpectroMagic, but we caught it shortly after it had started so we stopped to watch. It was awesome!! Turned out to be my favorite night time show! :goodvibes We tried taking pictures, but they were too blurry. We stayed in the same spot to watch Wishes, which was also amazing. It was DD's favorite night time show. I have to admit though, we are a bit spoiled in Montreal as we get an international fireworks competition every summer so I have witnessed some pretty spectacular fireworks. However, even if it was not as good as some of them, it was the most magical of them all. ;)

Up next, DD's first ever visit at a water park. Will she like it or be too afraid?

Hey girl! I can't believe that I hadn't noticed your report link before. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I love your wedding invitations and the location looks so beautiful. Please p.m. me the picture of your dress. I wanna see!

Welcome to my trip report! Glad you could join me. I feel like I know you already, since I've been following your TRs. Haha :upsidedow

Thanks for the comments. PM is sent. :)

Day 4 - Blizzard Beach

I want to apologize that this update won't have any pictures. We did bring an underwater camera to the water park, but it was a disposable one and I haven't scanned any of the pictures. Too bad though, because I did take a few good ones of DD's first time at a water park. To make up a little for it I included links to pictures on the Dis website.

So, how did she do exactly for her first time in a water park? You're soon going to find out!

We got up a bit later this morning, 7:30am (when has 7:30 become late? At Disney of course!) We ate a quick breakfast at Old Port Royal (probably a croissant for me and DD) and took a bus to Blizzard Beach. We got there around 9:15am.

Our first order of business was to get changed, leave a few things in a locker, and stake out a chair to leave our towels. We found a nice central spot on the little "island" above the wave pool.

You might remember me mentioning in an earlier update that DD did not know how to swim and was afraid of water. When we got to the park we got her a life vest. She was ok with trying water slides, as long as SHE didn't drop in the water. So to ease her in we started with Teamboat Springs. You sit in a big round boat (I believe you can be up to 6 inside) and go down a "rafting river", though it really doesn't go that fast and is not rough at all.

Teamboat Springs

DD enjoyed that, so we moved on to slightly bigger things, Runoff Rapids. Here you go down a partly enclosed tube slide either by yourself or on a double tube. For her first time we had DD go down with her dad while I went down alone. She is also a bit scared of the dark, and, though she didn't hate it, she didn't really want to try it again. We did, though, and mostly wanted her to face her fears, so back up we went. This time I went down with her, and DH alone.

Runoff Rapids

Next step, slides on mats: Snowstorm Racers. From past experiences, I had always encountered mats slides where you end up in a water only a few inches deep. So that's what I kept saying to reassure DD. As I was going down I was a bit worried that she wouldn't enjoy the water on her face. Also, being heavier than her, I got to the end first and realized that we ended in several feet of water! I panicked a little, only to see DD come down and float gently to the stairs. Thank god she was light enough! Another good surprise, she had this giant smile on her face! Woohoo, a slide she loved! :goodvibes

We tried Toboggan Racers next, another mats slide. This one is straight and is set up really like a race, with a "winner". Well of course DD being the lightest she came in last and was upset about this. She kept saying she wasn't "good enough". To this day I still have to remind her that there really is no "talent" involved in these slides, it's just a matter of who's biggest and heaviest. She's a bit too focused on being the absolute best sometimes. :confused3 Anyway, she preferred the other mats slide, so we did it again.

Toboggan Racers
Snow Stormers

Time for a little break, and what a better way to relax than to float around the entire park in the lazy river, Cross Country Creek. We all enjoyed this part, though DH had a hard time "relaxing".

Cross Country Creek

Final thing on our list was the wave pool, Meltaway Bay. The waves are really gentle, so DD had a great time. First hanging out in her dad's arms, and then playing in the shallow water where the waves "break".

Meltaway Bay

It would have been hard to egt her out of there, but a storm rolled in and they closed everything. We packed up and left the park around 11:30am. If I remember correctly we were able to get to the bus fast enough to avoid most of the rain. :thumbsup2

We got to the resort, showered, and took a much needed 90 minutes nap after 3 full days.

Up next, Epcot and MY first meltdown...

Some wedding news!
Last night we went shopping and most probably found the shirts that the men in the bridal party are going to wear. Short sleeved collared shirts for only 20$ each! All we had left to figure out was who was going to wear pink and who was going to wear turquoise. The main problem was that my step-daughter will be standing by my side, but wanted to wear turquoise. Well, after trying very hard to let her have her wish, it just is too complicated so we put our foot down and decided she is going to wear pink. That way everyone on the groom's side (one best man, one groomsman and one groomswoman) will be wearing turquoise. Everyone on my side (my maid of honor, DD has a junior bridesmaid, and my brother as a bridesman) will be wearing pink. :thumbsup2

Also, we had started looking at a few jewelry stores for wedding bands. We first looked at the very expensive Birks, then a very cheapo mall place, and finally an in-between store. Found a few interesting bands, especially for me at the last store. My ring belonged to my grandma and looks antique. We found an antique looking band, but the problem was that the pattern was not exactly the same and so it was competing a bit. Well today we went to another store where we know several friends (including the groomsman) have bought their rings. We got ours there too! Mine was slightly over budget, but not too much over. Plus, we sold our old rings (we both have been married before) and got 200$ back! :cool1: I thought Ron would want to wait or keep looking around, but nope, he went and ordered it, as well as one for him. Much to his liking, our bands are actually going to match a little. Mine has a single round diamond. The only stressful thing is that I did not get to try the exact ring I ordered. I tried a similar one, which was also a bit bigger. Hope I like it on me as much as I like it on paper!! :confused: Only two weeks to wait until we get them. :)

Day 4 continued - Epcot and a sorta Dis Meet

In my last update I forgot to include the little surprise left by mousekeeping that we found when we came back to the room:
animaltowels1.jpg

So after our nap we got on a bus to Epcot and arrived around 3pm. It was still overcast and drizzling.
Epcotsign.jpg

Now, we had not eaten anything (well, maybe a little leftover snack in our room, I can't remember) since breakfast, which was around 7 hours ago. We were starving, and I was getting grumpy. We went to Sunshine Seasons as we had heard great reviews. DH and DD found something tasty to eat without a problem. I, on the other hand, did not have much luck. See, I'm a picky eater in general, but with the grumpiness that was slowly taking over me I really was not in the mood for ANYTHING slightly outside my comfort zone. So I got nothing. Here are a few pictures I took while waiting for them:
Sunshineseasonsign.jpg

Sunshineseasonceiling.jpg

After that we walked over to Electric Umbrella so I could get my beloved fries. We went outside to eat, only to be harassed by a bee. Did I mention I have a phobia of bees? This certainly did not improve my mood. When I was done eating we walked towards the fountain to watch the "show". I was about ready to cry. :sad1: DH was getting a bit annoyed at me, but then he did something wonderful. He hugged me. Long. It felt so nice and helped diffuse all the tension that had built. :hug: I am so glad that before the trip we had followed some advice (I think from the Unofficial guide) and talked about what to do in case one of us gets stressed! Crisis averted. :thumbsup2

With my renewed good mood we walked to Innoventions East. In there we tested the Limits in the Lab, we witnessed a hurricane, and then helped build a house in Stormstruck. Then we walked through Innoventions West, but did not stop anywhere.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends was a walk-on so we rode that. It was cute. We spent a great deal of time walking around the Seas Pavillion. It quickly became one of DH's favorite spot. He just loves the relaxing atmosphere in there.
Nemoride.jpg

Cool looking fish:
weirdfish.jpg

Fish that looks like a rock:
rockfish.jpg

Nemo and his dad:
Nemofish.jpg

Me enjoying some downtime while DD was at the Kidcot station:
Nemoride.jpg

Up next was Spaceship Earth. We waited less than 10 minutes. We all enjoyed the calmness of that ride, and that funny little video at the end.
Spaceshipearthsign.jpg

Spaceshipearth.jpg

We then walked around World Showcase, but did not really stop anywhere as we had somewhere to be soon. My first sorta DisMeet! Well, I say sorta because technically I did not meet her on the dis, but another message board. She did, however, help me plan my trip to Disney (she's been over 20 times) and introduced me to this board. :goodvibes When she was helping me plan we realized that we both would be in Epcot on the same day, so she told me to meet her at the red gate in Japan at7pm.
Walking there:
Japanpavillion.jpg

There she is!
MeetingAlex.jpg

She even bought me a little wishing cat from the Japan store. :)
MeetingAlex2.jpg

We talked for a little while, but had to say goodbye way too soon as we had an ADR at Tokyo Dining.
Tokyodiningsign.jpg

Dh enjoyed the women showing us how to make sushi:
Sushipresentation.jpg

I had chicken teriyaki:
TokyoDiningfood3.jpg

DD and DH had sushi:
TokyoDiningfood2.jpg

TokyoDiningfood1.jpg

Dessert:
TokyoDiningdessert.jpg

Continued in next post

We got out to late to watch Illuminations, but it was EMH evening so we walked some more around World Showcase. It's so beautiful at night!
Japannight.jpg

Torigatenight.jpg

At some point DD heard a little girl crying. She was lost! :scared1: Fortunately, another family got around to helping her before we could reach her.
We stopped by Mexico, were we shopped around a little and rode the Gran Fiesta (walk-on). Another cute ride!
Mexicannight.jpg

Mexicanhat.jpg

Mexicanhatsad.jpg

granfiestapyramid.jpg

Mexicogranfiesta.jpg

granfiestadonald.jpg

We got fastpass for Mission Space, and went stopped at Mousegear while waiting:
Tinkerbellears.jpg

We rode the green side of Mission Space as I don't do so well with intensely spinning rides. DD was afraid at first as she doesn't like tight spaces (on top of darkness and water), but it ended up being one of her favorite!

We were exhausted by then, so we left and got back to the resort around midnight.

Up next, a day off!!!

Some wedding news!
Last night we went shopping and most probably found the shirts that the men in the bridal party are going to wear. Short sleeved collared shirts for only 20$ each! All we had left to figure out was who was going to wear pink and who was going to wear turquoise. The main problem was that my step-daughter will be standing by my side, but wanted to wear turquoise. Well, after trying very hard to let her have her wish, it just is too complicated so we put our foot down and decided she is going to wear pink. That way everyone on the groom's side (one best man, one groomsman and one groomswoman) will be wearing turquoise. Everyone on my side (my maid of honor, DD has a junior bridesmaid, and my brother as a bridesman) will be wearing pink. :thumbsup2

Also, we had started looking at a few jewelry stores for wedding bands. We first looked at the very expensive Birks, then a very cheapo mall place, and finally an in-between store. Found a few interesting bands, especially for me at the last store. My ring belonged to my grandma and looks antique. We found an antique looking band, but the problem was that the pattern was not exactly the same and so it was competing a bit. Well today we went to another store where we know several friends (including the groomsman) have bought their rings. We got ours there too! Mine was slightly over budget, but not too much over. Plus, we sold our old rings (we both have been married before) and got 200$ back! :cool1: I thought Ron would want to wait or keep looking around, but nope, he went and ordered it, as well as one for him. Much to his liking, our bands are actually going to match a little. Mine has a single round diamond. The only stressful thing is that I did not get to try the exact ring I ordered. I tried a similar one, which was also a bit bigger. Hope I like it on me as much as I like it on paper!! :confused: Only two weeks to wait until we get them. :)

So glad to hear that you've found your rings. I am sure you are going to be very happy with your choice once it's on your finger.

Lacey and I looked for wedding bands for Jesse this weekend. It's ridiculous what men's wedding bands can cost.

Wow! Over two weeks since I last updated. Hope I still have some readers!!

I have just been so busy with work (evaluating, then writing the report cards, and now preparing for parent-teacher interviews), was sick for a while, and got a bed bug scare (Fiance's daughter's home is infested. :scared1:) We've been cleaning like crazy to get rid of any potential eggs. Really hope we did enough. Anyway, let's get back on track.

So glad to hear that you've found your rings. I am sure you are going to be very happy with your choice once it's on your finger.

Lacey and I looked for wedding bands for Jesse this weekend. It's ridiculous what men's wedding bands can cost.

I know! I don't understand why a simple ring is more expensive than one with diamonds???

Speaking of rings, we went to pick up ours last weekend. Fiance's ring was not exactly the color he expected (way more "white", the ring he had tried on was a darker gray), but it's not a big deal, he can live with it. My ring, on the other hand, did not have any diamond when it was supposed to have one. :sad2: At least they said they were going to fix it when I showed them the image from the catalog. Really hope it's fine when I go to pick it up again later this week...

Day 5 - A major mistake and a go with the flow day

After a very long day at the water park and Epcot evening extra magic hour, we were in desperate need of a break! All we had planned today was dinner in Downtown Disney, so we decided to just go with the flow.

I guess DH got used to waking up early everyday and by 8am he was fully awake. He didn't want to wake us up, so he just walked around the resort by himself. He took a few pictures of the resort along the way.

View of the main pool from Caribbean Cay
Viewofpool.jpg

View our our village, Aruba
ViewofAruba.jpg

Old Port Royale
OPRcentertown.jpg

OldPortRoyalfountain.jpg

When he came back his daughter was just waking up (9:30am, she's NEVER gotten up so late! :eek: I guess Disney really tired her up. :rotfl:) DH took her to Old Port Royale so she could eat. They also played in the arcade (got a free voucher in our package).

I finally got up at 10:30 (awwww, I love sleeping in. :goodvibes). Unfortunately, I took my time just a little too much and missed breakfast by mere minutes. :sad1: Oh well, I had a cheese pizza as an early lunch. It was ok, nothing spectacular.

For whatever reason we decided to go to Hollywood Studios. BIG mistake! That place was packed!:scared1: It was around noon and already no FPs for all 3 big rides and at least an hour wait for everything. Let's just say we turned right around and went straight back to the resort. Well, that was a waste of an hour. :headache:

Ok, so back to our plan of taking it slow. We went to the quiet pool, but it was a bit too calm for us, and mostly too deep for DD to feel confident. So instead we went back to the main pool. On the way there we took some time to explore the little island Caribbean Cay.

CaribbeanCay.jpg

Hibiscus.jpg

PiratePool.jpg

We tried the hot tub. It was nice, but way too hot for a hot summer day. After a while I got tired and came back for a nap (yes, even after getting up so late. :rolleyes1). Eventually DH and DD came back. We got ready and left for Downtown Disney around 5pm.

We got off at Marketplace and shopped around a little before our 6pm ADR.
Marketplacesign.jpg

DTDFantasiaBrooms.jpg

Legodragon2.jpg

Legodragon.jpg

Legofamily.jpg

Legopeople.jpg

Legopeople2.jpg

Legorobot.jpg

LegorobotandRon.jpg

Legospaceship.jpg

Legowall.jpg

Continued in next post.

We made our way to Planet Hollywood.
PlanetHollywoodSign.jpg

We took our pictures (was included for free with our package. :)) and were quickly seated. There are so many things to look at inside this place, it's almost dizzying! There's even a giant screen showing videos.
InsidePlanetHollywood.jpg

For dinner I had fajitas. Unfortunately, the tortilla tasted very floury and the chicken was just bland. :sad1:
PlanetHollywoodMelFood.jpg

DH had ribs. He said it was very good. It came with fries, which were delicious!
PlanetHollywoodRonFood.jpg

DD had this amazingly good fried lasagna. I really should have just split a meal with her because 1. it was yummy! and 2. It was so filling she only ate a third of it. We brought the leftover back to our room, but we had so many leftovers that week that we never finished it.
PlanetHollywoodDDFood.jpg

After our good meal (well, good for almost everyone...) we did some more shopping. Bought a few souvenirs at World of Disney, but didn't think of taking a picture.
WorldfoDisney.jpg

Some artwork we saw over there.
WODart4.jpg

WODart3.jpg

WODart2.jpg

WODart1.jpg

Dinner had time to settle in our stomach and it was now time for what I was really look for: Goofy's Candy Co.! :dance3:

Giant Mickey rice treat
Biggestricekrispietreat.jpg

DD and I both did the "Make your own treat". They hand you a sheet and for each category you tick off what you want. I had a chocolate fudge cookie, dipped in milk chocolate, covered in peanut butter chips, and drizzled with dark chocolate. Y-U-M-M-Y :cloud9:
Makeyourowntreatguy.jpg

Melsmakeyourowntreat.jpg

We did a bit more shopping and left DTD around 9pm. Once we got back to the resort DD called her mom and talked for about 20 minutes. Then we all headed straight to bed at 10pm.

Up next, our date night!! :lovestruc

Day 6 - Our couple's day, starting with Epcot

Today was the day I had been waiting for. Our couple's day, just the two of us together, no kid, to do whatever we want. Don't get me wrong, his daughter is great. Not once during the week did she throw a tantrum, complained, did something forbidden. She just followed along to wherever we were taking her. But everything we did, was with her in mind, making sure she never sat alone on rides, etc. For the next 16 hours, we were going to be able to act like the new couple that we are, and cuddle as much as we want without being worried she would feel left out. Can you tell I'm VERY much looking forward to my Disneymoon? :cloud9:

As you may or may not remember, DH's parents were also spending the week in Orlando. Today they were going to bring DD back to the Magic Kingdom (her choice) while we went and did our own thing. They showed up in their rental car around 7:15am. We finished getting ready, then all got in their car and drove to the TTC.
drivetoMK.jpg

We separated as they went towards the MK monorail and we took the one towards Epcot. We knew we were coming back the next day, but not at rope drop and we were worried we might not get a chance to ride the two top rides. On the way there I started feeling queasy. Like REALLY queasy. To the point that I had to head straight to a bathroom when we got out. Fortunately, I was NOT sick. I just drank some water, put a wet cloth on the back of my neck, and sat for a little while. I think it was a mix of the heat,not having eaten much for breakfast, and over-anticipating Test Track (for some reason I thought it was really going to jostle me around like EE had done. :confused:)

Finally, we made it inside just in time for rope drop. We got a FP for Soarin, then got in line for Test Track. I calmed myself down as much as I could, constantly spraying water on myself to stay cool. Finally we made it to our car. We rode it and... that's it? Going really fast was cool, but that lasted what, a whole 10 seconds? The rest of the ride, all the little tests, I found were quite lame. When I had read the description with "Testing anti-lock breaks, extreme conditions, and rough roads", I guess I was expecting much more. It was just "meh". :confused3

It wasn't time for our Soarin FP yet, so we decided to ride Spaceship Earth for a second time. It was quickly becoming a favorite of ours. :goodvibes This is one of my favorite parts of the ride, when you move backward in this giant open space and see all the stars and planet Earth.
insidespaceshipearth.jpg

We had a few more minutes to kill, so we hopped into Club Cool. We tried several of the drinks. We knew about Beverly, but DH wanted to give it a try.
beverly.jpg

beverly2.jpg

Ready to try...
beverly3.jpg

So, what's the verdict?
beverly4.jpg

Not very good! :laughing:
beverly5.jpg

Finally, time for Soarin. We got seated in the front row. We took off, and... IT'S SO COOL!!!! :cool1: Awesome!

It must have been around 11am by then because we walked around Worls Showcase. I stopped at Liberty Inn to get a burger for lunch. The cashier was a little old lady. I was the only customer, so she chatted with me while I was waited. She was very nice. :)
libertyinn.jpg

I took it "to go" and followed DH to Japan where he got lunch at Yakitori House.
yakitorihouse.jpg

yakitorilunch.jpg

We walked around the pavillion and took some more pictures while we finished our drinks.
Japangate.jpg

meinjapan.jpg

japan2.jpg

japan3.jpg

roninjapan.jpg

fishinjapan.jpg

Continued in next post

If you look to the left of the waterfall, you can see some wet rocks. Do the Kim Possible Mission to find out why. ;):rolleyes1
japan4.jpg

japan5.jpg

Tokyo Dining (from our day 3) is on the second floor of this building.
japan6.jpg

Japangate.jpg

We walked out of Epcot through the International Gateway and walked to Beach Club. We quickly checked out the pool (from the sidewalk) and walked to the bus stop. We hopped on a bus for our next destination around 12:30pm.
friendshipboat.jpg

internationalgateway.jpg

walktobeachclub.jpg

beachclubbusstop.jpg

Up next, the biggest waves I have ever seen!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll be back with a few updates in the next two weeks as I'm off work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter