OT: Investing $30,000 where?????

dzneprincess said:
:rotfl:

Does your DH check the price of gold every day as soon as he walks in the door too??!!?:rotfl:

Yes!
21.gif

For what it's worth .... J.D. Power just announced customer satisfaction ratings

Edward Jones came up on the top spot for customer satisfaction. AG Edwards was somewhere in the top 3.

Charles Schwabb and Fidelity were in the bottom 3.

They did say that when they did this survey they thought the most important thing they would find regarding satisfaction was "show me the money" factor; i.e. fees, charges, etc. But it wasn't - it was about having an individual to work with that knew your strategy and goals. They also mentioned that individuals who are satisfied with their investor also put up to 12% more than others ... so in the long run you make more.

We don't invest with Edward Jones - just have a friend from another state who works for them. We've always told him we would like to see what he can do and will most probably start investing with him after the next raise.

chalex, here is another POV, for whatever it is worth.

Do you have any debt, especially high interest rate debt such as credit cards? If so, you might consider paying off at least some of it. I doubt that you could get investment results as high as the amount you would save by paying off such debt.

I am tight with a nickel but even I would suggest that you spend a small portion of your windfall on something fun, like something DW related. :sunny:

Slightly Goofy (who is totally debtfree and high recommends it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter