OT - Southwest Vacations booking - not Disney

sunlover13

<font color=darkorchid>No Chef boyardee here!
Has anyone booked a vacation package through Southwest Vacations?

Here's my situation......

I booked a package through them for a trip to Vegas, flight + hotel.

I want a later flight out.

I called and they want to charge me a lot more $ to change the flight even though when I check online, the later flight is the same price.

Southwest Vacations does not work like Southwest regarding changing flights, getting credits, etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with Southwest Vacations and have been able to switch flights without fees. For example, what would happen if I missed my flight and the later flight is not full. Do you think they would let me on or not? Would they charge me?

TIA!

I'm not sure about the switching flights if there is a delay, but one thing I recall from my own trip to Vegas last spring were the following:

1) you cannot take advantage of price drops in airfare to get a credit on SW when you book a package...no DINGs, no decreases...nothing. The price you book at is the price you pay.

2) you cannot check in on line 24 hours before. You have to check in at the airport day-of.

We traveled to Vegas with a large group; most of our friends bought packages but we didn't. We booked our flight and hotel separately and ended up saving almost $500 over what our friends had booked their package at because of price drops at both the hotel and the flights. As a result, I'll never book a package deal through SW.

I think they may have changed the checking in 24 hours before b/c it says I can on my itinerary.

I'm usually not a package person either, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. The airfare separately was and still is more than my flight + hotel package. I've been checking daily b/c I figured I'd kick myself if I found cheap airfare. It is outrageous the dates we need so the package deal was the best deal.

I guess I'll just stick with my early morning flight. Not sure what I was thinking.......:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!