OT - need front load washer suggestions

surfgirl

DIS Veteran
We moved about a month ago and since then, my front load washer has 'issues'. It shakes and vibrates uncontrollably when in the spin cycle (only the medium, not the high). A repairman has levelled it and said that the shaft may have been bent during moving. He cannot improve the shaking (I can't even leave anything on top without it being thrown off).

The machine is 2+ yrs. old, our new house is a 2nd floor laundry (same as old house), however, floors are reinforced here so should be quieter (as opposed to the feeling that we are taxiing for takeoff!).

I will only buy another front load b/c I love how clean it gets things, that it is easier on my clothes, energy aspects. I know they spin faster than top loads, but I can't believe I'm the only one with a 2nd floor laundry.

I have filed a claim with my moving company... I don't know what the resolution will be, but I'm so unhappy with it regardless of their answer, I will be buying a new one.

SO....
my needs:
- front load
- less vibration (knowing this is a 2nd floor laundry)

Any recommendations ?

I have a laundry on my second floor and love it there. I have a front loading Kenmore HE whatever. It's the one with the cycle that can santize.

It's quiet, and very efficient. I have the companion dryer too.

However, when it comes time to replace it (not any too soon I hope) I'm going to look into the Fisher-Pykel one that is a front loader efficiency in a top loading machine. (If that makes a bit of sense).

So, all that to say, check out the Kenmores.

My co-worker has a front loading LG and likes that quite well too.

I have the Whirlpool with the sanitize setting. It is on the second floor. I love it.

Since your machine was damaged during moving and you loved it before why not get the same brand again?

anyone ? anyone ? Bueller ?

:rotfl: I still love that movie

I bought a GE Adora and I've been nothing but happy with it. Bought it over a year ago.

oh yeah, we have the sanitize cycle too. Very important with the cloth diapers

thanks guys -

As to why I wouldn't replace with an LG ... a recent Consumers article gave them 'average' for quiet (not exactly the same thing as vibrations) while others have higher ratings...

still waiting to hear about what my claim from the movers will be...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter