Our Disneymoon dining report....too much food + a lot of pictures

Congratulations!!! I love your dress. Signing up and can't wait for more reviews.:cool1:

Subscribing. Can't wait to try the Pistachio Crème Brule at the Wishes Dessert Party.:woohoo:
Congratulations

I would have loved to do the Wishes Party, it sounds so good.

Still loving your glorious reviews and pictures!

congrats to you both, your dress is beautiful.

loving your reviews :yay:

Congratulations!!! I love your dress. Signing up and can't wait for more reviews.:cool1:

Thanks everyone, I hope you keep enjoying the rest of the review.

Lesson learned: Do not go get your hair cut and colored and come home hungry and read food reviews. My favorite -- pretzel bread and the filet with cream cheese mashed potatos. Time to go throw a sandwich together. :rotfl2:

Hi everyone,
Our 3rd day was spent at Animal Kingdom. I made reservations at Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast at 8:30am. I was hoping to get an 8:05am reservation, but couldn't.

We got to the bus stop at 7:30am and as soon as we got there, the bus for AK arrived. So we actually got at AK at about 7:55am. So we headed to the Tusker House and we were seated right at 8:00am which turned out great.

DSC03571.jpg

This was Denis' plate. Since we had lunch and dinner reservations today, we both decided we would only hit the buffet once each. So we each only had one plate.
IMG_0819.jpg

Here was my plate.
IMG_0820.jpg

Then the characters came around and here are a few pictures we took with them.

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

For lunch we had a 2pm ADR at Yak n' Yeti. At around 12:30pm we were both a little hungry so we stopped by to see if we could get seated earlier. We didn't wait at all and we were seated right away.

For appetizers we shared the egg rolls and the pork pot stickers. Both of these were really good, but the egg rolls were better. They were soo much better than the egg rolls at local chinese places.

IMG_0927.jpg

For our entrees, we both had the baby back ribs. These were the best ribs I thought, but Denis still thought the ones at Pepper Market were better.

IMG_0928.jpg

For dessert Denis had the Sorbet trio. He had never eaten sorbet and didn't really care for it. He thought it would be more like ice cream.

IMG_0929.jpg

I had the fried wontons, these were just as good as everyone had mentionned.

IMG_0930.jpg

For dinner, we had a 7:50pm reservation. We got to the Wilderness lodge at around 7:20pm, we were both still full from lunch, so we hung around the lobby and toured the resort until 7:50pm.

For appetizers, we shared the western chips and dip and the barbecue pork spring rolls. The chips and dip were sooo good, we cleaned the whole plate. The spring rolls were good too, but didn't compare to the chips and dip.

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

We both got milkshakes as our drinks, which was included in the dining plan

IMG_0932.jpg

Denis got the skillet and barely made a dent in it. He got salad to start and then the skillet.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

I was too full to even attempt the skillet, although it looked really good. So I decided on the Whiskey Maple Glazed trout. It was really good, better than the trout Denis had at the Coral Reef.

IMG_0937.jpg

For dessert Denis ordered the Apple Caramel pie and I ordered the Deep-Dish Bourbon Pecan pie. I forgot to take a picture right away, so here is the picture of when we were done with dessert. We barely took 2 bites off each pie.

IMG_0938.jpg

Up next... Day 4 with lunch at Planet Hollywood and dinner at Ohana.

You were a beautiful bride. :goodvibes Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews.

You are rocking through your reviews, lady! Great pics, really enjoying -- can't wait for more!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA, I was gone on training for work for the last 2 weeks. So I'm ready to resume and finish this report now.

So day 4 started by us checking out of CSR and heading to Downtown Disney. We had lunch at Planet Hollywood before heading to SSR to check in there.

I know this place gets mixed, or even mediocre reviews, but all in all it wasn't bad.

For appetizers I had the parmesan spinach dip. It was just meh... It left a lot to be desired and lacked in taste

DSC03877.jpg

Denis had the Potato skins and we both thought they were ok. It was you're normal pub food.

DSC03876.jpg

For our entrees I had the shrimp alfredo and it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised because the appetizers weren't that great.

DSC03881.jpg

Denis had the BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger. He thought it was good and loved the size of the burger. It was thick.

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03883.jpg

For desert we got the strawberry cheesecake which serves 2. It was good, but nothing spectacular.

DSC03884.jpg

Overall we liked Planet Hollywood, but it isn't likely to be a return restaurant on future trips.

After checking at SSR we got ready and went back to DTD and saw La Nouba. It was wonderful, then we headed to the Poly for dinner reservations at Ohana.

I know there are thousands of Ohana pictures out there, but here are a few of ours,

the sauces and salad
IMG_0963.jpg

the pot stickers

IMG_0965.jpg

the wings

IMG_0966.jpg

the veggies

IMG_0968.jpg

our overall table filled with food
IMG_0970.jpg

Our server with the shrimp

IMG_0971.jpg

the bread pudding with a cupcake we got for it being our honeymoon
IMG_0977.jpg

Overall this was our favorite place. We got to see hallowishes from our table and it's nice that they sub-in the music during the fireworks. The entertainment was great, they made us kiss for our cupcake. And the food was soooo good. We will definitely return here.

Day 5 was the Saturday of Columbus day weekend and we decided to head to SeaWorld for the day. We ate breakfast at the Artist Palette, the CS at SSR.

We both had the croissant sandwich with bacon. They weren't bad, normal breakfast food.

IMG_0985.jpg

Here are our drinks.

IMG_0986.jpg

We ended up eating lunch at SeaWorld and I don't have a picture of that. Let me just say it wasn't worth taking a picture, the food was awful.

We got back at SSR at around 5pm and headed over to DTD. Our reservation was only for 9:30pm, but went at around 5:30pm and we were seated right away.

IMG_1058.jpg

Here is the bread and crackers with crab dip. This was very good.

IMG_1061.jpg

We decided to share an entree and ordered the calamari. It was really good.

IMG_1067.jpg

For our entrees I had the Alaskan King Crab Claws. They came with red skin potatos, which I'm not a fan of. So I substituded those for asparagus.

IMG_1070.jpg

I had 6 big claws. They were almost the size of my hand

IMG_1072.jpg

Denis had the Alaskan King Crab Legs. These were also really good.

IMG_1069.jpg

Then our server came out and gave us a complimentary dessert for our honeymoon.

IMG_1074.jpg

Let's just say, I'm glad I didn't pay for the cake. It was really dry and probably left overs from the day before. But, besides the cake, the rest was amazing and this will definitely be another place we will return to.

The next day, we didn't have any plans. We slept in and didn't eat breakfast. We headed to the pool at around 10pm and went to the artist palette for lunch at around 1pm. I didn't have my camera so no pictures of lunch.

I had the Chicken and Artichoke Flatbread. It was really good, but I'm not a huge fan of artichokes and there were huge pieces of it. So I just picked them off and then it was really good.

Denis had the Smith Stack. It's basically a big Deli Sandwich stacked with luncheon meat. It didn't really look good, but he said he enjoyed it. I forget what we had for desserts, but I remember there not being any left, so they must have been good.

After lunch we got ready and headed over to DHS to catch Fantasmic that night. We didn't have any reservations for dinner so we went to Backlot Express.

We both had the Double Cheeseburgers which were good, nothing special.

IMG_1080.jpg

For dessert I had the marble cheesecake which I found was really good. Although I don't think I've ever had any bad cheesecake.

IMG_1084.jpg

Denis had the Strawberry Parfait and he didn't really care for it, but ate it all anyways.

IMG_1083.jpg

Today was our second day at Epcot and we were going to do the world showcase. We didnt' eat breakfast again today. We slept in until about 10am. Then we headed to Epcot to make our 12pm reservation at Les Chefs de France.

Let's say I was really looking forward to this place and was extremely disappointed. We both thought this was the worst meal of the whole trip.

We both ordered off the Prix fixe menu, which gave us appetizers.

We both got the lobster bisque. I found it was bland compared to the little taste we had at the Coral Reef.

IMG_1148.jpg

For my entree I had the Macaroni au Gratin. It wasn't as good as I was expecting. A lot of people on here like it, but I didn't. The macaroni was cooked too much and was mushy.

IMG_1151.jpg

Denis had the Croque Monsieur, which is just a fancy name for a grilled cheese sandwich with ham in it. This is one of the few things he didn't finish, and not because he was full, but because he didn't care for it, which is weird because he usually eats anything. Oh and he didn't like the salad either, he said the dressing was awful.

IMG_1150.jpg

For dessert I had the creme brulee. I was looking forward to this, but again was disappointed. It wasn't bad, but I guess I had high expectations after the wonderful creme brulee at Tony's. It just wasn't in the same league. The one at Tony's was a thousand times better.

IMG_1163.jpg

Denis had the Profiteroles au chocolat and once again he didn't even finish it. The little pastries were sooo dry it made the whole dessert awful. I even had a bite and it was really dry.

IMG_1162.jpg

Our whole meal just wasn't up to par with every other place we had been. This was the worst meal we had. The only plus was we got to see Remy.

IMG_1159.jpg

We surely won't be returning here.

For dinner we had reservations at 6pm at Teppan Edo. At around 3pm we were done touring the World showcase and we both didn't really want to go back for dinner. So we went back to SSR and I called and cancelled our dinner reservation. We both got ready and went over to the Turf Club, the table service restaurant at SSR.

We both had the New York strip steak topped with crab meat and grain mustard. We both subbed the potatoes for fries. This was really good, I was surprised the steak was as good as it was.

IMG_1227.jpg

For dessert I had the New York style Cheesecake. Once again, it was cheesecake, so it was good.

IMG_1231.jpg

Denis had the apple pie and he said it was good. He cleaned his plate, so it must have been good.

IMG_1229.jpg

Overall we really liked this place. It's not a restaurant you would go out of your way to go to, but if we stay at SSR again, we might eat here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter