Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

Hiya Amy!!! One of my favourite trip report writers!! :wave2:
I'm glad you found my dining report too!! You should definitely try to get your DD out of bed for eggs benedict - yum! When's your upcoming trip?! How exciting!
Thanks for popping in!!

You are so sweet, Julie. And ditto right back to you on the favorite trip report writers compliment! :thumbsup2 Are you writing a trip report for this trip? Did you love the Wilderness Lodge?

We're going back the last week of February and I'm so excited I can't hardly stand myself. :lmao: I've started a pre-trip report but I'm at the boring, everything's planned just waiting to go stage right now.

I'm loving your reviews. I don't think I could manage the Deluxe Dining Plan as the normal one had way too much food for us, but I can enjoy seeing you eat everything!!!:lmao:

Ooo glad to see a great report about the Yachtsman. It was my favorite restaurant from last time and I can't wait to go back, but I always worry its not going to be as good, so hearing a good report is always a bonus. I had the NY strip and creme brulee and they were both so good then, I just hope they are in May.

Hello AussieAngel! I'm definitely joining in on this food extravaganza! Woo-hoo!

Can't wait...going to read everything now. :moped:

WOW awesome reviews!! I love the Plaza, Sci Fi and Ohanas! Isn't that chocolate peanut butter dessert from Sci fi soo good! OMG yum!

I can not wait to try Yachtsman Steakhouse!

IMG_8993.jpg

Just spotted your report, super so far:)

The photo brings back horrible memories though:rolleyes:
Dining here for the first time in 2004, the wooden handle on the fork broke off, and the entire thing loaded with meat(chiken I think), landed on the side of my head:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Yes, I can laugh now, but at the time, it was shocking embarassing and painful.
The server was appalled, and the manager did come and offer ice packs, and to take me to the nearest health clinic, which I declined.
I guess I'm sorry to see they're still using the same forks though.:sad2:

You are so sweet, Julie. And ditto right back to you on the favorite trip report writers compliment! :thumbsup2 Are you writing a trip report for this trip? Did you love the Wilderness Lodge?

We're going back the last week of February and I'm so excited I can't hardly stand myself. :lmao: I've started a pre-trip report but I'm at the boring, everything's planned just waiting to go stage right now.

Oooh Amy, I'll totally go and catch up on your pre-trip report now!! Yay!! I have some reading to do!! We really did love the Wilderness Lodge! We were upgraded to a Courtyard view for our whole stay which was excellent, and we had a big king bed too! :thumbsup2 But yes, the whole place was just gorgeous. I wonder where you're staying this time!?

I think I'll write a trip report! I'll probably finish this dining report first, then start... I have squillions of photos, so why not!?! Thank you for your nice compliments too!!

I'm loving your reviews. I don't think I could manage the Deluxe Dining Plan as the normal one had way too much food for us, but I can enjoy seeing you eat everything!!!:lmao:

Thanks! Deluxe Dining really was a lot of food! I'm glad you're enjoying the photos!

All caught up!!! I am starving now!:goodvibes The food at the Yachtsman looks delicious! ::yes::

I hope you found something to eat to cure your starvation! Heh! :cheer2:

Hello AussieAngel! I'm definitely joining in on this food extravaganza! Woo-hoo!

Can't wait...going to read everything now. :moped:

Hi trixiequilits! Thanks for popping in! Hope you enjoyed your read!! :firefight

Ooo glad to see a great report about the Yachtsman. It was my favorite restaurant from last time and I can't wait to go back, but I always worry its not going to be as good, so hearing a good report is always a bonus. I had the NY strip and creme brulee and they were both so good then, I just hope they are in May.

Oooh, I'm glad you enjoyed it too! It really is great food. I've been reading your pre-trip report too!! (And past reports - awesome!!)

popcorn:: It all looks so yummy!! popcorn::

It was!!! :wave2:

WOW awesome reviews!! I love the Plaza, Sci Fi and Ohanas! Isn't that chocolate peanut butter dessert from Sci fi soo good! OMG yum!

I can not wait to try Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Thank you! Yep, the chocolate peanut butter dessert was great! No chocolate tart though, but still great!! Thanks for dropping by!! ::yes::

Just spotted your report, super so far:)

The photo brings back horrible memories though:rolleyes:
Dining here for the first time in 2004, the wooden handle on the fork broke off, and the entire thing loaded with meat(chiken I think), landed on the side of my head:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Yes, I can laugh now, but at the time, it was shocking embarassing and painful.
The server was appalled, and the manager did come and offer ice packs, and to take me to the nearest health clinic, which I declined.
I guess I'm sorry to see they're still using the same forks though.:sad2:

Oh no!! That's terrible! But kind of a little teeny bit funny. Hehee. Was it hot though!? Ouch!! You'll probably never want to go back there now!!? Poor you!!

Right-o everybody, I'm writing my Spoodles review now! Up soon!!

The next day of our vacation was Sunday - the Disney marathon day!! But did we do the marathon?! Nooooo, we ate breakfast at Spoodles instead! Hehee!!

We were also driving to Kennedy Space Center that day. DH loves all that stuff - me, not so much, but I was being a supportive wife and going along with him!! Wah!

So our ADR was for 7.30am - opening time at Spoodles! Because of the marathon, a lot of the roads were cut off and we had to take a bit of a detour, but we still arrived very early for our breakfast! We explored the Boardwalk for a little while and eventually at 7.30, checked in at Spoodles. :thumbsup2

IMG_9137.jpg

We had eaten here for dinner in 2006 and really loved it. Since then, they've changed the dinner menu and I didn't really fancy much on there, but the breakfast menu looked great! :thumbsup2

We were seated straight away in a little booth, and introduced to our server. I'm terrible at remembering our server's names, but she was lovely.

She explained we could order two drinks since we had deluxe dining. I never really understood that, in our whole time there. Some restaurants gave us one drink, and some gave us two. I guess they expect one drink might be coffee or tea, but we don't drink coffee or tea!

So instead, DH chose a Tropical smoothie and I had a Very Berry smoothie!

IMG_9138.jpg

And also, DH had an orange juice and I had an apple juice!

IMG_9140.jpg

Ha! So much to drink!! One really doesn't need that much to drink at 7.30am on a Sunday morning, but oh well! The smoothies were excellent! We both really enjoyed them, especially DH, who was on a search for tropical smoothies every other restaurant we went to during our stay. :thumbsup2

The juices were fine too! Just regular juice, really! I didn't drink all of either of my drinks, just had a sampling of both of them.

There weren't many other people in the restaurant - only a few other tables were full. I guess that's what happens when you get up too early on the weekend!

I really like the atmosphere of Spoodles though. It's light, bright and airy, and feels very relaxed. It definitely seems like it could be by the water in Spain or somewhere exotic! Nice!

So our food! I had studied the online menus of course and knew exactly what I was going to order - the feta cheese frittata! But then... I changed my mind!! Wow! I don't really know what possessed me, but I decided to order the Classic Breakfast Flatbread instead!

IMG_9142.jpg

This was awesome!! I loved it! It was actually one of my favourite breakfast dishes during our whole stay, and I would order it again in a flash. It was a flatbread with scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato, basil and lots of cheese. Very tasty and so good!! :cheer2:

I only managed to eat about half of it though - it was really big!!

DH couldn't decide what to order - there were too many yummy choices! He eventually decided on the Spoodles Breakfast platter, since it included a bit of everything...

IMG_9144.jpg

The Breakfast platter consists of scrambled eggs, breakfast pototoes, bacon, French toast and sausage, and it's "All you care to eat", which means you can just keep ordering more if you fancy! He really enjoyed his breakfast too, but again, it was massive and he didn't even finish his first plate, let alone order any more!!

We were also given a little plate of ketchup, maple syrup and butter to add to our breakfasty goodness...

IMG_9145.jpg

Here's DH enjoying his breakfast, looking a bit sleepy still...

IMG_9141.jpg

We both really enjoyed our breakfast at Spoodles. The food was fresh and very tasty, and because the restaurant is so nice and bright, it's a lovely place for breakfast. We'd definitely come back here again - Spoodles has proved to be one of our favourite restaurants at Disney!

We gave our Spoodles breakfast 5 out of 5! :) :) :) :) :)

Next up... dinner at Boma!

It's been a few years but we really loved our breakfast at Spoodles, so glad to hear it's still good!:thumbsup2

Yummo! Thanks for the delicious report on breakfast! We love their dinner, so it looks as though we'll be following in your footsteps again! Spoodles Breakfast, here we come!:thumbsup2

Breakfast at Spoodles looks really good. We've always enjoyed dinner there, but may have to give breakfast a go on our next trip.

That breakfast flatbread looks really good. I can see why you changed your mind and got that at the last minute. We have never been to Spoodles, but now may have to pop over and try it.

Oooh Amy, I'll totally go and catch up on your pre-trip report now!! Yay!! I have some reading to do!! We really did love the Wilderness Lodge! We were upgraded to a Courtyard view for our whole stay which was excellent, and we had a big king bed too! :thumbsup2 But yes, the whole place was just gorgeous. I wonder where you're staying this time!?

I think I'll write a trip report! I'll probably finish this dining report first, then start... I have squillions of photos, so why not!?! Thank you for your nice compliments too!!

:rotfl: We're staying at BWV so I've been really looking forward to your Spoodles breakfast review. You've talked me into it, I think!

Hooray for the trip report! :cheer2: Shoot me a PM when you decide to start it, ok? You two always get off Disney property and see stuff I haven't been able to talk my family into so I love to read about them.

So our food! I had studied the online menus of course and knew exactly what I was going to order - the feta cheese frittata! But then... I changed my mind!! Wow! I don't really know what possessed me, but I decided to order the Classic Breakfast Flatbread instead!

IMG_9142.jpg

This was awesome!! I loved it! It was actually one of my favourite breakfast dishes during our whole stay, and I would order it again in a flash. It was a flatbread with scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato, basil and lots of cheese. Very tasty and so good!!

That looks wonderful. But I think I'm leaning toward the feta cheese frittata. :rotfl: Who am I kidding? I'd probably change my mind when I got there, too.

I'm loving your report! 'Ohana is our favorite! We are thining of going twice this trip. My dh and I will do the same thing when thinking where we want to go to dinner at times. We will say we wish we could go to 'Ohana but can't since it's only in Disney! I am very happy with the changes too. I didn't think I was going to be since I enjoyed the potatoes but the noodles are wonderful! My kids loved those and the dumplings/wontons.:thumbsup2

fabulous reviews!! I was excited to see The Wave on your list! AND I did not know that Spoodles did breakfast!! So going to have to add that to my list! As well as Ohana for dinner. Only ever did breakfast there! Your food reviews have been a fabulous planning tool!! thanks a bunch!!

can't wait for more!!:cool1:

Hmmmmm...that flatbread does look so very very good!! I can't wait to hear more!! I did Deluxe Dining and I loved it...so many restaurants and so little time LOL!!!!!

Great UPDATE!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter