OT-Scrapbooking/Am I missing something

hollieplus2

<font color=blue>Tags always make people happy<br>
So I want to start scrapbooking again and the thing I didn't like the first time was all the gluing, spraying, sticking etc. After about 30 minutes everything was sticking to my fingers. So I was thinking about buying a Xyron 900 machine. The Xyron website says $119, amazon says $89 but I found a website that says $49.99. Now I am doing a double take. I'm thinking this must be for a refill or something but it says it's the machine. Am I missing something in the description or did I just find a great bargin.

Xyron - Model 900 - Adhesive, Laminate, Magnet and Label System with DVD, Idea Book and Removable Cutter
Brand: Xyron
Theme: Universal
Category: Tools
Rating: 5 reviews
Availability: 8 In Stock
Price: $49.99

Description:
The Xyron 900 creates stickers, magnets, labels and laminate out of many items. Simply feed the item in, turn the handle and trim. Applies an even layer of adhesive to items up to 9" wide. Instantly laminates items up to 8.5" wide. Change applications quickly with easy load cartridges. Cutter removeable for additional trimming. Includes an inspiration sheet and manual.
Multi-use: sticker maker, laminator, label maker, magnet maker
Lightweight and portable
Refillable
Easy to use
No heat, electricity or batteries required
Edge to edge application

I'll try to post a picture of the actual webpage if I can figure it out.

I have a Xyron 900 and I love it. I don't use it for every scrapbooking project, but I do use it when I need adhesive on things that are too large for my little Xyron sticker-maker, or things that I can easily use tape runners on. You might consider getting one of those little Xyron sticker makers, too...I use it a LOT. Also, tape runners are wonderful adhesives, along with Tombow Monoadhesive and the Herma Dotto runner...you can find all of this stuff at a local scrapboook store if you have one, at Michael's, or even W-Mart.

If you're getting back into scrapbooking, you should also check out the twopeasinabucket website. It is LOADED with wonderful ideas and it also has message boards. Don't forget about the Creating Keepsakes website, either...it's really great!

Have fun scrapping and good luck finding an adhesive that works best for you! ;)

jen

There are some great websites out there that seem to offer things at rock bottom prices. So it is very possible that you are getting a great deal!

To add to PP's suggestions on sites while you are getting back into scrapbooking, may I also suggest our DIS boards! We have a scrapbooking community here too! It is filled with people who know the ins and outs of scrapbooking as well as where to get great deals on stuff! (Its under the Just for Fun forum and then click on the Creative Community forum, it will take you there!):thumbsup2

As soon as I buy it I will. They only had 8 in stock. :goodvibes

Personally I do not understand why you think scrapbooking makes you all sticky? I use photo squares for most of my things. I only use my xyron X or xyron 150 (?, the small blue one), if the die cut is very small or has thin pieces. I find that using the xyron is about the only time I get sticky! And that's because the xyron leaves residue around the edges of the die cuts/letters. You need to use an eraser to get the stickiness off.

Maggie

Personally I do not understand why you think scrapbooking makes you all sticky? I use photo squares for most of my things. I only use my xyron X or xyron 150 (?, the small blue one), if the die cut is very small or has thin pieces. I find that using the xyron is about the only time I get sticky! And that's because the xyron leaves residue around the edges of the die cuts/letters. You need to use an eraser to get the stickiness off.

Maggie

I agree with you I have been scrap-booking for 5 years, mostly CM, and it is not a sticky procedure! If I do need "unsticking" I use undo it!

If you use any other adhesive aside from glue sticks, you shouldn't have a problem with feeling sticky. Glue sticks are the worst. I'm trying to use up what I have so that I don't waste them, but I'm not buying any more after that.

I really have no idea what I'm doing and I think I was using sticks and the spray adhesive. Anyway, I finally got my order placed. It's scrapbook.com and if you go through SR you can get 6% or there are various coupons out there.

CC5599-$5 off $50 or more
NC595-5% off
GWP627- free lasting impressions pocket organizer w/ $40 or more
XYRONTEN-10% off xyron design runner, design runner accessory kit or disc maker

I used the 40% or 50% coupons from Michaels to buy mine. I think it was even less than the price listed here, although I've had it for a couple of years. :love:

I do the same for the refills. They are very pricey to me so I buy one when I have the coupon.

I have also seen the refills at Walmart cheaper than Michaels and/or Joannes. :thumbsup2

I Remember When has a contract with Xyron. If you can find a consultant, their prices are supposed to be the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter