Our "Because I Love You" Trip DVC Style...DAILY UPDATES STARTED 8/8/09

Also, one of the disigners here has a selection of princess autographs that you could look into. I *think* her name was Michelle?

Ohhhh...thanks, I found her....or maybe not the same "her" you were talking about but I found someone who had them:thumbsup2 . Thanks again :goodvibes

Lucky! I have always wanted to see MNSSHP!! You will have a blast I am sure!

I love you moment by moment recaps of days that havent happened yet... you and I are very much alike lol!

Ok 1) How about using a few of Candi's favorite Disney characters to tell the riddle... not too sure how to incorporate them though...
2) EOS is Dave's Fave! He raves about it so I am going to try it this trip,
3) I also like Wolfgang Puck Express for a meal... they have a BBQ quesadilla which is amazing! Could easily be shared!
4) Yes they do!

Thanks I am SO excited for MNSSHP (and so is Candi...I should have made it a surprise but I was too excited :rotfl: ).

:lmao: I am always doing things like "moments before they happen" it's soo much fun to dream of how it will be. Only sometimes it bites me in the behind because I am let down by the actual moment :sad2:

I didn't even think about WP Express...I will have to show Candi the menu so we can keep that idea in the back of our minds when we are down there :thumbsup2

I agree, EOS is very yummy, but we also love Wolfgang Express. Its like a sitdown meal without the hassle or time :thumbsup2 You are planning a lot of wonderful surprises; the private golf lesson will be awesome. We went with my aunt when she did the Richard Petty experience and it was super cool! :drive:

MNSSHP should be a blast. We were there the week before it started on several years and they had some of the decorations set up which were really neat!

I like the sound of "sitdown without hassle" :woohoo: We will definitely keep it in mind thanks to you lovely ladies on here :goodvibes

I totally agree! But, I think its now completely gone now. It looked like when we were there a few weeks ago that American Idol has taken over that entire area.

Uh-oh...Candi HATES AI....he may be begging for Drew Care to come back :lmao:

Ok...well, since the release of the MNSSHP hours (or at least what wdwinfo posted them as - I still don't see them on the WDW website :confused3 ) there was a need to make some changes. It now looks like our "itinerary" will go like this:

September 5: Arrival day, DTD, Spirit of Aloha

September 6: Magic Kingdom Day!!!

September 7: Epcot Day :cool1:

September 8: Hollywood Studios (this is a change from previous planned events)

September 9: Spa, Golf Lesson, Racing, DATE NIGHT!!!

September 10: Epcot Part 2 :thumbsup2 (Again, a change from previously planned)

September 11: Animal Kingdom and then MNSSHP:woohoo: (We figured that since AK closes early it was the best park to choose for the party day....we would have done MK this day but we wanted that to be our first and last park of the trip)

September 12: Magic Kingdom Part 2

September 13: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Bye Bye Disney :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I'm sure that this is bound to change again...but for now that is our "final" plan....

Details coming soon......

September 6th Plans ~ Magic Kingdom

WAHOOO!!! The official first day of our Disney World vacation will begin on this day. I can't wait to be back and walk down Main Street and see the beautiful Castle. I am sure that Candi will be going video camera crazy again and I will most definitely be going shutter bug crazy (hopefully with the brand new camera I am requesting as a birthday/anniversary gift ;) ). I also can't wait to see Candi's parents reactions since this will be their first time. I have a feeling my MIL might tear up just a little bit...ok, ok, I might tear up a bit too! With any luck my parents will be there as well and I am really excited to see how they react after not having been there in over a decade :scared1:

This will also be the third clue for everyone....I plan on sending each of them a box of goodies before the trip (lanyards, fastpass holders, mickey/minnie ears, misty fans and personalized maps) which will include thier first "clue" it will be from Mickey and will have their first pin attached to it (Candi's goodies will be a little more different and more personalized). The clue will explain that this is a very magical trip and many surprises are in store, to be on the lookout for more of these clues that can come at any time. Now I just need to put on my creative cap and write the clues....soon I promise!! Their second clue will be delivered to them after we arrive at the hotel it will be from Lilo and Stitch and it will include a silk flower for the Moms hair and Hawaiian shirts for everybody as well as a second pin for each of them...the clue of course is for Spirit of Aloha.

So on this day they will receive their third clue (pin included) and it will be from Cinderella and of course it is for the Cinderella's Royal Breakfast (fingers and toes crossed of course ;) ). **I will be slipping the clue under their door while they are sleeping so they will get it as they leave that morning** If CRT doesn't work out then it will be from Pooh Bear and will be for Crystal Palace breakfast.

There will not be any definitive plans for the rest of the day. I just want everyone to enjoy the Magic Kingdom and all the "magic" that you feel when it is there. However, I am hoping to be able to do the following:

Rides:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (both in the daytime and at nighttime...whole different ride if ya ask me ;) )
2. Toontown!!!! I have been to WDW and DL twice each and never been through toontown :confused3
3. The train (it just isn't a MK experience without riding around the park in the train)
4. PhilharMagic....loved it and I know everyone else will love it too
5. Mounster Laugh Floor...again I think everyone will get a good giggle out of it
6. Pooh Ride and Poohs Playful Spot (yes I know it's for kids...i just don't care :rotfl: )
7. Swiss Family Treehouse (I have a feeling that everyone will sit this out except me and Candi...yay for "alone time" :rotfl2: )
8. Tom Sawyer Island (again never done this...am hoping to this time)
9. Pirates of the Caribbean (I consider it a "must")
10. Stitch's Great Escape (and nobody gets the option to skip....can't wait to hear the reactions :lmao: )
11. Splash Mountain...several times!!!
12. Space Ranger Spin...so much fun :thumbsup2
13. Dumbo...can you believe I have never ridden Dumbo :sad2:
14. Enchanted Tiki Room
15. Peter Pan's Flight (Candi's fav)
16. Carousel of Progress (I may be going solo though .... Candi hates this ride and has already warned his parents how much he hates it...crazy kid :rotfl: )
17. Carousel...you have to ride the carousel at MK
18. TTA ... don't know why but I have to do this at MK
19. Tomorrowland Speedway (Candi's request...not mine)

Sadly Space Mountain will be closed during our visit and this makes me very sad :sad1:

Other:

1. THE PARADE!!! We never caught this on our honeymoon and it is a "must" on this trip
2. Try a Dole Whip...I had no clue what this even was until I found the DIS but I love ice cream and I love pineapple so...I should love a Dole Whip
3. Ariel's Grotto...fingers crossed for a (semi) short line
4. WISHES!!!!!!!!!!
5. SpectroMagic

Ok, so I realize that this is a lot of stuff but we will have two MK days (for this very reason) and I will (use my best effort) to not be park commando crazy girl :lmao: Anything we don't accomplish is just good excuse to go back next year......:lmao: :rotfl:

We do not have any lunch plans this day. We will just grab whatever we find when we get hungry. Possibly Pecos Bills (we really liked it last time) or maybe the Plaza Restaraunt if people want an indoor meal (we ate there on our honeymoon and it was simple but good). Or we may try somewhere new...who knows :confused3 We will probably also take a break somewhere in the afternoon so we may grab lunch at one of the hotels instead....

Depending on the park hours for this day we will stay at the park until closing and then we are going to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I am really excited about this one, the atmosphere seems super fun and the menu sounds yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

So what do you guys think? Anything I should add to my "wish list" as a "must try"? Any meals you strongly don't agree with for reasons I should know about? I need opinions!!!

Ok, this is a HUGE and permanent change....

It's both good and bad....

We just found out that Candi's parents can no longer go with us to Disney World. There were a lot of reasons but a big one was because of how long we are going. Candi's Dad is a rancher and his Mom works in healthcare and they can't really miss more than five or six days of work. Well, considering it takes half a day to get there and back it only left four days for WDW and that just wasn't enough, so they decided not to go, however....

They decided to take us to Disneyland in May so we can still have a family vacation :cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :woohoo: :cheer2:

Which means we get to go to both again!!!!!!!! Is it really mean that I am more excited about this plan :rolleyes1 I know, it kind of is, but I can't help it, just call me a big "meany" :sad2:

Anyway, now there are major changes for our Disney World trip and I can't wait to share them all with you....

Oh, woohoo to DLR!!! I've never been and want to make it there some day!

I need your info over on my PTR, lady!

Well, since the most recent change of Candi's parents not being able to come on the trip with us, we have made several changes to....oh, I don't know, everything :lmao: We are both really sad that his parents can't come with us, but we knew that it was a possibility and we are still getting to go on a (different) trip with them, so we are continuing on with our trip planning and still majorly looking forward to going to WDW :goodvibes

Now, since it's just the two of us (cue the Will Smith song :rotfl: ) we decided to go back and take a look at our plans. In doing so we realized that there were many things we didn't add to the "itinerary" that we wanted to because we didn't want to wear out his parents.

So, where or where do I begin?????:confused3

Change #1:
We will now be leaving on September 4 instead of September 5. This does change other things (as you will see in a minute) but we think this works out better for us. It gives us an extra day...and really how much more persuading do you need :laughing: Plus it fit really well with our (new) itinerary (coming your way shortly :goodvibes ).

Change #2:
This one is a surprise!!!! Because we are now going to be going to Disneyland (which of course used up a chunk of our DVC points) and we are going to be headed to WDW a day earlier (again using up more points) we now have to either stay the whole time in a studio or half of the time in a studio and half of the time in a 1 bedroom. Well, of course we would love to have a 1 bedroom...hello??? Whirlpool tub!!!!!!!;) So, Candi thinks that we are doing half and half at Animal Kingdom. However....

When I called to change the dates I also decided to do a different kind of split stay. You see, we were already going to be switching rooms so why not switch the entire resort. Makes perfect sense right :lmao: So, we will be staying September 4-8 in a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge and then September 8-13 in a 1 bedroom at the Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom (savannah view of course ;) ).

I know how much Candi LOVES the WL and I also know that he offered to stay at AK becaus he knows how much I want to (and because that's our "home" resort). But, I thought it would be neat and "romantical" to go back to where we spent our honeymoon :lovestruc He is going to be super excited when he finds out...I can't wait to see his face!!

Change #3:

Ummm....the entire "itinerary":rotfl:

Because we are going a day earlier and because of the way our hotel split works I decided to change a couple of things....but that turned into a lot of things :laughing:

So, our new "itinerary" looks like this:

September 4: Check in to WL, relax, DTD
September 5: Magic Kingdom
September 6: Epcot
September 7: Hollywood Studios
September 8: Check out of WL/Check into AKL "free day"
September 9: Animal Kingdom
September 10: Epcot
September 11: "free day" followed by MNSSHP!!!
September 12: Magic Kingdom
September 13: The saddest day ever...bye, bye WDW :sad1: (Fun fact: Exactly 8 years ago today, Candi and I went on our very first date:love: ).

Change #4:

Restaurant choices

More on that later :goodvibes

In other News....

I have already made my first purchase for our trip ("no babe I'm not buying things for WDW 6 months ahead of time, only a crazy person would do that" :rolleyes1 )

You see we have decided to try the whole pin trading thing this time. And I ended up buying a HUGE lot of pins from Ebay (approximately 75 of them :scared1: ). Well, I just got them in the other day and I am quite pleased. There are several that are perfect for us (including a Mickey dressed like an Atlanta Braves player....Candi was super excited :woohoo: ). Of course there are also others that we don't really like, but those make perfect "traders" YAY!!! FUN STUFF!!

I also made my first clothing purchase. I found this shirt on Ebay

IMG_07931.jpg

I couldn't resist...I think it is SOO cute. And it was a great deal. It is brand new with the tags and everything and I only paid $4.00 including shipping. Seriously, I couldn't pass it up!!

Welp, I am off to go grocery shopping. But I will be back soon because I need to discuss our (new) restaurant choices and activity suggestions with you lovely ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great week :goodvibes

YAY for your extra day and the exciting news with resorts!! How fun!

I love, love, love your shirt! What an awesome find! I need to start looking, but I only seem to find over-priced stuff. What'd you search to find that one??

YAY for your extra day and the exciting news with resorts!! How fun!

I love, love, love your shirt! What an awesome find! I need to start looking, but I only seem to find over-priced stuff. What'd you search to find that one??

Thank you! I never seem to find super good deals on Ebay, so I had to get it :goodvibes I searched "Disney Shirts" and came across it. I will let you know if I see another one and pm you the seller link if I do :thumbsup2

Currently our "final" choices for ADRs are as follows:

Breakfast:

1. Cinderella's Royal Table
2. Akershus Storybook Princess (we may only do this one if we can't get CRT...not too sure yet :confused3)
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. 1900 Park Fair
5. Boma

Lunch:

1. Coral Reef ... as stated earlier we just like the sound of the lunch menu better than the dinner one
2. Rose & Crown
3. Beaches & Cream

However, the only place we will probably make an actual ADR for is Coral Reef. I really hate the idea of working our whole day around ADR times. I don't think Rose & Crown should be hard to walk up to for lunch. Feel free to correct me if you disagree :goodvibes

Dinner:

1. Fulton's Crab House - this one will be out of pocket because it's not on the meal plan :scared1: but I know how much Hubby wants to eat here
2. California Grill - during fireworks of course ;)
3. Le Cellier - can't wait to try the cheddar cheese soup!
4. Yachtsman Steakhouse - we are steak lovers and I am hoping we will love it as much as FigmentFan814 and her Hubby do!
5. Teppan Edo - we wanted to eat here so bad on our honeymoon but couldn't get an ADR or a walk-up :sad2:
6. Artist Point - Candi is dying to try the Cedar Plank Salmon!
7. Narcoossee's
8. Spirit of Aloha - we loved it last time and decided this would be one of our only repeats from our honeymoon meals (CRT and Rose & Crown being the other two :) )
9. Yak and Yeti - friend wontons (sound) yum yum yum :thumbsup2

Dinner "Back-Ups"

In case we are unable to get any of our desired dinner ADRs :sad1:

1. Citricos
2. Ohana
3. Kona Cafe
4. Tony's Town Square

So what do you guys think???? I know we have a lot of (longer, "fancier") sit-down meals but that was intentional. I am going to try my best to take it easy on this trip and not be so "go go go" :rolleyes1 Yeah, I will let you know how that goes in my post TR :lmao:

O'hanas only makes the backup list :confused: Kris won't let us go on a trip to Disney without a dinner there, my dad is the same way :rotfl: Besides that your choices sound fantastic. We just had lunch at the Coral Reef and the menu was definitely nice. I hope you enjoy Yachtsman too!

I love your shirt! I tried to buy it a while back on Disney shopping, but they never had my size.

O'hanas only makes the backup list :confused: Kris won't let us go on a trip to Disney without a dinner there, my dad is the same way :rotfl: Besides that your choices sound fantastic. We just had lunch at the Coral Reef and the menu was definitely nice. I hope you enjoy Yachtsman too!

I love your shirt! I tried to buy it a while back on Disney shopping, but they never had my size.

LOL :rotfl: Trust me, it was a hard choice to take all of our "back up" restaurants off of the "primary" list...I said it was a perfect reason to stay longer :rotfl2: Hubby didn't quite agree with that logic :confused3 All the more reason to go back next year though :goodvibes

Oh all your meals look yummy! Are you going to stop for a "tortilla with chocolate sauce" too?? I just love that story:lmao:

Oh all your meals look yummy! Are you going to stop for a "tortilla with chocolate sauce" too?? I just love that story:lmao:

:rotfl2:Most definitely!! No matter how good Candi can make me chocolate covered tortillas they still taste better from the France pavilion in Epcot :rotfl2:

We have been talking about "taking it easy" on this trip and because of that we have been discussing other things to do besides touring the parks :scared1: Well, so far we have come up with several ideas and I need your help to help me decide which things we will actually do.

So far we have decided it would be fun to do the following:

1. Renting sea doos and roaming around Bay Lake (we know we could just do this at our local lake but not with the MK in the background :cloud9: and it would be a more relaxing activity)

2. Around the World at Epcot Segway Tour (My main concern is Candi's bad ankle/knee, is this going to make it harder for him to balance himself on the transporter?)

3. Photo session at either Poly, WL or BC (we know that the photopass type photographers don't always have the best skills but we figured if we walked away with even a few pictures we liked we would be happy :) Plus we get a DVC discount on it which makes it more worth the risk to us :thumbsup2)(If we do this which location should we choose? What time of day? What should we wear? Oh so many questions on this one :rotfl:)

4. Carriage Ride (Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans?)

5. Putt - putt (Which course is better?)

6. Disney Quest (Is it fun?)

7. Water Park (Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? I went to BB in 1998 with my Dad and I LOVED it, but I've never been to TL. Candi has never been to a water park EVER:sad2:Which would be more enjoyable for a rookie?)

Now, keeping in mind that I have the private golf lesson booked for Candi as his Anniversary gift (and a facial for myself at the time of his lesson :rolleyes1), what other activity(ies) would you recommend? Candi is thinking 2-3 depending on which ones but he doesn't know about the lesson so I'm thinking two of the above.

I need your help!!!! All feedback and opinions are much appreciated :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Hey Shannon,

Ok all your ideas sound awesome so here is my 2 cents:thumbsup2

1) The Sea Doos sound like a great way to take it easy, maybe after your facial and Candi's golf lesson as a way to spend some time together??

2. Around the World at Epcot Segway Tour, this sounds awesome, Dave and I really want to do this, but I have heard from people that it can be a long morning of standing around in one place, so if that bothers Cani I would pass on this. If he is ok standing for a while then go for it, it looks awesome!

3. Photo session, I would love to do this at the Poly just because it looks like such a great backdrop:thumbsup2

4. Carriage Ride this would be nice at dusk at PO then you could take the boat to DTD for dinner, very romantic:lovestruc

5. Putt - putt, I have been wondering myself, I will get back to you after our trip next week and give you the full report:goodvibes

6. Disney Quest I have never been too, but to be honest video games aren't my thing, so I am not the best person to give my opinion on this... plus I don't like motion simulator rides as they make me a bit quesy:sick:

7. Water Park TL is my all time fave!!! I love swimming in the shark reef and the whole park just feels a bit more mellow the BB. I always do a day at TL when we go in the summer (and we will be again in August):goodvibes

1. Sounds like a lot of fun. I have only been on the boats at Disney for fireworks cruises and for parasailing and Sammy Duvall's behind Contemporary, but I think these would be a blast too.

2. For the Segway tour if standing bothers him a lot what about doing the introductory tour instead of the World Showcase one?

3. I think you should definitely do the Photos at one of the resorts. Although, I love these sceneries because they remind me of our enagement pictures which we did at Wilderness and Polynesian.

4. A carriage ride sounds so romantic. We had tried to do the one at POR this trip, but we didn't have enough time. For Fort Wilderness we have done the hay ride there (we did it as a welcome party for our wedding guests) and it was very scenic and peaceful. I'm not sure if they follow the same path or not.

5. Putt-putt is always a blast! We have done both courses, but if you're going at night and don't have a car the Fantasia one by the Swan & Dolphin is easier to get to because of the buses. Don't do the hard one there though that fairways one is so hard! Definitely do the fun Disney themed one.

6. We just went to Disney Quest for the second time. Although, it had been 7 years since we went there. I am not into video games either, but we met another Disney bride and her husband there and had a great time! They have a section where you can try a bunch of drawing and animation things. Plus, a whole floor with sports games- I loved the bowling! There is one floor with the virtual reality and one with the Pirates and Jungle cruise rides which are fun as long as no one has motion sickness. There are also things like race cars, etc. It reminds me of a GameWorks or Dave & Busters in that respect. It is pretty expensive though, so if you're investing in going you will probably want to spend the entire day there.

7. I've never been to any Disney waterparks, which I honestly can't believe :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter