Our 15 day summer adventure to WDW! NEW TR LINK 11/6 pg. 49!!

That design a tee shop looks great! We have to visit there on our next trip.

Ok the attack birds...I would have done the exact same thing if it was one of my kids. :lmao:I believe I may have done something similar once or twice already:rotfl2: We have to get our laughs anyway we can, right:confused3

Trying to find the best route back proved to be difficult! We thought you could take a boat but though we had to walk over to the West Side to do it, WAS NOT happening in that heat, so then I knew there was a walkway so while Bryan asked one CM, I asked another and they each told us different places where it was! GO FIGURE! Bryan was SO FRUSTRATED, so I suggested just taking a bus well sure enough just as we begin to walk to a bus stop a SSR bus is pulling away! Now picture a SWEATY, RUNNING FAMILY darting for the bus WELL! The driver looks at us and WAVES AND LAUGHS and then KEEPS DRIVING! Bryan was so mad he must of chased that bus a good 50 feet!:rotfl: SO not like him!! Luckily another bus comes quickly after 7-8 minutes max! We all climb aboard happy to be in the air conditioning again! The bus was a HUGE mistake, it stopped at Pleasure Island, West Side and Typhoon Lagoon before we got back to Saratoga!:sad2: LESSON LEARNED!

So we head up to the room with just enough time to shower and head out again for our dinner reservations at Kona Cafe!

We quickly showered and got dressed and went down to the bus stop and EVERYONE was in better spirits!:rolleyes1

The boys at the bus stop!

IMG_6140.jpg

We had some major transportation luck this night though, we only waited about 2 minutes and a Magic Kingdom bus came and then once we got off the bus and walked down to the resort boat launch a boat was there waiting too!!

Some pics from our boat ride!

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

We arrived at the Poly about 40 minutes early because of our great time in getting there! We explored a little after I checked in!

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

Finally our buzzer went off and it was time to eat!

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

I ordered one of these beauties!

IMG_6159.jpg

Then they brought out some of that bread and butter that I LOVE! I felt guilty for about..........................5 seconds because Bryan couldn't have any!

IMG_6161.jpg

Bryan had the crab cake appetizer minus some ingredients...

IMG_6163.jpg

I had the Kona salad which was delicious!

IMG_6162.jpg

The kids ordered Mickey ravioli!

IMG_6164.jpg

I had the steak terriyaki and it was AWESOME!!!

IMG_6165.jpg

For dessert, I ordered the Kona cone for the boys to share and I had there ice cream (the kids dessert options STINK!)

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

I LOVE KONA, we always have such a good meal here! Funny side note, through conversation with our waitress, we found out that her cousin was one of my students! Small world or what!

continued in next post!

Enjoying your update

Poor Eric with the birds :goodvibes

Design your tee looks like fun. Will have to check that out for sure :thumbsup2

I can't believe that bus driver waved and then drove off...I would have ran after it too, saying a few choice words :laughing:

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kona

Is that cotton candy in that ice cream cone? That looks so good :goodvibes

After dinner, we decide to take the monorail back over to Epcot to use some of the fastpasses that we had gathered earlier in the day! We go out to line up for the monorail and I attempt to ask if we can ride up front and sure enough there was no one waiting! The boys were SO EXCITED! Looking back, I am so glad they got to experience that on this night because now in light of the tragic accident I don't know if it will be allowed anymore! I get chills looking at these pictures!

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

At the time, I can remeber being upset because the monorail driver wasn't very chatty. I am SO GLAD she wasn't, it meant she was doing her job properly! Once we got off the monorail, we had about 50 minutes until the park closed so we hurried to Test Track and then to Soarin and that was it!

I took this picture as we were leaving!

IMG_6199.jpg

We rushed out, because we wanted to beat the Illuminations crowd! We got to the SSR bus stop and it was pretty full! We had to stand but then a man got up and let me sit and I held Eric on my lap! There was a woman in front of me and I was holding the stroller in front of me. She kept knocking into the stroller and the nasty wheels of the stroller kept banging into me under my chin! GROSS! This happened like 10 times!!!! Our driver Patty was INSANE! She ws talking in this loud SHRILLING voice (picture Janice from Friends for those of you that watched that show) SHE did not SHUT UP the entire ride and she kept saying how we were so lucky to listen to her instead of the tape! Well some guy yells from the back of the bus "I LIKE THE TAPE"!! Everyone starts laughing and then she gets nasty so then the guy yells again Oh be quiet Krabby Patty!! Too funny! Then some random guy yells "I want me some turkey legs!!!" What a CRAZY night!! Thank god the Grandstand was the first stop!!! Then to add to the nuttiness of the day Eric is watching TV and there was a press conference on and he says (very seriously and innocently) Is that a BREAST conference!!! We all LOST it! That is how our crazy second day ended!!!

Coming up: A safari breakfast & a chance encounter!

Your EPCOT day sounds like it went great! How crazy about your DTD to SSR transportation. To the resort RIGHT next to DTD. Looking forward to finding out if you ever did find that path.

Cute that your boys tshirts are enemys. NY Yankees & NY Mets. Talk about a house divided. :)

Another fun day! The front Monorail ride gives me chills just seeing your pictures, I doubt that will happen anymore.

Kona again looks so yummy--- it is on our list for sure soon!

I want to see the boys shirts... that is a fun thing for that age!

Glad you got to use your FPs from the AM.

Subscribing. I read your report last year and it was great! I cannot believe 15 days in Disney! That would be fabulous. DH would die. He will indulge me a few days/possibly a week each year but that is it.

Looking forward to the next installment.

ERika

Wow, you had a really fun and busy day! We were also in Epcot but we never made it to WS at all until evening. I don't think HOT even describes this day:scared1:

I can't wait to see how the shirts turn out--my kids wanted to do it but we just didn't squeeze it in.

I know just how you feel about the monorail pictures-we have some from when we rode up front and it's unsettling to look at them now.

Wow what a busy day! I'm laughing with you about Eric and the bird. The things he says and does! :lmao: Is he the class clown too, or does it just come naturally?

Nothing is worse than being in a hurry to get somewhere and the bus making so many stops. Coming back from Animal Kingdom our bus stopped at Blizzard Beach. My sister had a drink in a cup, (I know no eating or drinking on the bus) she had it sitting on the raised area where the tire is, fell asleep and as I was drifting off too she lost her grasp on it spilling it on both of us! What a rude way to be woken up! We still laugh about it and she was only allowed to bring water bottles with closed caps on the buses after that. Her excuse was she would never have fallen asleep if we had just gone straight back to the resort without the extra stop.

We missed out on making shirts, so much to do and not enough time. I can't wait to see your finished products.

AWWW That sounds like such a great day!! Can't wait to see the Tshirts!!! And really enjoyed your pics!!! Great ones! With the "BAD BAD Bird scene" it is soooooooooo hard to keep a straight face and not laugh with/about kids sometimes, especially when it is something that is clearly serious to them and it really is just so funny and not at all serious.. "bad mommy"!!!! :lmao:

You all have smiles the whole time, so even with the bus "blues" a few times you all look like everyone was in high spirits!!!

Yes, the DTD bus in general is a pain b/c of all those dang stops! The boat from SSR does work well, not sure if you ever took the boat launch, but it is close to one of the DTD bus stops... GREAT POST!!! :goodvibes

What a full day of fun....seems like it should have been more than one day! Love the IG entrance to Epcot. Thanks for the pics of my favorite - Y&BC!!

Always frustrating to get trapped on a bus for such a short distance. That happened to us taking a bus from TL to DTD. Even though they are right next to eachother we were on the bus for over an hour. Glad the MK bus and boat to Poly made it up to you though.:thumbsup2

Fantastic updates!! I am so impressed with how well your hasband adheres to his diabetic diet!! Kudos to him!!
Your kids just keep getting cuter and Erics comments definately made me lol!! Love, love, love all your great pictures!!
Looking forward to more!

I see I missed the 3rd part to your update earlier

I get chills too seeing you guys in front of monorail. But like you said, it is nice that you got to experience that that night, as likely will not happen again

Your bus ride back sounds hilarious :rotfl2:

What a funny guy Eric is ...He is too cute :laughing:

Great update Diane, loved it! Poor Eric, but I couldn't help but laughing, I bet it would have been hysterical to see- wish Bryan would have gotten that on video : ) I hear ya on the DTD bus, it takes so incredibly long! Stinks about the driver, I can just imagine his face when they pulled away after chasing the bus in that heat. Kona looked awesome - one place we didn't hit this trip and need to when we return - I agree- KIDS MEAL OPTIONS and DESERTS STINK!!! They really need to add more variety. Glad you were able to use some of the FP's and that someone actually gave up a seat for you, but stinks the stroller was hitting you in the face- yuck! Can't wait to hear more, enjoying it, great job.
Lesley

Poor Eric with the birds!!! :lmao: I can't help but laugh at the mental image it conjures up though!

I always hear such horror stories about the DtD buses -- that's why we always drive over there.

Dinner at Kona looks delicious! You know Connor and I agree about the kids' meals and desserts! :rolleyes: Hurray for getting to ride up front in the monorail! We did it back in 2007, but even if Disney continues to allow it, I don't think I will ever let the kids do it again!

Looking forward to Animal Kingdom! :thumbsup2

Great Update I love your pictures of BC that is my favorite resort I have only 8 more days until I return there, my kids love it so much that they don't care if they go to the parks because of all the stuff thats going on there last time we had to drag them to the parks it was hysterical. I think its so funny how your older son looks just like you and your younger son looks just like your husband LOL.

Loved reading your report. I started having nightmares again about transportation after reading the update. When we were there in Apr 2008, the transportation was HORRIBLE!! I am going to write a TR about that trip. I am hoping to start it this weekend and I will go into more detail about our transportation nightmare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!