Our Anniversary Land/Sea WDW Pre-Trippie! - 3/13/11-3/20/11 updated: ADR Plans!

DisWishes720

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow DISers!!:wave2:

My name is Jenna and this is my first official pre-trip report! Although I have attempted many times in the past to write an interesting, funny, and even hopefully informative trip report...I have always fallen short with crazy wedding plans getting in the way! :confused3 Now with the wedding a full 3 and a half months in the past and thank you notes all taken care of, I will fully commit to finishing this one!

So here is a little background information about us and our trip...

Cast of Characters:

Me: Jenna :surfweb:
25 year old newlywed currently residing in CT, but really missing NJ!

DH: Tony pirate:
Also a 25 year old newlywed who works and goes to law school full time and could really use a vacation!

Our dog/only child (very spoiled one at that): Achilles pluto:
A 3 year old boxer who I'm sure will make many appearances in this PTR...not because he is going...but because he's a little like living with Marley from Marley and Me...

Here is a picture of my whole family on the happiest day of our lives:
37643_546120104302_53100461_32533463_3407680_n.jpg

Our Current Plans (and how we got there):
Last Christmas we were fortunate enough to be gifted with a DIS Cruise by the DH's GM. The original plan was to go this past spring with the ENTIRE family. When I say ENTIRE, I mean EVERYONE...cousins, aunts, uncles, you name it. Thankfully that is only 11 people, but it can be a bit difficult to get everyone's schedules to coincide especially with the DH in law school, me being a teacher, and his cousins being much younger. Needless to say it has taken almost a full year to finally set a date for this weekend of full bonding...on a ship...with nowhere to go...
Buttttt...we finally decided on the March 17th - March 20th DISCruise to the Bahamas.

Since my DH's schedule is a bit hectic and he will be doing some law school program called Moot Court in June during our anniversary time, we thought that this would also be a good week to take our anniversary trip back to one of our honeymoon spots and our favorite place in the whole world! (also a nice way to get some alone time before the craziness begins) So we decided to go to WDW a few days early to celebrate a year (well almost a year) of wedded bliss! :cloud9:

Preliminary Plans (I say preliminary because the hotel we're staying at is completely contingent on the discounts that will be coming out in March...if they don't we will change our hotel to the Caribbean Beach Resort):

Dates: March 13 - 17
Resort: Contemporary Resort, Standard King
Package: 4 day PH
Dinning Plan: DDP (we love food!)
Then we meet the family March 17 - 20 for the Cruise

Stay tuned for much, much more and thanks for reading!!! popcorn::

So it is a rainy blah day in CT today, and unfortunately I am home sick with a pretty terrible sinus infection :headache:. So what to do, what to do...lanudry? No I'm far to weak for that. Catch up on some lesson plans? If only I wasn't so weak I could probably hold a pen...but alas...I can't. Make a food shopping list? That's far too organized for a sick person. I know! I'll make my ADR's!! :lmao:

So we decided on the DDP for two reasons:
1) We are Italian. Food is our life.
2) We had it on our Honeymoon, and were so spoiled that we could never go back to a WDW vacation without it.

You'll find as you keep reading that I'm a bit OCD when it comes to being organized and planning (I think this is a trait of all teachers), so I have a very strategic way of making a WDW itinerary. Since I'm sure I'm not alone in this, I guess I'll share with you (although it may be a tad embarrassing) the vacation planning process in our family.

Step 1: Decide on dates
This can be a daunting task with a DH who works as much as mine does...but check!
Step 2: Decide on the DP
After we know this, it helps me decide which restaurants are "must do's" for our trip (yes we revolve a lot of our vacation around food. Since we decided on DDP these are the restaurants we have picked:

Lunches:
Wave
Italy
Japan
Kona (breakfast)

Dinners:
California Grill
Citricos
Narcoosee's
Jiko

Step 3: Renew my membership to TGM (there should really be a lifetime membership with how much I use him) and get the recommended parks for each of the days we are there. Here's what we have come up with:
3/13: am - pool day, pm - MK
3/14: am - EPCOT, pm - MK
3/15: am - HS, pm - relax
3/16: am - MK, pm - AK
3/17: Cruise

Step 4: Plan our ADR's according to what fits and make in itinerary. So we have...
3/13: lunch: wave, dinner: Citricos
3/14: lunch: Itlay, dinner: California Grill
3/15: lunch: Japan, dinner: Narcoosee's
3/16, breakfast: Kona, dinner: Jiko

All this food talk is making me hungry! I thought I would leave you with a few food pics from our Honeymoon that just keep us coming back for more...

Sushi at the Cali Grill
WeddingandHoneymoon224.jpg

Tonga Toast!
WeddingandHoneymoon202.jpg

Crab Cakes at Wave
WeddingandHoneymoon245.jpg

Lobster Special at Narcoosee's
WeddingandHoneymoon310.jpg

mmmmm Lobster
WeddingandHoneymoon313.jpg

So I'm off to make the ADR's...hopefully I get all the times we want! Maybe with faith and trust...and a little bit of pixie dust! :tinker: (nerd alert)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter