ot- now that you have your cheque, what do you spend it on?

ado121

DIS Veteran
hi there all

now that you have received your $100 cheque from the good old government, what are going to spend it on?

i was talking over with dh last night. i want something to show for it at the end of the year. i want it to go towards the kids for sure.

are you 'resp'ing it? we already put money towards that.
are you investing it? in what? we were thinking a really great savings account and then they can buy their own tickets to wdw next year.
are you using it for daycare? we don't use daycare (i work part time around dh's shifts)
are you using it for everyday expenses? food, clothing, diapers.

just curious what everyone is doing.

Ours is going toward our trip to WDW in Jan. We look at it as found money as we have already budgeted for daycare.

I'm trying to be a "responsible" parent and resp it, but Disney is definitely calling. Particularly when ds keeps saying "mommy, we go back to Mickey's house???" and my answer is "someday honey, I promise". I feel totally guilty that dh and I have a couple's only trip planned for October and he's staying home with grandma and grandpa. I would so love to bank the cheques and take a trip in January for his 4th bday and go to the pirate party!

It is found money to us, I am going to spend it on extras such as trips. I have 2 kids under 6. Never got baby bonus so this is a "bonus: " for us.

Disney....etc. :cool1:

Right now we will be using it to help pay for diapers, etc. I am due in 2 weeks with baby #4 and dh will be taking parental leave, so we will need the help then while he is on EI and not earning a full wage.

We already contribute to an RESP and I am a SAHM, so no daycare here, but we will be putting it into a separate account to save for another trip or help pay for unexpected expenses and activities for the dks.

Ours is going into an account at the credit union to be split up for teh kids to give them their own spending money while we are at Disney. It will ammount to 1200 by our Dec trip so we will give them each 150.00-200 each to take and spend how they see fit should be fun to watch a then 10 year old a 5 year old and a then 4 year old spend 200 dollars each LOL. The rest will be banked towards the 07 Dec trip. We don't have daycare costs as the wife and I work opposite shifts so we don't have to deal with daycare costs.

Believe it or not, over half of ours went to child care. DH and I are on vacation from now until the start of school so no more full time childcare as DS will be starting school in September. Our costs will go down to the afterschooler price. The last ones we get will go toward our trip as found money!

Mine is going towards diapers and everyday child expenses and once I return to work (currently on parental/adoption leave) it will be going towards daycare costs.

Of course, almost half of it will be going right back to where it came from come tax time. :rolleyes:

Ours will go towards our trip on Aug 27-06. We already pay for childcare so this is a little extra spending money for us for our first WDW trip.

We put ours directly into our US account for our kids to purchase thier souvenears!! I run my own home daycare so I don't need to put it towards that. The kids wanted to go to (SHUDDER) build a bear but I suggested to wait for our Disney trip in Dec, they both went for it!! YAH!!

I'm using it for preschool for ds in the fall. For the summer, I'll use it to buy things he needs. I look at it as 'for him'. Never thought of putting it away for Disney though.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!