Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

For my PTR on Nov. 18 - 20, I am just going by myself for only the 2nd time in my life and I just can't hold myself of not going to DL during the Holiday. My plan for that week is to take as many pictures around the park and videotape "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks and "A Christmas Fantasy" parade. I have done all the rides in the past and I might just go on a few rides like HMH again just like on my last trip this month, IASWH, and TSMM which wasn't opened during my last visit.

I will take challenge by skiingfast and take the pictures of all the different ride vehicles at the DLR. This doesn't include show seats like GWwML, etc.

Also I will be buying two autograph books for my dad's colleague daughters since they didn't buy them when they were at DL last month. So I will surprise them by buying the autograph books but also will get them to sign them.

Here is my Plan for my days which I will be at DL during the Holiday season.

Thursday Nov. 18
I was planning on getting to DL at 3pm, but I am now moving it up by two hours and show up around 1pm. I won't be able to check-in at BW Stovall's until 3pm so I will leave the car at the hotel and go in early and take pictures during my visit. I also want to see if my new Premier AP will work, but if is still having problems I will have to go to the AP center and see what is the problem. I would assume that it will be fine when I get there.

When I get to the park, I will go around and take pictures of all the Holiday decorations and go inside the stores and take pictures of the food and merchandise. Take as many pictures of the ride vehicles that I can before I go back to the hotel. When it is time to go back to the hotel and check-in than come back later during the day for the night events.

For dinner I always go to RSV and get Steak Gumbo every time I go to DL on the first day.

The plan was also to get a good spot for the 5:30 parade right by the Hub and hope the spot right in front of SB castle will be fine for the 7:45pm fireworks.

Than head back to the hotel and rest up.

Friday

Do as many rides first thing in the morning at both parks (Indy, SM, Matterhorn, & TSMM) and get the pictures of the ride vehicles. Than later just do take many pictures around both DL and DCA. During my visit, I will be going around DL and get autographs from Disney characters for my dads colleagues daughters.

Lunch will be at TT one of my favorite restaurants and for dinner at Pacific Wharf for clam chowder bowl at DCA.

Do the first parade at 2:30pm, get ready for the fireworks at 8:40 and do the 10:30pm F! show.

Saturday

Having breakfast at Minnie & Friends Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn during MM. Reservation @ 7:20am. I am doing this so my dad's colleagues daughters will be able to get an autograph from the Disney characters.

Need some help of what I should do just by myself and need some more tips of what I should do!!!

Thank you

I also want to see if my new Premier AP will work, but if is still having problems I will have to go to the AP center and see what is the problem. I would assume that it will be fine when I get there.

Maybe the passes won't work in DLR for quite some time. Just speculating on speculation. Supposedly the new gates into DCA are going to get finger scanners and a ticket pass through just like the WDW gates. Then DL will get them too. Of course at one time unnofficial reports were that the DCA gates would be torn out and being rebuilt but it apparently got bumped back. So I think they just waited for the problem with the premiers to sort themselves out with new gates but things didn't come together very fast.
Need some help of what I should do just by myself and need some more tips of what I should do!!!

Thank you

I have a challange for you, let me know if you are interested, I'll check your TR in the next couple days.

What kind of a challenge is it skiingfast? I just want my pass to work when I go to DL next month and to WDW in two months. I won't have to ask them why my Premier is not working. Especially since I have paid over $700 and have problems when I activated this month.

I'm hoping when I go down to DL next month, one of my dads colleague asked me to get two DL autograph books for her daughters. I am hoping that DL will have a Holiday autograph book. They are both young girls (10, 8) and wanted to get the autograph books when they were at DL in September. They were very expensive when they were down there and I told her that I get a 20% discount off with my AP and they were excited. What kind of autograph book I should get, a regular DL autograph book, princess autograph book or a Holiday book if they have it?

This is a Christmas present from my dad to his colleagues daughters who wanted an autograph book and get autographs from each different Disney characters.

What kind of a challenge is it skiingfast? I just want my pass to work when I go to DL next month and to WDW in two months. I won't have to ask them why my Premier is not working. Especially since I have paid over $700 and have problems when I activated this month.

As I reread this I was thinking of an actual challenge to do while in the parks. Not a challenge having to do with your premier. Maybe that got confused.

Also when you goto WDW will you post your WDW TR on the DL side of the boards?

So regarding the challenge. Can you take a picture of every ride vehicle in the parks?

As I reread this I was thinking of an actual challenge to do while in the parks. Not a challenge having to do with your premier. Maybe that got confused.

Also when you goto WDW will you post your WDW TR on the DL side of the boards?

So regarding the challenge. Can you take a picture of every ride vehicle in the parks?

Ok, I thought you were talking about to see if my Premier was working when I go to DL next month. It would be disappointing to see my Premier still not working during my trip.

I would like to post my WDW TR on the thread, but it is not a DL TR only a WDW TR. I will try to set up two TR on the WDW and the DL thread. I don't think Moderators would like a WDW TR on the DL TR.

Now that is a very interesting challenge, if I do this challenge, I can take pictures of the ride vehicles even if I am not going on the ride or does it have to be when I am on the ride? Also is this only for DL & DCA or just one of the parks? It possibly would take me at least a few days to take pictures of all the ride vehicles when I am going on them. The ride vehicles that are not seen outside like SM, HMH, POTC, are rides that you need to be on to see the ride vehicle.

Ok, I thought you were talking about to see if my Premier was working when I go to DL next month. It would be disappointing to see my Premier still not working during my trip.

I would like to post my WDW TR on the thread, but it is not a DL TR only a WDW TR. I will try to set up two TR on the WDW and the DL thread. I don't think Moderators would like a WDW TR on the DL TR.

I think if you keep going on this thread it won't matter than if gos from DL to WDW. If you wanted to keep this one running.

Now that is a very interesting challenge, if I do this challenge, I can take pictures of the ride vehicles even if I am not going on the ride or does it have to be when I am on the ride? Also is this only for DL & DCA or just one of the parks? It possibly would take me at least a few days to take pictures of all the ride vehicles when I am going on them. The ride vehicles that are not seen outside like SM, HMH, POTC, are rides that you need to be on to see the ride vehicle.

I just think it would be a good one for you to get detailed pictures. It would be up to you to be on the ride or not, and you're right easy to get a lot of the pictures while not riding but nearly impossible on some if you don't ride. You'll have to decide the parameters.

I think if you keep going on this thread it won't matter than if gos from DL to WDW. If you wanted to keep this one running.

I just think it would be a good one for you to get detailed pictures. It would be up to you to be on the ride or not, and you're right easy to get a lot of the pictures while not riding but nearly impossible on some if you don't ride. You'll have to decide the parameters.

I guess you are right that if I want to keep my own thread going, I have to put my WDW TR on the DL thread. But have you seen any WDW TR on the DL TR thread? I haven't seen any yet on this thread.

The ride vehicles that I know that are not visible when not riding in DL are SM, Indy, POTC, BLAB, RRCS (but it is down), HMH, & ST (down). DCA has Monster Inc & Soarin. All of those rides are easy to get on and average to long lines. So it should be np to get on those rides in the morning and there are rides that you can barely get the picture of the ride vehicle in the broad daylight.

I agree, but won't you be riding HM and Indy ect.... anyway?

Also keep in mind that seating area on Captain EO moves. :thumbsup2

I agree, but won't you be riding HM and Indy ect.... anyway?

Also keep in mind that seating area on Captain EO moves. :thumbsup2

I was planning on riding Indy & HMH anyway if I didn't do the challenge. I just love those two rides and I always do them whenever I go to DL. If I was doing this challenge I would have failed if I didn't go on the rides that are not visible outside.

Good point that EO chairs move up and down during the show.

One of the Moderators that I have talked to said that if I posted the a WDW TR on this thread, it will be moved to the WDW TR section. That is a shame but that is part of the WDW TR instead of the DL TR. But I can at least post the link that is going toward my WDW TR just like on my signature down below.

Well that will work if on here you through up a post with link to your WDW TR.

Of course if you put WDW in this thread, and it got moved there. Then if you put your next DL trip onto this thread wouldn't it get moved back???

Anyway, A link should do. It's always interesting for me to see what people do at the other park when thier home is DL. Or vice versa.

Well that will work if on here you through up a post with link to your WDW TR.

Of course if you put WDW in this thread, and it got moved there. Then if you put your next DL trip onto this thread wouldn't it get moved back???

Anyway, A link should do. It's always interesting for me to see what people do at the other park when thier home is DL. Or vice versa.

I agree with what u r saying. I still have my first WDW TR on the first page of my contents and it was great time this year going to WDW.

Just 27 Days until my solo trip to the Happiest Holiday place on Earth. :santa:

Here are more pics from Halloween Round-Up
5045508037_142ec18283_b.jpg

5046133150_96687e047f_b.jpg

5046140610_dcba40f9da_b.jpg

5046143030_b9cc560a12_b.jpg

5046145924_068c05d303_b.jpg

I'm now thinking of changing my plan since I am going by myself to DL on Nov. 18 - 20, 2010. So here is my new plan when I go to DL.

Wednesday
Instead of going first thing in the morning to DL straight from Sacramento, I was planning on staying at my grandmothers house at Livingston on Wednesday night and leave first thing in the morning so I will be able to spend some extra time at DL on Thursday.

Thursday

Plan

I was planning to leave my grandmothers house at 7am on Thursday and get to DL around noon to 1pm.

Than when I get to Anaheim, I could use that time to park the car at BW Stovalls and go to the park and take on the challenge by skiingfast which ask me to take all the photos ride vehicles at the DLR. Almost 2/3 of the rides vehicles at the DLR are visible if you do not ride on the rides. Also I was planning on taking pictures of the Holiday decorations, merchandise, and food around the resort. I will go around in a circle counter clockwise and take pictures of the different ride vehicles that are visible when not riding on them. I will start from Adventureland than to NOS, next is Critter Country, than go towards Frontierland, on the way is Fantasyland than Toon Town and go back to FL and head on over to Tomorrowland.

Than when it get to 4pm I will head on back to the BW Stovalls and check-in my room and rest up a little before I head back on over to DL with my camera equipment. I will head on back to DL for the 5:30 parade, my spot was to be right next to the hub so when the "A Christmas Fantasy" parade is over I will head on in front of SB castle for the fireworks. My main goal will be to get a front row spot for "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks at 7:45.

Dining

Eat at RSV for dinner and get Steak Gumbo around 5pm.

I will plan Friday on my Solo Trip later.

Friday

Plan

The plan is simple, get on the rides that are inside the buildings and take photo of the ride vehicles. I get to DL when it opens at 8am and the first thing to do is get a FP for SM, than head on over to Adventureland and get on Indy. Than after Indy, get on POTC. Go around DL and take photos of the Christmas decorations until I go back to SM and use the FP.

When I finish SM, I head on over to DCA and get FP for Soarin @ 9:30am, than get inline right by Paradise Bay and get on TSMM. Than after that take photos of all the rides around Paradise Bay and head on over to Hollywood Land and get on Monster Inc ride. Than when it will be time to head on over to Soarin and use the FP. Than I should be able to take all the photos of all ride vehicles at DCA. When I am DCA, I will order the WoC picnic for the 2nd Show. I was not planning on seeing WoC that week, but after WoC added Tron in the show it is worth now seeing. I am planning to get a Blue FP so I could try the best viewing area right next to the VIP section.

Head back on over to DL and go to Tomorrowland and get on EO. Than after that just do my usual take photos around the park and get on rides that I always go on. Go on the Monorail and the DLRR. Head on over to TT and have lunch.

When it gets to 1:30pm, get a spot for "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and wait until it starts at 2:30pm. After the parade, head back to the hotel and rest up. Upload all the pics that I have taken during the first part of the day and go back to the park. Than I'll bring all my camera equipment like my tripod and camcorder and get ready to tape during the night.

It will be around 5:00pm when I get back to DL and first thing to do is go and get dinner at DCA Pacific Wharf for Clam chowder bowl. Than after that, I head back over to DL and get a spot in front of SB castle for "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks. Get a spot around 6:30 to 7pm for a spot in front of SB castle.

After the fireworks, head on over to DCA and get in line for the 2nd show of WoC. After WoC the 2nd show of WoC is over I will go see Electronica that Funball and skiingfast said that I should do when I get there on Friday night. I am very looking forward to seeing Electronica at night and from what I have read so far on the DL thread, it is something to check out.

Later during the night, I will head on back over to DL and take photos of the Christmas lights around DL park.

I will post the Saturday later and I hope to get some more tips of what I should do that day.

Here are some old photos from the Holiday season in 2008.

DTD at night with Christmas lights
5132890850_b5f79061ba_b.jpg

DCA main entrance with the candy cane decorations
5132292715_b112b0e164_b.jpg

Fireworks outside right next to BWPPI where my DA and I were staying
5132896848_a2c5fdef0b_b.jpg

5132298913_c5a8fe972c_b.jpg

Is it sad to think it may be the last chance to see the cany cane letters? And even worse to think since they left them WoC colored for Halloween that they may not change them for Christmas either?

Hey Matt, from the report on the disneylandnews.com DL will have the CALIFORNIA Candy Cane letters at the front entrance. Like what Sherry said on the Christmas thread, this could be the last chance to see the sign with the Candy Cane on it.

I was planning to see ElecTRONica on Friday night after "Believe...In Holiday Magic" at DL, but now that has change since with the addition of TRONcore to the WoC show. I was thinking of doing Believe first at DL, than I will go to the 10:30 show of WoC by getting the picnic on the day of the show. I know if I do that, I will lose the opportunity to see ElecTRONica that Friday night since the park will close at 10pm. I also want to see ElecTRONica that night. I was thinking of just seeing Believe on Thursday and get a FP for the 9:00pm WoC show and after WoC, go over to Hollywood Land see ElecTRONica after WoC. My original plan was not seeing WoC since I have seen it four times this year and seeing Believe twice. But after with the addition to WoC, that has all changed and I want to see WoC on Friday.

Which plan should I choose or should I do another plan instead? I'm just going crazy :crazy2: and need some help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter